Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why claim you are saved ?

i noticed lots of "i am saved" talk

i guess the one thing i never got is people saying they are saved. its like running on the field in the second quarter of a football game and saying you won.

do you jump in a boxing ring and shout i just knocked you out, even before the fight begins ?

when you finish the race and endure till the end, then let god say your saved.

we have started the race but we havent finished, so make sure pride doesnt lead you into saying you are saved.

he that endures till the END
    here are just a few scriptures
    1. Matthew 10:22
      And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
      Matthew 10:21-23 (in Context) Matthew 10 (Whole Chapter)
    2. Matthew 24:13
      But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
      Matthew 24:12-14 (in Context) Matthew 24 (Whole Chapter)
    3. Mark 13:13
      And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

I'm curious. When you say 'few are chosen', do you expect to be one of the few?

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot that we were saved by works.

Comment

Salvation appears to be a past present and future event. Do not neglect the scriptures that suggest something other than a future event. To be biblically precise we have been saved, we are being saved, and we will be saved.

Past Tense
        Luke 7:50
        And he said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."

Rom 8:24 For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees?

Eph 2:5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved--

Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

2Ti 1:8-9 Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel by the power of God, who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began,

Tit 3:5 he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

Present Tense
        Act 2:47
        praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

1Co 1:18 For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

1Co 15:2 and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you--unless you believed in vain.

2Co 2:15 For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing,

When concerning something as important as salvation, please study the scriptures completely before saying something that might be a stumbling block to a new believer...
        For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris View Post
          I'm curious. When you say 'few are chosen', do you expect to be one of the few?

i dont expect anything as far as choosing, god chooses who he wants so it would be foolish for me to expect to be picked, i am not the judge.

now i have been chosen to know god and christ, but here is some scripture

20For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
          21For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 22But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

so now i have to watch myself, i dont doubt my ability to stray from god, i find myself choosing sin too often, i choose evil then think wow i am so not gonna be in heaven, so for me personally its a WAR . my flesh is warring with my spirit, i dont know the outcome of the war, i just know i must fight with all my strength, lest my end be worse than my start

Comment

Originally posted by apothanein kerdos View Post
            Oh yeah, I forgot that we were saved by works.
            This is the kind of thing that happens when you start out a theological study with too many presuppositions. You make the Bible conform to your beliefs instead of you conforming your beliefs to the Bible.
            For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Comment

lets look at a scripture you posted closer, look what you highlite and look what you leave out.

1Co 15:2 and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you--unless you believed in vain.

look at the HUGE IF , if if if --- if you hold fast, can i stress again if

so before you start telling people its all good and they are saved and can feel comfy, its people who preach all this your saved stuff that causes people to relax into it and not worry for they have been told they are saved.

so when something is important as salvation dont give people a false sense of security, clear clear scripture, he who endures till the end shall be saved,

its like god tosses you a life raft and says your saved if you dont take a knife and poke a hole in it, but your free to take a knife and poke a hole in it if you want

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Missionary View Post
                This is the kind of thing that happens when you start out a theological study with too many presuppositions. You make the Bible conform to your beliefs instead of you conforming your beliefs to the Bible.
                Is that aimed toward me or the OP?

Comment

we are not saved by works who said that, we are saved by god, but then we can kill ourselves with our works.

21For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

Comment

Originally posted by fewarechosen View Post
                    i noticed lots of "i am saved" talk

i guess the one thing i never got is people saying they are saved. its like running on the field in the second quarter of a football game and saying you won.

do you jump in a boxing ring and shout i just knocked you out, even before the fight begins ?

when you finish the race and endure till the end, then let god say your saved.

we have started the race but we havent finished, so make sure pride doesnt lead you into saying you are saved.

he that endures till the END

here are just a few scriptures
                    1. Matthew 10:22
                      And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
                      Matthew 10:21-23 (in Context) Matthew 10 (Whole Chapter)
                    2. Matthew 24:13
                      But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
                      Matthew 24:12-14 (in Context) Matthew 24 (Whole Chapter)
                    3. Mark 13:13
                      And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
                    All of the above are Good points to remember

I dont presume anything and try to remain humble but we can have confidence not arrogance that Phill 1:6 applies to us also, as do the verses you mention. Note the confidence is in the Lord not ourselves. But yeah i agree with your point.

Phill 6:1
                    He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion.

Comment

we are not saved by works who said that, we are saved by god, but then we can kill ourselves with our works.

21For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
                      Ah, so we're saved by works.

Comment

Originally posted by apothanein kerdos View Post
                        Ah, so we're saved by works.
                        nope god save us , our works can kill us

your stuck in the ocean, drowning, you cant save yourself

god throws you a raft -- he saved you not you

you take a knife and deflate the raft - your works killed you

you cannot throw yourself a raft - you cannot save yourself

Comment

It wasn't aimed at you AK.

FewAreChosen,
                          You pick one?!?! I posted 11 scriptures and you pick one?!?!? What praytell do you do with the other ones, particularly the PAST TENSE ones???

Comment

nope god save us , our works can kill us

your stuck in the ocean, drowning, you cant save yourself

god throws you a raft -- he saved you not you

you take a knife and deflate the raft - your works killed you

you cannot throw yourself a raft - you cannot save yourself
                            Ah, I get it now. You're saying that works ultimately save us.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Missionary View Post
                              It wasn't aimed at you AK.

FewAreChosen,
                              You pick one?!?! I posted 11 scriptures and you pick one?!?!? What praytell do you do with the other ones, particularly the PAST TENSE ones???
                              When we forget grace, we have to pick one verse out of many.

Looks like you and I have something we agree on.

Comment

Working...
                              X