Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Conservatives posting here?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Discussion Any Conservatives posting here?

    In evangelicalism I am as conservative as they get. I have noticed many of the posters here are either moderate/liberal evangelical or charismatic. Fundamentalists generally do not hang out in boards like this one, but I have to wonder if there are any conservative evangelicals posting here. Are there?

    Those that believe women can be pastors, teach men, or hold spiritual authority over a man, are not conservatives. Those who endorse the Emerging Church movement, or Rick Warren's Purpose Driven model, or those who pastor/attend/serve in user friendly seeker friendly churches are not conservative.

    For this crowd I strongly encourage you to read John MacArthurs books, especially these two.

    Ashamed of the Gospel-When the Church Becomes like the World
    Hard to Believe

    MacArthur is no Fundamentalist but me and him agree 90% on most issues.

    Jerry Falwell (jr.) (Liberty University) is also another conservative evangelical. He also is no Fundamentalist, but is conservative.

  • #2
    I consider myself conservative, but when Acts 2:17 says that in the last days your sons and DAUGHTERS shall preach(prophesy not pastor), what are we to make of this? Acts 2:17 says that daughters can preach in the last days.

    Comment


    • #3
      Oh, you're only conservative if you believe women can't pastor? Well then, I'm a Neo-Orthodox Barthinian follower of The Gospel of Jesus Christ as told by Doug Pagitt (with foreward by Rick Warren and emergent church leaders)

      But on a serious note. I was conservative until I read the first post

      Comment


      • #4
        I would be considered a conservative.

        Sorry brother X'el, But I don't think women can (scripturally) pastor

        (Just had ta pull yer chain a little bit )

        Ummm....Who's Rick Warren???
        Ιησούς Χριστός ο κυριος μου και ο θεος μου



        ****When the Lord opens a door, don't walk through it....run full speed; if it's the wrong one He'll let ya know...sometimes He just wants to see if you'll move at all!****


        A Minister of God Ministry - Support and understanding for a Christian serving in the military

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by poochie View Post
          In evangelicalism I am as conservative as they get. I have noticed many of the posters here are either moderate/liberal evangelical or charismatic. Fundamentalists generally do not hang out in boards like this one, but I have to wonder if there are any conservative evangelicals posting here. Are there?

          Those that believe women can be pastors, teach men, or hold spiritual authority over a man, are not conservatives. Those who endorse the Emerging Church movement, or Rick Warren's Purpose Driven model, or those who pastor/attend/serve in user friendly seeker friendly churches are not conservative.

          For this crowd I strongly encourage you to read John MacArthurs books, especially these two.

          Ashamed of the Gospel-When the Church Becomes like the World
          Hard to Believe

          MacArthur is no Fundamentalist but me and him agree 90% on most issues.

          Jerry Falwell (jr.) (Liberty University) is also another conservative evangelical. He also is no Fundamentalist, but is conservative.
          I'm not sure about this definition of "conservative," though I think you mean it in the sense of fundamentalism and moral issues. Much of the above could also be classified as "reformed," as part of "reformed theology" which also goes deeper into theological issues, affirming Calvinist "doctrines of grace" teachings rather than the weak, Arminian man-centered Christianity of most churches today.

          I am of that group of "reformed" (conservatives), as one who enjoys and pretty much agrees with John MacArthur. (I've only read a few of his books; "Our Sufficiency in Christ" is excellent; I've also read or listened to many of his sermons.) He is part of the "Reformed" group -- including similar pastors such as R.C. Sproul, John Piper and Al Mohler. These and others in the "Reformed Theology" group agree about the errors in modern day churches -- the entertainment, the Rick Warren emerging church stuff and the feminist liberal agenda.

          Comment


          • #6
            I don't wear pants. Depending on my gender, that would put me either to the right side or the left side of conservative.

            My Blog

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mcgyver View Post
              I would be considered a conservative.

              Sorry brother X'el, But I don't think women can (scripturally) pastor

              (Just had ta pull yer chain a little bit )

              Ummm....Who's Rick Warren???
              Rick Warren is the senior pastor of Saddle Back Church. Author of The Purpose Driven Life / Church (among many other books). Very famous inside 'seeker sensitive' circles. Up their with Bill Hybels.

              Pull my chain you did! But let's leave that for another thread. Maybe one day I'll get the courage to venture into one of those 'debates'.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Xel'Naga View Post
                Rick Warren is the senior pastor of Saddle Back Church. Author of The Purpose Driven Life / Church (among many other books). Very famous inside 'seeker sensitive' circles. Up their with Bill Hybels.

