Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Babies/Children go to Hell?? &More info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion Do Babies/Children go to Hell?? &More info.

Do Babies/Children go to Hell??

I have strongly believed since I was very young... that: babies and children under that age of accountability (12) go to Heaven when they die.

Visit: http://www.inplainsite.org/html/do_children_go_to_hell_.html

Prayer is also effective.
    If one recently received Christ as their LORD and SAVIOUR and has a teenager that was not taught about Jesus ,Salvation,Heaven or Hell. (and so on) and they -at this time- reject the Most Precious Gift Ever Given (Salvation) - don't worry... Just pray day and night for your teenager.

Do bible study in the same room as they are in, now... sometimes a talk between you and your teenager may get heated concerning the God and the Bible, please don't look at it as a bad start, because thats a good begining, you see when they notice you reading the bible, they will feel some bitterness... because they don't -at that time- have what you have - Salvation- and they do not understand it, they may ask you some questions for instance: Why do you believe in God?? Or Whats so Important about the Bible?? Or Why do you praise and pray to a God that you can not see??

Personally,I love the last question, because a christian can roll with this one in different directions: It may to some sound stupid, but if one would just think about this:
    I'd say to the teen>> - For the same reason that you eat a Tomatoe Sandwitch and drink a can of cranberry juice, because its good to the taste and helps you keep going and cleans you out, its good for you,Physically Speaking. Gods Word has a little of sweet and sour in it, kind of like that cranberry juice that you just drank, its sweet and sour at the same time but it cleans you out and its good for you Spiritually Speaking, . If the bible was labled fruity...which lot of people in this world would more likely call it that now adays. I'd clean that statement up by saying this: The Bible is just like cranberries, it cleans a persons insides. but I'm talking spiritually.. It helps a person receive Salvation,and walk the path of Christ daily. - Gods Word has a little of both in it sweet and sour, so does cranberries. Gods Word Spiritually cleans out the wickedness inside of a person and leaves a clean clear path for that person (Christian - Jews and Gentiles) to walk with no worries.

As strange as my personal opinion sounds,its best to set a 'cool' boundry/relationship with you and your teenager so that he/she/they are more willing to read Gods Word with you and one day Receive Christ as Their SAVIOUR.

And continue in Prayer.

And Always Remember....

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28.

God Bless,
    PW1

I think the Bible is quite clear that Babies don't go to Hell, they are innocent and don't know any better. Here are some verses to backup my point.

Ezekiel 18:20 " 20The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him."

I think this passage shows we don't inherit sin... just because our parents are righteous don't mean we are righteous. Just because our parents are unbelievers and sinners don't mean we have to be or are unbelievers and sinners. So in a nut shell we don't bear that iniquity or righteousness of another only our own iniquity or righteousness.

Also before we can sin we have to understand what sin is... look at what Paul said in Rom 7:8-10

"But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. 9For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. 10And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death."

We see here that at one time Paul didn't know that law or was unaware and without the law there was no sin. However once he learned the law he knew he had sinned and then he died spiritually.

Also babies don't have the ability to obey the plan of salvation. Listed below

Hear - Rom 10:14. 17
    Believe - John 3:16, Mark 16:16, etc...
    Repent - Acts 17:30
    Confession - Rom 10:10, Acts 8:26-ff
    Baptism - 1st Peter 3:20-21, Acts 8:16-ff, Mark 16:16 etc...

A baby can hear the word granted but they wouldn't understand it... wouldn't understand the purpose of Christ sacrifice...

A baby can't believe... they don't have that concept or understanding...

A baby can't repent... they don't even know what sin is to repent of it... and without knowledge of it being wrong they aren't sinning...

A baby can't confess... they can't talk or do sign language they don't know how to communicate yet.

A baby can be baptized however theirs no point in it... because A.) they didn't make the choice and didn't meet the other requirements such as believe... also baptism washes away our sins Acts 22:16 not to mention babies don't have sin.

So no babies are not lost until they reach an age to where they have an understanding of what sin is... that it separates them from God.

Lastly just because I am sure someone will bring it up about the sin of Adam and we inherit it... the answer is no we do not inherit sin only the consequences of it. The consequence of Adam and Eves sin means that man dies physically so we still have that consequence.

