Adam and Eve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam and Eve

Do you think Adam and Eve have a 'naval scar' aka 'belly button' .. Its a thought that has been intriguing to me.. If God created them then they would not..... Adam from the dust and Eve from his rib.. The first people to have them would be their children... Cain and Abel...

Would love to hear your thoughts on this.... thanks..TBD
    Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
    The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
    Jeremiah 31:3

Originally posted by theBelovedDisciple View Post
    Do you think Adam and Eve have a 'naval scar' aka 'belly button' .. Its a thought that has been intriguing to me.. If God created them then they would not..... Adam from the dust and Eve from his rib.. The first people to have them would be their children... Cain and Abel...

I am sure they don't have a navel for the reasons you mentioned
    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

This is really a non issue but I could see it both ways. They didn't have one because they didn't go through the process to get one. On the other hand since God created them as mature humans then why shouldn't that extend to navals also?
      sigpic

Comment

I've actually thought about this a few times myself. It'd be strange to see somebody without one, wouldn't it?
        ----------------------------------------------
        When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

Did they have navel oranges?

Or naval oranges?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Comment

No.

Why would they? It's a scar, right? A remnant of our attachment to our mommies. They had no mommy.

BD
            3 John 4 - "No greater joy can I have than this, to hear that my [spiritual] children walk in the truth.

BadDog!

Comment

Adam probably had a scar, on his side. Not a navel though.
              On the other hand, God could have included a navel when He made them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahtar View Post
                God could have included a navel when He made them.
                Since they didn't wear clothes while they were in the garden, I don't guess they ever had to worry about getting lint in their navels, huh?

Comment

I thought Adam's navel from where God poked him in the belly to see if he was done yet.

Comment

Wow! A lint-free navel. Now there's a concept!

Comment

Can you Imagine those living during that time.. Adam and Eve's relatives... if they didnt have belly buttons.. the discussion at the table..... in the fields... 'why' everybody else had bellybuttons but Adam and Eve did not.. The fact that they did not have belly buttons would be a 'testimony' to God creating them... maybe His witness to His Creation of Man... just a thought...
                      Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
                      Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
                      The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
                      Jeremiah 31:3

Comment

I wish more posts were like this..
                        We need to sit back and enjoy and not have lengthy discussions although there is a need for that too
                        Congratulations

Comment

I can already see it.
                          The navelled people can live over there. All us normal folk don't need bothering.

Comment

Originally posted by Xel'Naga View Post
                            I can already see it.
                            The navelled people can live over there. All us normal folk don't need bothering.
                            This reminds me of Dr. Seuss's "Sneetches" (or however you spell it).

Comment

Story time

Ok, joke time,

Sherlock Holmes died and when he was ushered though those pearly gates Peter showed him around, and introduced him to several of the citizens. After a nice lunch, the Apostle John took him aside and told him about a problem that had recently arisen.

"You see, Sherlock, no one here wears any clothes." [You guys didn't realize that?]

Sherlock nodded in understanding. "So?"

"Well, Sherlock, that means that we have no means of identifying people." Sherlock just puffed on that pipe. [a concession of St. Peter, who likes them himself] "Well, as it happens Adam and Eve have gone into hiding. It was not a great concern when it first happened, but five years have elapsed, and our Master has expressed some concerns. We've had several excellent detectives put on the hunt, but we're desperate. Can you help?"

"Sure, my good fellow. This will be resolved this time tomorrow in time for our lunch, which will be on you, my good man."

They shook hands, and Sherlock departed, with only that pipe dangling our of his mouth as he walked away deep in thought and with his hands linked behind his back.

The next day Sherlock was already seated with a man and a woman by his side when John arrived. When John questioned the couple, he was delighted to hear that they were indeed Adam and Eve.

"Sherlock, how in the world did you manage to find them?"

"Elementary my good friend. I simply asked around for two people with no navels."

BD
                              3 John 4 - "No greater joy can I have than this, to hear that my [spiritual] children walk in the truth.

BadDog!

Comment

Working...
                              X