Baptism in the Millennium ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baptism in the Millennium ?

The baptism of Matt 28 and Mark 16, will evident in the 7 yr Tribulation, for those who are pre-TRI. Will there be water baptism in the 1000 yrs or no water baptism ?

Originally posted by dan p View Post
    The baptism of Matt 28 and Mark 16, will evident in the 7 yr Tribulation, for those who are pre-TRI. Will there be water baptism in the 1000 yrs or no water baptism ?
    That's a good question... I guess..., but why would you care if there was or not. In the millenium, folks won't be saved through faith since "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the EVIDENCE OF THINGS NOT SEEN." (Hebrews 11:1) Jesus will be ruling from Jerusalem visibly and will visibly rule with a rod of iron, so obviously FAITH won't be a factor. Water baptism might be, but I don't know.

Comment

The millennium is now. Baptism is now.

Mt 28:
      All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
      19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry4America View Post
        That's a good question... I guess..., but why would you care if there was or not. In the millenium, folks won't be saved through faith since "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the EVIDENCE OF THINGS NOT SEEN." (Hebrews 11:1) Jesus will be ruling from Jerusalem visibly and will visibly rule with a rod of iron, so obviously FAITH won't be a factor. Water baptism might be, but I don't know.
        Exactly.

After the millenium, Satan is set free, and the only people who will be saved, are those who do not follow Satan in the final battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Instrument
          This is your reading, but Zechariah no spoke of one thousand-year reign.
          He didn't have to, others did. Secondly, in light of your belief that we are NOW in the millenium, tell me, HOW LONG HAS CHRIST been ruling this world with a rod of iron?

In the only part in the Bible that is spoken is in Revelation chapter 20, and this is a book highly symbolic and therefore should be read in light of the texts narrrativos.

Blessings.
          Sure, I hear you... I guess... so tell me, when have you had a chance to witness the peace spoken of in regards to nations putting away their swords and taking in plowshares? When did the Lord come down and destroy his enemies with his saints behind him? What year have you visited Jerusalem for your pilgrimage so that God WOULD let it rain where you live? Just curious?

Comment

He didn't have to, others did. Secondly, in light of your belief that we are NOW in the millenium, tell me, HOW LONG HAS CHRIST been ruling this world with a rod of iron?

Sure, I hear you... I guess... so tell me, when have you had a chance to witness the peace spoken of in regards to nations putting away their swords and taking in plowshares? When did the Lord come down and destroy his enemies with his saints behind him? What year have you visited Jerusalem for your pilgrimage so that God WOULD let it rain where you live? Just curious?

Please put here biblical quotations which you are referring to give them a historical reading.

The issue with dispensacionalismo is that everything futurizan and do not see that the coming of Christ was fulfilling the prophecies of the OT with regard to the promise of a Redeemer.

Comment

Originally posted by Instrument View Post
              Please put here biblical quotations which you are referring to give them a historical reading.
              Verses on prophecy don't HAVE an historical application. Lets look at Zechariah for a minute. Chapter 14:16 says, "And it shall come to pass, that every one that is LEFT of ALL the nations which CAME UP AGAINST Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles." The verses preceding it tell of a kingdom set up AFTER CHRIST has destroyed his enemies. Verse 9 of the same chapter says that the LORD shall be KING over all the earth.

Now, the feast of tabernacles mentioned in verse 16 falls on our calendar around September 20-23. So, in a month, we will both find out if we really are in the millenium. Of course, I don't really need to see that because just by reading the Bible we can be sure we are not. For instance, Zechariah 13:3 says that if anybody prophecies in that day or tries to give anybody the gospel that they will be killed, because there is no need for it since Christ is right there for us to see.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerW
                Christ is on His throne NOW, and ruling from heaven!

Many Blessings,
                RW
                According to scripture, Christ is at the right hand of the father making intersession for the Saints.

Christ is not on his throne right now, the Father is on his throne, and Christ is at his right hand. However, after Christ returns to destroy his enemies in Revelation 19, Christ will have a throne on Earth to sit on for 1000 years, and he will rule it with an iron rod over the nations. Then after the 1000 year reign, Satan will be set free one last time to make war against Christ, and when Satan is easily defeated, he will be cast into the Lake of Fire forever. Then the New Heaven, New Earth, and New Jerusalem will come down out of Heaven from God, for Christ and his bride to reign over for all of eternity. You can read all about it in Revelation chapters 19-22.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerW
                  You are being very rude and sarcastic! I agree with Instrument, and so does everyone who embraces amil. Christ is on His throne NOW, and ruling from heaven!

