Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are God's chosen people the Jews if....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion Why are God's chosen people the Jews if....

Yea, So like the title says, Why are God's chosen people the Jews if Jews today don't accept Lord Jesus Christ as their only way to Heaven / their Lord and Savior? Any thoughts or comments?

What I have been told is that since God does nothing wrong, and no mistakes or anything, and everything done on Earth is used for the Glory of God somehow even if we don't understand it. He also uses Bad people, or unsaved people for his Glory, we may not understand some of the events that happen but then again He is God, and we cannot ever fully understand Him. Yes you may say He is selfish in OUR eyes, but in reality if you think about it, we all owe God so much that we can never give back what he has already given us.

Any thoughts? Comments?

Originally posted by harrychess View Post
    Yea, So like the title says, Why are God's chosen people the Jews if Jews today don't accept Lord Jesus Christ as their only way to Heaven / their Lord and Savior? Any thoughts or comments?

What I have been told is that since God does nothing wrong, and no mistakes or anything, and everything done on Earth is used for the Glory of God somehow even if we don't understand it. He also uses Bad people, or unsaved people for his Glory, we may not understand some of the events that happen but then again He is God, and we cannot ever fully understand Him. Yes you may say He is selfish in OUR eyes, but in reality if you think about it, we all owe God so much that we can never give back what he has already given us.

Any thoughts? Comments?
    God made a promise to Abraham concerning the nation of Israel, and God would not be God if He broke His promise.

"I will make you into a great nation
    and I will bless you;
    I will make your name great,
    and you will be a blessing.
    I will bless those who bless you,
    and whoever curses you I will curse;
    and all peoples on earth."
    Genesis 12:2-3

The fact that Israel is now a nation after 2000 yrs is a testament to God's promise to them. I would suggest renting a series called "Against All Odds:Israel Survives". A reporter named Michael Greenspan did a 13 part documentary about the miracles surrounding the founding of the state of Israel and the success of the Jews. I rented it through Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by Sold Out View Post
      God made a promise to Abraham concerning the nation of Israel, and God would not be God if He broke His promise.

"I will make you into a great nation
      and I will bless you;
      I will make your name great,
      and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you,
      and whoever curses you I will curse;
      and all peoples on earth." Genesis 12:2-3

The fact that Israel is now a nation after 2000 yrs is a testament to God's promise to them. I would suggest renting a series called "Against All Odds:Israel Survives". A reporter named Michael Greenspan did a 13 part documentary about the miracles surrounding the founding of the state of Israel and the success of the Jews. I rented it through Netflix.
      But that's Israel, not Jews. Jews nowadays are scattered all over the world, so are Jews going to beleive in God again? Like we do? Or what?

Comment

Jews are a nationality, not a religion...There are many Jewish Christians. I believe you're thinking of Judaists.
        Jeremy, a bondservant of the Lord.

Today is a good day to die for Christ.

Comment

But that's Israel, not Jews. Jews nowadays are scattered all over the world, so are Jews going to beleive in God again? Like we do? Or what?
          True, there are Jews all over the world, but they are still the chosen race. The Jews brought forth the Messiah. In fact, there is a law in place in Israel called the Law of Return, which states any Jew anywhere in the world can return to their homeland and become citizens of Israel which is just another testament to how Jews are synonymous with the nation if Israel.

Comment

Any thoughts? Comments?

They're chosen to be a sign of God's faithfulness. Likewise, though the Jews don't accept Christ en masse, there is a remnant of Jewish people that have accepted Christ.

I'd suggest you read Romans 12 to help some of the confusion.

Comment

How odd for God to choose the jews.
              I know that the goyim anoy'um.

Comment

Originally posted by Sold Out View Post
                True, there are Jews all over the world, but they are still the chosen race. The Jews brought forth the Messiah. In fact, there is a law in place in Israel called the Law of Return, which states any Jew anywhere in the world can return to their homeland and become citizens of Israel which is just another testament to how Jews are synonymous with the nation if Israel.

Alas, Jews who recognize Jesus as Messiah, such as myself, are no longer included in the Law of Return...
                Phl 4:11 Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.

Comment

i wonder if the holocaust was Gods way at getting back at them for persecuting jesus

Comment

Originally posted by bondservant4him View Post
                    i wonder if the holocaust was Gods way at getting back at them for persecuting jesus
                    That's ignorant of so many things.