                Pull my chain you did! But let's leave that for another thread. Maybe one day I'll get the courage to venture into one of those 'debates'.


                I was one of the first Southern Baptist "heretics"....Having never been enamored of RW or BH...and going so far as (gasp) refusing to buy anything with "40 days" or "purpose" in the title for the church...and even making my feelings known (gasp again) to my fellow pastors!

                Seriously though, most of the pastors in our association have since seen through this mess...Thank God!
                Ιησούς Χριστός ο κυριος μου και ο θεος μου



                ****When the Lord opens a door, don't walk through it....run full speed; if it's the wrong one He'll let ya know...sometimes He just wants to see if you'll move at all!****


                A Minister of God Ministry - Support and understanding for a Christian serving in the military

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mcgyver View Post


                  I was one of the first Southern Baptist "heretics"....Having never been enamored of RW or BH...and going so far as (gasp) refusing to buy anything with "40 days" or "purpose" in the title for the church...and even making my feelings known (gasp again) to my fellow pastors!

                  Seriously though, most of the pastors in our association have since seen through this mess...Thank God!
                  My church is unfortunately still in this craze. For the past few years now I've been told not to throw the baby out with the bathwater - yeesh! I own the majority of books written by both men (RW and BH) and... Scary. There are a few good things in them, but it's the other stuff that makes me cringe.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm very conservative. Both theologically and politically.

                    I see how the liberal influence is starting to rot the church from the inside out. It's really sad that people like Rick Warren and Joel Osteen have become the face of Christianity in this country. Joel Osteen won't even declare Jesus is the only way to salvation and he pastor's the largest Christian church in this country!

                    Universalism, because it "feels good" and is politically correct, is starting to become an influence in our churches and is leading people straight to hell.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm a Christian.

                      Sorry you guys are following a bunch of fallible men.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by poochie View Post
                        For this crowd I strongly encourage you to read John MacArthurs books, especially these two.

                        Ashamed of the Gospel-When the Church Becomes like the World
                        Hard to Believe
                        .
                        Wasn't MacArthur a Calvinist?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Just wondering---how would we classify Jesus in all this?
                          Phl 4:11 Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by poochie View Post
                            In evangelicalism I am as conservative as they get. I have noticed many of the posters here are either moderate/liberal evangelical or charismatic. Fundamentalists generally do not hang out in boards like this one, but I have to wonder if there are any conservative evangelicals posting here. Are there?

                            Those that believe women can be pastors, teach men, or hold spiritual authority over a man, are not conservatives. Those who endorse the Emerging Church movement, or Rick Warren's Purpose Driven model, or those who pastor/attend/serve in user friendly seeker friendly churches are not conservative.

                            For this crowd I strongly encourage you to read John MacArthurs books, especially these two.

                            Ashamed of the Gospel-When the Church Becomes like the World
                            Hard to Believe

                            MacArthur is no Fundamentalist but me and him agree 90% on most issues.

                            Jerry Falwell (jr.) (Liberty University) is also another conservative evangelical. He also is no Fundamentalist, but is conservative.
                            I consider myself a conservative person and really like to hold to traditional Christian values that Jesus Christ preached. I am a fundamentalist is this respect and certainly believe that it is terrible liberalism to add to or take away from the original message of God. One thing that has been difficult for me to follow is the Bible standard that I must live up to in order to maintain my conservative position on the teaching of Christ and the Bible. I am being conservative when agreeing with Paul who said: Ti:3:2: To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

                            Why is this standard so difficult to live up to? It is because I have a high opinion of my opinions. Sometimes it is a great temptation to think that my ideas on what the Bible teaches makes me a better judge than the rest of you. In Mark 9 Christ puts John in a correct frame of mind, who had a similar opinion of his ideas as I sometimes have of mine, when he says:

                            38: And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.
                            39: But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
                            40: For he that is not against us is on our part.

                            Some people are not careful what they say about people, who are actually on Christ's side, just because they do not share their opinions. You think you are qualified sometimes to say who is a man (woman) of God but some forget that Christ is the person that really knows the heart of others.

                            True conservative preaching is actually worrying about preaching the Gospel yourself and not worrying about those who differ with you. I find no fault with people who preach Jesus Christ and I suggest this is the Christian conservative position that some people refuse to accept here.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Why...

                              Originally posted by SIG View Post
                              Just wondering---how would we classify Jesus in all this?
                              ...He would be the ultimate conservative, of course. Knowing His own mind, He understands that everything that's in the Bible is important. He leaves picking and choosing which verses to follow to the emotionally misguided conscience's of humans.
                              JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
                              JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X