Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a Christian go to hell?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can a Christian go to hell?

    Kinda stupid question but is it possible for a christian to go to hell?What if a christian accidently sins then died seconds later will he/she go to Hell?

  • #2
    IMHO. If it is possible for a Christian to go to hell it would be because they continully hardened their heart to the point where they rejected Christ and ultimately died in that rejection.
    Your question "What if a christian accidently sins then died seconds later will he/she go to Hell?" Our sins as christians do not send us to hell otherwise no christian would be saved. After all what Christian perfectly loves God with all their heart mind, soul and strength...and their neighbor as theirselves...all the time? Our hearts may become hardened through the deceitfulness of sin over time to the point where we end up denying Christ. This is why it is important to not justify our sins before God but rather confess them and receive His Blood washed forgiveness.
    ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

    Comment


    • #3
      Romans 8:28, in fact read all of chapter 8

      Comment


      • #4
        If they cease to be a Christian they can.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by crossnote View Post
          IMHO. If it is possible for a Christian to go to hell it would be because they continully hardened their heart to the point where they rejected Christ and ultimately died in that rejection.
          Your question "What if a christian accidently sins then died seconds later will he/she go to Hell?" Our sins as christians do not send us to hell otherwise no christian would be saved. After all what Christian perfectly loves God with all their heart mind, soul and strength...and their neighbor as theirselves...all the time? Our hearts may become hardened through the deceitfulness of sin over time to the point where we end up denying Christ. This is why it is important to not justify our sins before God but rather confess them and receive His Blood washed forgiveness.
          Good words, crossnote. And I agree with dworthington, too. In fact, my pastor has told us to read Romans 8 and Ephesians 2 every day. It sure gives me encouragement.

          God Bless.
          "I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High." Psalm 9:2

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by godsgirl View Post
            If they cease to be a Christian they can.
            But will God ever permit one of His true shep to perish?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Marc2x View Post
              Kinda stupid question but is it possible for a christian to go to hell?What if a christian accidently sins then died seconds later will he/she go to Hell?
              Jhon 10:
              27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. 30I and my Father are one.

              Comment


              • #8
                excert from "Ten shekels and a shirt" by Paris Reidhead

                Why should a sinner repent?

                BECAUSE GOD DESERVES THE OBEDIENCE AND LOVE THAT HE'S REFUSED TO GIVE HIM! Not so that he'll go to heaven.

                If the only reason he repents is so that he'll go to heaven, it's nothing but trying to make a deal or a bargain with God.

                WHY SHOULD A SINNER GIVE UP ALL HIS SINS? WHY SHOULD HE BE CHALLENGED TO DO IT? WHY SHOULD HE MAKE RESTITUTION WHEN HE'S COMING TO CHRIST? BECAUSE GOD DESERVES THE OBEDIENCE THAT HE DEMANDS !!!

                I have talked with people that have no assurance that sins are forgiven. They want to feel safe, before they're willing to commit themselves to Christ. But I believe that the only ones whom God actually witnesses by His Spirit and are born of Him, are the people, whether they say it or not, that come to Jesus Christ and say something like this, "Lord Jesus, I'm going to obey you, and love you, and serve you, and do what you want me to do, as long as I live even if I go to Hell at the end of the road, simply because YOU ARE WORTHY TO BE LOVED, AND OBEYED, AND SERVED, and I'm not trying to make a deal with you!" Do you see the difference? Do you see the difference? Between a Levite serving for ten shekels and a shirt or a Micah
                building a chapel because God will do you good AND someone that repents for the glory of God.

                Paris Reidhead.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Marc2x View Post
                  Kinda stupid question but is it possible for a christian to go to hell?What if a christian accidently sins then died seconds later will he/she go to Hell?
                  This will turn into a OSAS/NOSAS argument.

                  When you asked Jesus to forgive you of your sins, did you only get forgiveness for the sins you committed up to that point, or for all the sins of your entire life?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Marc2x View Post
                    Kinda stupid question but is it possible for a christian to go to hell?What if a christian accidently sins then died seconds later will he/she go to Hell?
                    simple answer?

                    NO!
                    Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.
                    C. S. Lewis

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If the question you're really asking is, "Could I go to hell?", the answer is, if you believe in Jesus, then absolutely NO.

                      His death paid for all your sins, even the ones you forget to confess. His love is that big. He loves you and wants you to be with him forever.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Marc2x View Post
                        Kinda stupid question but is it possible for a christian to go to hell?What if a christian accidently sins then died seconds later will he/she go to Hell?

                        Depends on your theological paradigm. FOr me personally, the answer is yes but many will disagree because they disagree with my theological paradigm.

                        The traditional Christian position is this: at baptism a person becomes a CHristian and enters into God's New Covenant. That person, by his/herown free will can accept or reject God' grace throughout his/her life. If he stays within the state of grace, he is saved. If he rejects grace and embraces sin, he is comdemned. He is a Christian that has become apostate.

                        In answer to your second question, God looks at the heart and a sin does not make one hell bound. What takes someone out of the state of grace is embracing the sin and rejecting grace.
                        “What Scripture doth plainly deliver, to that first place both of credit and obedience is due; the next whereunto is whatsoever any man can necessarily conclude by force of reason; after these the voice of the Church succeedeth. That which the Church by her ecclesiastical authority shall probably think and define to be true or good, must in congruity of reason over-rule all other inferior judgments whatsoever” ( Laws, Book V, 8:2; Folger Edition 2:39,8-14).

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by seamus414 View Post
                          The traditional Christian position is this: at baptism a person becomes a CHristian and enters into God's New Covenant.
                          That isn't the traditional Christian position - that's RCC doctrine - not believed on this Forum, which is Protestant.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by 9Marksfan View Post
                            That isn't the traditional Christian position - that's RCC doctrine - not believed on this Forum, which is Protestant.


                            You are so right. Baptism never saved anyone.

                            God Bless.
                            "I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High." Psalm 9:2

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Sold Out View Post
                              This will turn into a OSAS/NOSAS argument.

                              When you asked Jesus to forgive you of your sins, did you only get forgiveness for the sins you committed up to that point, or for all the sins of your entire life?

                              Well, that question can be answered simply. When Jesus was hanging on the cross, how many sins had you committed? Answer: None. Christ died for all our sins - past, present AND future.

                              God Bless.
                              "I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High." Psalm 9:2

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X