Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion How do We Respond in Salvation?

What part of our being responds to God's love for salvation to be receive? Salvation is a work of God, but how do we respond in our trusting?

Will
    Emotions
    Intellect
    All of the above
    Neither

When God invites into His Kingdom and relationship with Yeshua, what aspect of our person is responsible for responding for salvation to be properly received?
    Intellect
    16.67%
    Emotions
    0.00%
    Will
    8.33%
    Neither
    25.00%
    All of the Above
    41.67%
    I do not know
    8.33%
    Edify the brethren, love the brethren, and forgive the brethren until I have nothing left.

www.woc-church.org

That's dangerous wording to say that salvation is a "work" on our part.

As far as what part of us responds, I would say that all 3 could play a part.

Comment

Salvation is a work of God, is it not? It's a gift from God (Ephesians 2:8).
      sigpic

Comment

Which leg causes one to stand?

Comment

Originally posted by cloudburst View Post
          That's dangerous wording to say that salvation is a "work" on our part.

As far as what part of us responds, I would say that all 3 could play a part.
          Thanks for the correction, that was some bad wording.
          Edify the brethren, love the brethren, and forgive the brethren until I have nothing left.

www.woc-church.org

Comment

I like to go to John 3:16 for this one. Whosoever "believeth" shall not perish, but have eternal life.

In John 3:16 "believeth" in the Greek is "pisteuo". Pisteuo means: To believe to be true, to be persuaded to be true, to place confidence in.

Looks mostly like intellect to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Brown View Post
              I like to go to John 3:16 for this one. Whosoever "believeth" shall not perish, but have eternal life.

In John 3:16 "believeth" in the Greek is "pisteuo". Pisteuo means: To believe to be true, to be persuaded to be true, to place confidence in.

Looks mostly like intellect to me.
              But we're told (esp in Jn 2:11) that we need to believe INTO Christ - it is an act of the will - the entire person - and once effectually called by the Spirit with the eyes of our understanding opened to the glory of Christ, how can we NOT have our emotions involved as well?!?

Comment

Originally posted by BrckBrln View Post
                Salvation is a work of God, is it not? It's a gift from God (Ephesians 2:8).
                A gift from God received by putting our faith in Christ (whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life).

Comment

Originally posted by manichunter View Post
                  What part of our being responds to God's love for salvation to be receive? Salvation is a work of God, but how do we respond in our trusting?

Will
                  Emotions
                  Intellect
                  All of the above
                  Neither

When God invites into His Kingdom and relationship with Yeshua, what aspect of our person is responsible for responding for salvation to be properly received?
                  Good question manic. This is so hard man. I think it has to do with all of the above on some level. I myself have always been more of an emotional minded person, thus my response is always first emotional..and then later on in my walk it becomes more intellectual and the questions start coming into play. By the way I like the pic man.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend of I AM View Post
                    Good question manic. This is so hard man. I think it has to do with all of the above on some level. I myself have always been more of an emotional minded person, thus my response is always first emotional..and then later on in my walk it becomes more intellectual and the questions start coming into play. By the way I like the pic man.
                    I like to quiz myself with questions all the time, then I pose them to others. I thought I would follow another persons example (BrotherMark). I felt like getting personal............

www.woc-church.org

Comment

Will
                      Emotions
                      Intellect
                      All of the above
                      Neither

I picked all of the above. When we hear the Gospel it goes to our intellect and Emotions, sometimes it may take a while sometimes not. Then as God calls us our will becomes His Will.

Comment

This question is for any who have answered the first question manic gave..would you say that you're more of an emotionally minded or rational minded thinker when it comes to responding to God on a whole?

Comment

Originally posted by Friend of I AM View Post
                          This question is for any who have answered the first question manic gave..would you say that you're more of an emotionally minded or rational minded thinker when it comes to responding to God on a whole?
                          Rational for me. Emotions lie.

Comment

Will
                            Emotions
                            Intellect
                            All of the above
                            Neither

I don't think just one or all of these are mutually exclusive. I've seen people come to Christ with absolutely no emotion whatsoever...a complete leap of faith. Others cried their eyes out. If I had to pinpoint one, I would say intellect, because a person must have the mental capacity to understand salvation. This would apply in the case of young children or mentally disabled persons.

Comment

Originally posted by Sold Out View Post
                              If I had to pinpoint one, I would say intellect, because a person must have the mental capacity to understand salvation. This would apply in the case of young children or mentally disabled persons.
                              Exactly. The age of accountability. And again, "pistueo" faith in the Greek has nothing to do with emotions. It's all about mental capacity.

Comment

Working...
                              X