Just as if a excepting mother does drugs then the baby doesn't inherit that sin.. however they will have to pay the consequences such as a defect or something of that sort.

Another example would be a drunk driver... obviously the drunk driver sinned by drinking and getting behind a wheel yet the innocent family that he hit didn't sin they where just part of the consequence of his sin.

Oh and one question for the TC I noticed you put the age of 12 as the age someone is accountable... may I ask where that number came from? Just wondering.
    Isaiah 6:8 "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" We should always be willing to do God's bidding, seek ye first the kingdom of God.

I use Linux because I don't like Windows

Comment

Oh and one question for the TC I noticed you put the age of 12 as the age someone is accountable... may I ask where that number came from? Just wondering.
      Yeah, why 12 and not 20? At least the age 20 is in the Bible...
      One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism, One God and Father over us all.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve M View Post
        Yeah, why 12 and not 20? At least the age 20 is in the Bible...
        Jesus was 12 when He was found preaching in the temple remember?

God bless
        "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Originally posted by PW1 View Post
          Do Babies/Children go to Hell??

I have strongly believed since I was very young... that: babies and children under that age of accountability (12) go to Heaven when they die.

Visit: http://www.inplainsite.org/html/do_children_go_to_hell_.html

Prayer is also effective.
          If one recently received Christ as their LORD and SAVIOUR and has a teenager that was not taught about Jesus ,Salvation,Heaven or Hell. (and so on) and they -at this time- reject the Most Precious Gift Ever Given (Salvation) - don't worry... Just pray day and night for your teenager.

Do bible study in the same room as they are in, now... sometimes a talk between you and your teenager may get heated concerning the God and the Bible, please don't look at it as a bad start, because thats a good begining, you see when they notice you reading the bible, they will feel some bitterness... because they don't -at that time- have what you have - Salvation- and they do not understand it, they may ask you some questions for instance: Why do you believe in God?? Or Whats so Important about the Bible?? Or Why do you praise and pray to a God that you can not see??

Personally,I love the last question, because a christian can roll with this one in different directions: It may to some sound stupid, but if one would just think about this:
          I'd say to the teen>> - For the same reason that you eat a Tomatoe Sandwitch and drink a can of cranberry juice, because its good to the taste and helps you keep going and cleans you out, its good for you,Physically Speaking. Gods Word has a little of sweet and sour in it, kind of like that cranberry juice that you just drank, its sweet and sour at the same time but it cleans you out and its good for you Spiritually Speaking, . If the bible was labled fruity...which lot of people in this world would more likely call it that now adays. I'd clean that statement up by saying this: The Bible is just like cranberries, it cleans a persons insides. but I'm talking spiritually.. It helps a person receive Salvation,and walk the path of Christ daily. - Gods Word has a little of both in it sweet and sour, so does cranberries. Gods Word Spiritually cleans out the wickedness inside of a person and leaves a clean clear path for that person (Christian - Jews and Gentiles) to walk with no worries.

As strange as my personal opinion sounds,its best to set a 'cool' boundry/relationship with you and your teenager so that he/she/they are more willing to read Gods Word with you and one day Receive Christ as Their SAVIOUR.

And continue in Prayer.

And Always Remember....

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28.

God Bless,
          PW1
          If it weren't for Christ's sacrafice all mankind would have gone to hell, even young children. But due to the grace offered through Christ, I am of a strong belief that children who die before coming to knowledge/maturity, as well as all who believe in the name of Christ and call on his name will be saved. Here are the verses that essentially supports this.

Romans 5:18
          Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Romans 10:13
          For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow View Post

God bless
            Yeah, but there's noplace in the Bible we're shown God holding a twelve-year-old morally accountable and letting the 11-year-old go. We have a glaring example in the Bible of God holding a 20-year-old accountable for their sins and letting the 19-year-old go.

Edit: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...=14&version=31 --Numbers 14. The people grumble, and God says everybody who saw what He did in Egypt would die, except for Caleb and Joshua. That is, ALL THOSE 20 and UPWARD. 19 year olds who murmured against the Lord? They got to go in.

31 As for your children that you said would be taken as plunder, I will bring them in to enjoy the land you have rejected.
            19 and down the Lord considered to be children. 20 and up, adults. This was the delineating line in the censuses' that were taken, as well.

