Did Moses and King David goto heaven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Moses and King David goto heaven?

...simple question... Isn't King David the king that chased after women?

Originally posted by Scottizzle View Post

David did commit adultery but I believe it was Solomon who had hundreds of women.
    sigpic

Comment

I believe that David did and I know that Moses did. Check out the mount of Transfiguration. Surely Moses didn't come out of hell to chat with Jesus. The weird thing is that we think Moses got punished and not allowed to go into the Promised Land. So God Himself buried Him and He woke up in Glory. I'm pretty sure some of the scholars around will dig up a New Testament David verse.

Comment

David is listed in Heb 11 as one of the Old Testament 'saints' to be made perfect in the future with Christians.

And what more shall I say? I do not have time to tell about Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, David, Samuel and the prophets, 33who through faith conquered kingdoms, administered justice, and gained what was promised; who shut the mouths of lions, 34quenched the fury of the flames, and escaped the edge of the sword; whose weakness was turned to strength; and who became powerful in battle and routed foreign armies. 35Women received back their dead, raised to life again. Others were tortured and refused to be released, so that they might gain a better resurrection. 36Some faced jeers and flogging, while still others were chained and put in prison. 37They were stoned; they were sawed in two; they were put to death by the sword. They went about in sheepskins and goatskins, destitute, persecuted and mistreated— 38the world was not worthy of them. They wandered in deserts and mountains, and in caves and holes in the ground.
        39These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised. 40God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

In Heb 12 the OT people above are referred to as the cloud of witnesses, as an encouragement to us to persevere.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Comment

I believe that David is in heaven.

Yes, he had multiple wives. Although not as many as his son, Solomon. Both David and Solomon disobeyed God direct orders for kings not to multiple their wives.

David was a terrible husband and father.

He was a murderer.

He was an adulterer.

He was governed by his passions.....all of them.

When his own daughter was raped by her half-brother, he did nothing. His sons were unruly and rebellious.

However, none of those things send you to hell. What sends you to hell is refusing to repent of your sins and rejecting God's gift of grace.

King David was also a man after God's own heart. What that means is that when David was shown his sins, he immediately fell into a spirit of repentance and cried out to God for forgiveness and for spiritual healing/cleansing.

It doesn't mean he was a goody-two-shoes. Just read the bible and see how controlled by the flesh he was. But he was a repentant man. And he never blamed his sinful ways on anyone but himself.

He knew what salvation was. In fact, he cried out to God to restore the joy of His salvation unto him.
          sigpic
          ".....it's your nickel"

Comment

He chased after one woman, Bathsheba. He even had her husband killed. But David repented. And I believe God forgave him. The prophets always look back at the David years as the best years for Israel.

...his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as the heart of David his father.

Nevertheless for David's sake did the LORD his God give him a lamp in Jerusalem, to set up his son after him, and to establish Jerusalem:

Because David did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, and turned not aside from any thing that he commanded him all the days of his life, save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite. -1 Kings 15:3-5

And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd. -Ezekiel 34:23

And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. -Ezekiel 37:24

And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever. -Ezekiel 37:25

And I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the LORD have spoken it. -Ezekiel 34:24

Comment

If David is not in Paradise(Abraham's bosom), then Christ is not the messiah, and he was a liar. Christ is the son of David(Matt chapter 1), and Christ is going to sit on the throne of David for all of eternity( Jeremiah 23:5-6).

Christ can't sit on the throne of Hell where David is, can he? I think not. David has to be in Paradise in order for Christ to take David's throne.

Moses was with Christ and Elijah on the mount of transfiguration in Matthew chapter 17. Did Moses come from Hell to appear with Elijah? I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe King View Post
                David did commit adultery but I believe it was Solomon who had hundreds of women.
                David had a very impressive array of women as well. And he, "the man after God's own heart", is waiting for us in heaven.
                ----------------------------------------------
                When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

John 3:13 says No.

“No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man”

todd

Comment

Originally posted by valleybldr View Post
                    John 3:13 says No.

“No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man”

todd
                    But what about after Jesus's resurrection? Obviously John3:13 is talking about His earthly ministry, but the question is where are dead believers now at this point of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethany67 View Post
                      But what about after Jesus's resurrection? Obviously John3:13 is talking about His earthly ministry, but the question is where are dead believers now at this point of time.
                      My best guess is that they are awaiting their judgment and resurrection like everyone else. todd

Comment

Originally posted by valleybldr View Post
                        My best guess is that they are awaiting their judgment and resurrection like everyone else. todd
                        Curious as to how you accommodate 2.Cor 5:6-8 and being absent from the body/being with the Lord? There's no mention there of an intermediate state. Again in Phil 1, Paul contrasts being in the body with being with the Lord. Specifically in v.23 he talks of departing and being with Christ.

Comment

questioning salvation based on the law

When are we going to stop questioning whether people made it to heaven or not based on their resumé in the law?

When are we going to stop measuring our victory in Christ with the measuring stick of the law? It is written:

Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God for if righteouness comes by the law, then Christ died in vain.

Gal 5:4 Those that try to make it to heaven by keeping the law, are fallen from grace. (paraphrased)

Shalom

Comment

Originally posted by Servant89 View Post
                            When are we going to stop questioning whether people made it to heaven or not based on their resumé in the law?
                            Originally posted by Servant89 View Post

When are we going to stop measuring our victory in Christ with the measuring stick of the law? It is written:

Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God for if righteouness comes by the law, then Christ died in vain.

Gal 5:4 Those that try to make it to heaven by keeping the law, are fallen from grace. (paraphrased)

Shalom
                            It's not our call anyway. It's a waste of time to speculate though, obviously, they both are going to be key figures in the future Messianic Kingdom. todd

Comment

Originally posted by Bethany67 View Post
                              Curious as to how you accommodate 2.Cor 5:6-8 and being absent from the body/being with the Lord? There's no mention there of an intermediate state. Again in Phil 1, Paul contrasts being in the body with being with the Lord. Specifically in v.23 he talks of departing and being with Christ.
                              These passages are is written from the perspective of the writer. Once I die, the next moment I know will be "with the Lord." todd

Comment

Working...
                              X