Iwill spue you OUT ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iwill spue you OUT ?

In Rev , there is some Christians who say that christians are in this book, in the first 3 chapters. If that is true, who is being spoken in Rev 3:15,16. They get spued out ? Are these Christian or not ? Or why not ?

Originally posted by dan p View Post
    In Rev , there is some Christians who say that christians are in this book, in the first 3 chapters. If that is true, who is being spoken in Rev 3:15,16. They get spued out ? Are these Christian or not ? Or why not ?
    Lukewarm Christians are being spewed out. They are saved by the blood believers who are not living zealous lives for God, are materialistic, lacking spiritual discernment and are naked, though they aren't even aware of their nakedness.
    "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years." - Revelation 20:6

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus_1611 View Post
      Lukewarm Christians are being spewed out. They are saved by the blood believers who are not living zealous lives for God, are materialistic, lacking spiritual discernment and are naked, though they aren't even aware of their nakedness.
      Agreed.

On another note...Is that Rufus 1611 (80 books) or is that Rufus 1611 (66 books)???

Comment

I will Spue you out ?

Does that me we can lose eternal life or we can not have eternal life ? Rom 6:23 ? That means that if we belong to the Body of Christ , Christ is SPUEING Himself out, and If he does what part of the Body of Christ does He spue out ? 1 Cor 12:27.
        Last edited by dan p; Aug 18th 2008, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus_1611 View Post
          Lukewarm Christians are being spewed out. They are saved by the blood believers who are not living zealous lives for God, .
          Agreed.
          They are Christians who think that all that is necessary to be a Saved for ever is that on one occasion in their lives they decided to repent and trust in Jesus' Sacrifice for them - then instead of living in obedience to Him and His Word to do their best to glorify Him they live to please themselves.

Comment

Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
            Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
            Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth.
            Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
            Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eye salve, that thou mayest see.

Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
            Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
            Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
            Rev 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Many say that this scripture "I will spew thee out of my mouth." is evidence that a Christian can loose their salvation.

Would that mean, being 'cold' will keep one saved?

*Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Heb 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
            Heb 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
            Heb 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Comment

These are not born from above Christians, they are what I call "church players." They play like they are Christians by going to church, tithing, doing things in the name of Christ, but they were never born from above through Christ. They are pretenders, or lukewarm. Cold is the unsaved, Hot is the saved, the Christian pretenders are the lukewarm.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Brown View Post
                These are not born from above Christians, they are what I call "church players." They play like they are Christians by going to church, tithing, doing things in the name of Christ, but they were never born from above through Christ. They are pretenders, or lukewarm. Cold is the unsaved, Hot is the saved, the Christian pretenders are the lukewarm.
                So, how can they be spewed out, if they are not in Christ?

Comment

Originally posted by partaker of Christ View Post
                  So, how can they be spewed out, if they are not in Christ?
                  They "pretend" to be in Christ. The Gnostics were the 1st century Church pretenders who claimed to be Christians, and they even wrote their own scriptures on Christ, and ever since them, there have been religious groups who claim to be in Christ, while deceiving the masses. They have a form of Godliness, but they don't have the power of the Holy Spirit, because they are not born from above. They claim Christ, but don't have Christ. They are lukewarm.

Comment

They "pretend" to be in Christ. The Gnostics were the 1st century Church pretenders who claimed to be Christians, and they even wrote their own scriptures on Christ, and ever since them, there have been religious groups who claim to be in Christ, while deceiving the masses. They have a form of Godliness, but they don't have the power of the Holy Spirit, because they are not born from above. They claim Christ, but don't have Christ. They are lukewarm.
                    Then, will Jesus Christ just 'pretend' to spew them out?

Comment

Lukewarm in the Greek is "chliaros" which means tepid. In metaph. form, the condition of the soul wretchedly fluctuating between dormancy and a passion of love.

So, a pretender in Christ. Claims to love through the Holy Spirit, but is empty inside in reality.

Comment

Lukewarm in the Greek is "chliaros" which means tepid. In metaph. form, the condition of the soul wretchedly fluctuating between dormancy and a passion of love.

So, a pretender in Christ. Claims to love through the Holy Spirit, but is empty inside in reality.
                        I know what lukewarm means, but you did not answer the question I asked.

"will Jesus Christ just 'pretend' to spew them out?"

Comment

(Titus 1:16 KJV) They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

(James 2:20 KJV) But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

(Luke 6:44 KJV) For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

The evidence that was lacking in the works being judged was the presence of faith. They were trusting in their riches instead of in Christ. And we see that Christ was not even among them. The only fruit that will last until eternal life is that wrought by the Spirit of God. And that is why their works were neither hot or cold nor able to bring the true refreshment and comfort of the Spirit to those whom they served. Money has no profit to offer for eternal life.
                          Robin

Truth is so obscure in these times and falsehood so established that, unless one loves the truth, he cannot know it. - Blaise Pascal
                          And Jesus saith unto him [Thomas], I am the way the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - John 14:6
                          Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford
                          Those who compromise with Christís enemies may be reckoned with them. - C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by partaker of Christ View Post

"will Jesus Christ just 'pretend' to spew them out?"
                            Of course he will not pretend to spew them out, he will spew them out. I never said he wouldn't spew them out? Where did you get this idea? Church players were never saved. They don't have the Holy Spirit, so they can't be part of the bride of Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by Mograce2U View Post
                              (Titus 1:16 KJV) They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

(James 2:20 KJV) But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

(Luke 6:44 KJV) For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

The evidence that was lacking in the works being judged was the presence of faith. They were trusting in their riches instead of in Christ. And we see that Christ was not even among them. The only fruit that will last until eternal life is that wrought by the Spirit of God. And that is why their works were neither hot or cold nor able to bring the true refreshment and comfort of the Spirit to those whom they served. Money has no profit to offer for eternal life.
                              Exactly.

Lukewarm church players. Never saved, but claim to be saved by their legalistic church games.

Comment

Working...
                              X