That's a pretty strong argument to have the age of maturity at 20, as far as I can read the scripture. 12? Not so much.

Comment

According to what everyone has already agreed upon: Seems to me that the age of accountability would be different for each child, depending on when they had the capacity to understand what sin is, and the ability to accept Christ's forgiveness.

That being said...

Jesus being in the Temple when He was 12....Remember that in the 1st century a young man became a "son of the commandments" (Bar Mitzvah) and could participate in worship at the Temple/synagogue when he was 12 (today I Think it's 13, but I'm not sure).

Just an aside
              Ιησούς Χριστός ο κυριος μου και ο θεος μου

****When the Lord opens a door, don't walk through it....run full speed; if it's the wrong one He'll let ya know...sometimes He just wants to see if you'll move at all!****

A Minister of God Ministry - Support and understanding for a Christian serving in the military

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow View Post

God bless
                Forgot to adress the 12 thing...I agree with the others..it really depends on the child and their level of understanding. I've known some 12 year olds who were 12 going on 20..and likewise I've known some 12 year olds who are still pretty juvenile and immature. Whatever the case, praying for the person is always the best bet.

In Christ,

Stephen

Comment

No, they go to be with the Lord

2 Sam 12:18 And it came to pass on the seventh day, that the child died. And the servants of David feared to tell him that the child was dead: for they said, Behold, while the child was yet alive, we spake unto him, and he would not hearken unto our voice: how will he then vex himself, if we tell him that the child is dead?
                  19 But when David saw that his servants whispered, David perceived that the child was dead: therefore David said unto his servants, Is the child dead? And they said, He is dead.
                  20 Then David arose from the earth, and washed, and anointed himself, and changed his apparel, and came into the house of the LORD, and worshipped: then he came to his own house; and when he required, they set bread before him, and he did eat.
                  21 Then said his servants unto him, What thing is this that thou hast done? thou didst fast and weep for the child, while it was alive; but when the child was dead, thou didst rise and eat bread.
                  22 And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live? 23 But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me

David knew that his son was where he would one day be going.

Comment

Originally posted by uric3 View Post
                    I think the Bible is quite clear that Babies don't go to Hell, they are innocent and don't know any better. Here are some verses to backup my point.

Ezekiel 18:20 " 20The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him."

I think this passage shows we don't inherit sin... just because our parents are righteous don't mean we are righteous. Just because our parents are unbelievers and sinners don't mean we have to be or are unbelievers and sinners. So in a nut shell we don't bear that iniquity or righteousness of another only our own iniquity or righteousness.

Also before we can sin we have to understand what sin is... look at what Paul said in Rom 7:8-10

"But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. 9For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. 10And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death."

We see here that at one time Paul didn't know that law or was unaware and without the law there was no sin. However once he learned the law he knew he had sinned and then he died spiritually.

Also babies don't have the ability to obey the plan of salvation. Listed below

Hear - Rom 10:14. 17
                    Believe - John 3:16, Mark 16:16, etc...
                    Repent - Acts 17:30
                    Confession - Rom 10:10, Acts 8:26-ff
                    Baptism - 1st Peter 3:20-21, Acts 8:16-ff, Mark 16:16 etc...

A baby can hear the word granted but they wouldn't understand it... wouldn't understand the purpose of Christ sacrifice...

A baby can't believe... they don't have that concept or understanding...

A baby can't repent... they don't even know what sin is to repent of it... and without knowledge of it being wrong they aren't sinning...

A baby can't confess... they can't talk or do sign language they don't know how to communicate yet.

A baby can be baptized however theirs no point in it... because A.) they didn't make the choice and didn't meet the other requirements such as believe... also baptism washes away our sins Acts 22:16 not to mention babies don't have sin.

So no babies are not lost until they reach an age to where they have an understanding of what sin is... that it separates them from God.

Lastly just because I am sure someone will bring it up about the sin of Adam and we inherit it... the answer is no we do not inherit sin only the consequences of it. The consequence of Adam and Eves sin means that man dies physically so we still have that consequence.

Just as if a excepting mother does drugs then the baby doesn't inherit that sin.. however they will have to pay the consequences such as a defect or something of that sort.

Another example would be a drunk driver... obviously the drunk driver sinned by drinking and getting behind a wheel yet the innocent family that he hit didn't sin they where just part of the consequence of his sin.