For one, Jews as a whole didn't do a thing to Jesus. Jesus was a Jew, His disciples were Jews, the first Christians were Jews.

Secondly, Jews had been persecuted by Christians since 325AD.

Thirdly, God offered Christ up as a sacrifice, so ultimately it would be God's 'fault' for the death of Christ (which God said pleased Him).

Fourth, the Holocaust was the result of anti-semitism.

Comment

Any thoughts? Comments?
                      Hi,

Jews were 'chosen' in the 'corporate' sence. That does NOT make every Jew a child of God.

Only the remnant was saved when Jesus came. And now, in the these end of days, the rest of His remnant is being saved.

2Witnesses http://www.habagministry.com

Comment

Harry,

Here is how I describe it sometimes. God has both a covert and an overt relationship with people.

I personally have a covert relationship with God; it's private, in my head and in my heart. It's not for show; other people can't see it. I keep it private on purpose. It's just between me and him. No one can really say whether I love God or not. Only he knows for sure; and he's not telling.

At the same time, God has decided it would suit his purposes to have an overt relationship with one particular family out of all the other families on earth. This relationship is very open. It's public, out in the open. Everyone who has access to the prophets and the scriptures knew whether Israel loved God or not. Unlike our personal relationships with God, which are private and the private details remain unrevealed, the details of God's relationship with Jacob's family were recorded in the holy scriptures for all to see.

God has a reason for having an overt relationship with a particular family on earth. As we study the scriptures, they reveal the reason. And since it is quite a blessing to discover this reason on our own, I leave it to you and others to find it.

Happy hunting.

Comment

Any thoughts? Comments?
                          Here are the chosen people of God. It makes no difference whether you were born Jewish, or a Gentile. The children of the promise are the true Israel, the Israel of God.

Ro 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
                          Ro 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Ro 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
                          Ro 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
                          Ro 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Ga 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
                          Ga 6:16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Blessings,
                          RW

Comment

Christian or Not

BroRog, the only way a Christian does not display their life and love for God might be if they lived in an oppressed country - and even then, some still do display it and die for it. Jews, are no exception to being persecuted for Christ.

I don't understand how you can say you are a Christian, without a public display, at least in acknowledging HIM to others as your Savior. HIS Word says, if you do not acknowledge HIM , HE will not acknowledge you to HIS Father. I'm not trying to be harsh, I just don't understand that reasoning.

All true Christians I know, can't help but show that they belong to the Kingdom, and are so humbled by what Christ did for us all, especially the Jews.

God is all-knowing, as well. It was not meant for us to understand everything HE does on this earth. But, surely, we'll be informed when we get to Heave, don't you think??!!!!

God Bless
                            John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

Comment

Originally posted by livingwaters View Post
                              BroRog, the only way a Christian does not display their life and love for God might be if they lived in an oppressed country - and even then, some still do display it and die for it. Jews, are no exception to being persecuted for Christ.

I don't understand how you can say you are a Christian, without a public display, at least in acknowledging HIM to others as your Savior. HIS Word says, if you do not acknowledge HIM , HE will not acknowledge you to HIS Father. I'm not trying to be harsh, I just don't understand that reasoning.

All true Christians I know, can't help but show that they belong to the Kingdom, and are so humbled by what Christ did for us all, especially the Jews.

God is all-knowing, as well. It was not meant for us to understand everything HE does on this earth. But, surely, we'll be informed when we get to Heave, don't you think??!!!!

God Bless
                              Ah, I can see I didn't make myself clear. Of course, you are right that our Christianity has a public face. And as Jesus said, "they will no you by your love for one another." But I still maintain that you can't REALLY know my motivations and what God thinks of my actions.

For instance, I may give to the poor out of my love for people and my love for God. Or, in a twisted way, I might give to the poor out of my love for all the attention it might bring me. Either way, no one on earth can know my true motives.

But in the scriptures, God reveals the motives of Israel as a group. He deals with them as a group. He has a group relationship with them. At the time He spoke to their leaders, gave them his oracles through his prophets, and trained them as a people in a conceptual vocabulary well suited to his wish to reveal himself to the world.

By contrast, he didn't do that for any other people group in the world.

Comment

Working...
                              X