Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's laws and ways do you seek, World's falsehood or God's truth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's laws and ways do you seek, World's falsehood or God's truth?

Why do people not have the fear of God in them? Ignorance, people for get that God is a consuming fire that does not ask his people to obey, but commands his people to obey! Many people think that obedience and taking heed to Godís words is an option. Hosea 4:6) My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge, because thou has rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shall be no priests to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children)) People neglect the law of God and instead turn to the lawís and standards of man, the way of death. The bible holds the key to obedience. With out reading the bible, your foundation is on sand. Not reading the bible, worldliness, and pride are a lukewarm Christianís problems. Worldly pleasure hinders Godís people from truly reaching out to him. Failure to be separate acts as a snare upon the soul! The pleasures of this world are temporal and will fade away as the dust. And yet Godís people partake in worldly pleasures neglecting Godís word, making them slothful in spirit, having a spirit of slumber falling further away from God. Godís word will last forever, therefore learn it, study it because the memories of worldly pleasure can not strengthen the spirit, nor save your soul. Act on your faith, not just have it! Stay prayerful and watch.

Originally posted by copper25 View Post
    Why do people not have the fear of God in them? Ignorance, people for get that God is a consuming fire that does not ask his people to obey, but commands his people to obey! Many people think that obedience and taking heed to Godís words is an option. Hosea 4:6) My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge, because thou has rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shall be no priests to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children)) People neglect the law of God and instead turn to the lawís and standards of man, the way of death. The bible holds the key to obedience. With out reading the bible, your foundation is on sand. Not reading the bible, worldliness, and pride are a lukewarm Christianís problems. Worldly pleasure hinders Godís people from truly reaching out to him. Failure to be separate acts as a snare upon the soul! The pleasures of this world are temporal and will fade away as the dust. And yet Godís people partake in worldly pleasures neglecting Godís word, making them slothful in spirit, having a spirit of slumber falling further away from God. Godís word will last forever, therefore learn it, study it because the memories of worldly pleasure can not strengthen the spirit, nor save your soul. Act on your faith, not just have it! Stay prayerful and watch.
    When you speak of the law, are you speaking of the Mosaic law or the law of Christ?

Firstfruits

Comment

Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post
      When you speak of the law, are you speaking of the Mosaic law or the law of Christ?

Firstfruits
      My understanding of what copper25 is saying is:
      (Gods word found in the bible, as law) this would include Mosaic law's', the teaching's' of Christ and 'all' of the prophet's'.

Study it, learn it, and discipline your life from it... this is what renews and transforms one into the likeness of Christ Jesus.
      If one studies it, I mean really feeds on it daily and desires more and more, that one will know and understand how to divide Gods word so there is no confusion how God relates to man through grace and law, and see the mysteries that are revealed spiritually.... and grow from glory to glory into the likeness of Christ Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by walked View Post
        (Gods word found in the bible, as law) this would include Mosaic law's', the teaching's' of Christ and 'all' of the prophet's'.

Study it, learn it, and discipline your life from it... this is what renews and transforms one into the likeness of Christ Jesus.
        If one studies it, I mean really feeds on it daily and desires more and more, that one will know and understand how to divide Gods word so there is no confusion how God relates to man through grace and law, and see the mysteries that are revealed spiritually.... and grow from glory to glory into the likeness of Christ Jesus
        Thanks Walked,

God bless you,

Firstfruits

Comment

Originally posted by walked View Post

I see the wisdom picked up in your spiritual vacation. Maybe I need one for myself as well. I think I will take one to prepare for my current seminary class. I am teaching the offering system for one my classes. I want to get as much out of it as I can for myself and students.
          Edify the brethren, love the brethren, and forgive the brethren until I have nothing left.

www.woc-church.org

Comment

Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post

Firstfruits

I would say the Law that Messiah spoke at Sinai and upheld in the Gospels.

Comment

Originally posted by Emanate View Post
              I would say the Law that Messiah spoke at Sinai and upheld in the Gospels.
              Why did the the leaders of the Jewish religion not accept the word that came straight from God?

Jn 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

Jn 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Jn 18:19 The high priest then asked Jesus of his disciples, and of his doctrine.

Jn 7:19 Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

The same is true today, through the word we know what is the doctrine of Christ and what is not.

Firstfruits

Comment

Copper25, I'm in total agreement!!! Thank you for stepping up to the plate. Alleluia.
                John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

Comment

In my opinion
                  God does not command anyone to be obedient. He causes it. His Spirit in the believer is what causes obedience. One cannot conform to law to please God, otherwise, Jesus would not be neccassary. One can only allow the Spirit of God into his insides to change him, as the Lord pleases, at the Lords pace. The bible is indeed our only real understanding of God and of Gods ways. It, and His Spirit, are our guarantee that we will not be drawn off corse. But as Paul wrote, the law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ. It is through the loving relationship with Jesus Christ that our lives become conformed. Thank God for His mercy and patiences.

Joh 1:10-13
                  (10) He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
                  (11) He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
                  (12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
                  (13) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Comment

Originally posted by livingword26 View Post
                    In my opinion
                    God does not command anyone to be obedient. He causes it. His Spirit in the believer is what causes obedience. One cannot conform to law to please God, otherwise, Jesus would not be neccassary. One can only allow the Spirit of God into his insides to change him, as the Lord pleases, at the Lords pace. The bible is indeed our only real understanding of God and of Gods ways. It, and His Spirit, are our guarantee that we will not be drawn off corse. But as Paul wrote, the law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ. It is through the loving relationship with Jesus Christ that our lives become conformed. Thank God for His mercy and patiences.

Joh 1:10-13
                    (10) He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
                    (11) He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
                    (12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
                    (13) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Amen !...

Comment

Working...
                    X