-------------------------------------------------------------

12 years is mentioned by the link that I provided in my original topic here... Jewish law says 13 years. But, I ran accross this website that says:

Preceeding paragraphs have shown that God's Bible says children are not fully capable of distinguishing between good and evil (Deu 1.39, Isa 7.16).

Numbers 14.29 and Deuteronomy 1.39 establish the precedent that God will NOT hold children responsible when He brings judgment for sin.

What is a "child?" By inference from Numbers 14.29, a "child" is a person who is aged 19 or younger.

CONCLUSION: Only those persons age 20 and older are held accountable for sin.

http://www.biblebell.org/accountability.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
                    I Strongly believe that if a parent teaches the child what is right and what is wrong in life...that child will know before or at age 12.
                    God Bless you all.
                    PW1

Comment

-------------------------------------------------------------

12 years is mentioned by the link that I provided in my original topic here... Jewish law says 13 years. But, I ran accross this website that says:

Preceeding paragraphs have shown that God's Bible says children are not fully capable of distinguishing between good and evil (Deu 1.39, Isa 7.16).

Numbers 14.29 and Deuteronomy 1.39 establish the precedent that God will NOT hold children responsible when He brings judgment for sin.

What is a "child?" By inference from Numbers 14.29, a "child" is a person who is aged 19 or younger.

CONCLUSION: Only those persons age 20 and older are held accountable for sin.

http://www.biblebell.org/accountability.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
                      God Bless you all.
                      PW1
                      I've spoken to quite a few people about 13 vs. 20. I can't find a lot of good biblical evidence (read: any) to default to 13, and it appears the Jews cut that out of whole cloth, not the Bible, when they came up with it.

Comment

Just remembered the whole Elisha story where the kids were making fun of him and a rebuked them and a lion came out and devoured them. Bible didn't say the age of the kids, but I guess this story does again demonstrate that kids can be held accountable.

Comment

I don't believe there's a set age that applies universally to all people when it comes to whether or not we're accountable to God. There are so many factors to consider that it makes the most sense to believe that because God knows us personally, He knows when each of us have the judgment skills to be accountable to Him.

Two of those factors, just off the top of my head: culture (in some places, children reach different maturity levels and milestones faster or slower, which would impact their ability to reason) and mental ability (if someone's 45 years of age but is functioning mentally at the level of a 6 or 7 year old, then there's every reason to believe God would meet them at THAT level rather than at their age).

Whenever we are able to reason, and understand who God is and what sin is..... whenever that is.... that's when I believe God begins to hold us accountable. I'd argue that in all things, God will be Just; if circumstances prevent any of us from reaching that mental awareness at which point we can reason and understand, there's no reason I've got to say that God would fail to take that into consideration. That includes, in my mind, children too young to reason, and adults who lack (and have always lacked) the ability to reason.
                          -- Your ~sister~ in Christ.... a "Kaffinated Kittykat"!!

ROMANS 5:8. Forgiven. Freed. Humbled. Amazed. Grateful. Relying on Christ.

Love is not a place to come and go as we please
                          It's a house we enter in, then commit to never leave
                          So lock the door behind you, and throw away the key
                          We'll work it out together, let it bring us to our knees.....
                          Warren Barfield

Comment

Originally posted by Steve M View Post
                            I've spoken to quite a few people about 13 vs. 20. I can't find a lot of good biblical evidence (read: any) to default to 13, and it appears the Jews cut that out of whole cloth, not the Bible, when they came up with it.
                            Steve M, when you qouts something that I wrote, don't cut nothing out...

I also said: I Strongly believe that if a parent teaches the child what is right and what is wrong in life...that child will know before or at age 12.

Thank you and God Bless.
                            PW1

Comment

Steve M, when you qouts something that I wrote, don't cut nothing out...

I also said: I Strongly believe that if a parent teaches the child what is right and what is wrong in life...that child will know before or at age 12.

Thank you and God Bless.
                              PW1
                              My intention wasn't to misrepresent you; I happen to think that under New Covenant rules only our hearts, which only God can see, measures the true age of accountability.

I just continue to think that's it a mite strange that folks turn to the modern Jewish practices rather than turning to what God said to the Jews in scripture...

Comment

Working...
                              X