Since it appears you don't know what amil teaches, then you might want to do a little research before condemning those holding to a doctrine you apparently don't understand.

Many Blessings,
                  RW
                  As Ron Brown said, the Father is on the throne, not Christ! Second, I do know what Amillenialists teach. I have studied up on them for a very long time and find that their misunderstanding between the kingdom of heaven and the kingdom of God makes them understand Christ to be RULING right now, but right now, he only reigns in the hearts of believers over the kingdom of God, not the physical kingdom of heaven. Third, I am not CONDEMNING anybody. I am sure you know the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Savior- I just enjoy pointing out how hilarious it can be when people fallaciously approach scripture and come out with the inability to read it LITERALLY!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Brown View Post
                    According to scripture, Christ is at the right hand of the father making intersession for the Saints.

Christ is not on his throne right now, the Father is on his throne, and Christ is at his right hand. However, after Christ returns to destroy his enemies in Revelation 19, Christ will have a throne on Earth to sit on for 1000 years, and he will rule it with an iron rod over the nations. Then after the 1000 year reign, Satan will be set free one last time to make war against Christ, and when Satan is easily defeated, he will be cast into the Lake of Fire forever. Then the New Heaven, New Earth, and New Jerusalem will come down out of Heaven from God, for Christ and his bride to reign over for all of eternity. You can read all about it in Revelation chapters 19-22.
                    Greetings Ron,

According to Scripture Christ was raised to sit on His throne when He was bodily resurrected.

Ac 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
                    Ac 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
                    Ac 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Many Blessings,
                    RW

Comment

As Ron Brown said, the Father is on the throne, not Christ!
                      The Scripture says that Christ is in the Throne. Note:

21To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
                      The King James Version
                      , (Cambridge: Cambridge) 1769.

Comment

As Ron Brown said, the Father is on the throne, not Christ! Second, I do know what Amillenialists teach. I have studied up on them for a very long time and find that their misunderstanding between the kingdom of heaven and the kingdom of God makes them understand Christ to be RULING right now, but right now, he only reigns in the hearts of believers over the kingdom of God, not the physical kingdom of heaven. Third, I am not CONDEMNING anybody. I am sure you know the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Savior- I just enjoy pointing out how hilarious it can be when people fallaciously approach scripture and come out with the inability to read it LITERALLY!
                        Again, since you admit you do not know what amil teaches, I caution you to be careful in assuming it to be hilarious, and fallacious. Remember the warnings in Scripture, you've called me a brother, but you imply I am a fool!

Mt 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

These doctrines ought to be examined without character assasination of our brothers in Christ.

Many Blessings,
                        RW

Comment

Originally posted by Instrument View Post
                          The Scripture says that Christ is in the Throne. Note:

21To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
                          The King James Version
                          , (Cambridge: Cambridge) 1769.
                          This is part of Revelation 3:21 you are quoting.

In this passage, Christ says "am set down with my Father "in" his throne.

"In" is a primary preposition, denoting a fixed position, and in the Greek it means "with", i.e. a relation of rest.

It's not talking about Christ's throne, it's talking about the Father's throne.

Comment

Baptism in the Millennium ?

I see that Isreal is a Kingdom of Priests in the Kingdom or the 1000 year reign of Christ , 1 Peter 2 :9. Matt 24 has the standard for entering the Kingdom ( Matt 24:13,14 ) . Why have Baptism when Christ is sitting on David's Throne and ruling with a rod of IRON. Some have already mention what happens IF the Nations do not come to worship once a year, NO rain and than the plague the second year. And we see a resurrection of Old Testament saints, like Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob will be in the Kingdom of Heaven or the 1000 years per Matt 8:11 and if it does not happen in the Millennium , when does it HAPPEN ?

Comment

I see that Isreal is a Kingdom of Priests in the Kingdom or the 1000 year reign of Christ , 1 Peter 2 :9. Matt 24 has the standard for entering the Kingdom ( Matt 24:13,14 ) . Why have Baptism when Christ is sitting on David's Throne and ruling with a rod of IRON. Some have already mention what happens IF the Nations do not come to worship once a year, NO rain and than the plague the second year. And we see a resurrection of Old Testament saints, like Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob will be in the Kingdom of Heaven or the 1000 years per Matt 8:11 and if it does not happen in the Millennium , when does it HAPPEN ?
                              Only there will be a general resurrection, both fair and unfair. Look here:

John 5:
                              28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29And shall come forth; that they have done good, unto the resurrection of life, and they that have done evil, unto The resurrection of damnation.

Comment

Working...
                              X