Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remove your lampstand from it's place - ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove your lampstand from it's place - ??

Rev 2:Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. 5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent.

So what does the part of scripture that is underlined/bold mean? Please include other supporting scripture that is relevant to the meaning.

Thanks everyone!
    Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

I refer to JOHN 15

and specifically Verse 14

14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

I believe Jesus is saying...if you really love me....repent and truly follow me like you did in the beginning, or you will not come with me when I return to bring you home.

I really don't have any other explanation for that verse. It seems quite explicit and simple to me.

In Christ's Love

Comment

Originally posted by ClayInHisHands View Post
      I refer to JOHN 15

I believe Jesus is saying...if you really love me....repent and truly follow me like you did in the beginning, or you will not come with me when I return to bring you home.

I really don't have any other explanation for that verse. It seems quite explicit and simple to me.

In Christ's Love
      No disrespect intended. I believe your on the right track, just maybe "repent and truly follow my Father..."

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
        Rev 2:Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. 5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent.

So what does the part of scripture that is underlined/bold mean? Please include other supporting scripture that is relevant to the meaning.

Thanks everyone!

Matt 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

5:15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

In my opinion, they have left their first love, who is the Father and must repent and return to their first works which is glorification of their Father per Jesus instruction in Matt 5:14-16.

Hope this helps!

Bless you,
        Love Fountain

Comment

Originally posted by Chaston View Post
          No disrespect intended. I believe your on the right track, just maybe "repent and truly follow my Father..."
          So then, after being repentant what do you mean as "truly" following?
          Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Originally posted by Love Fountain View Post
            Matt 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

5:15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

In my opinion, they have left their first love, who is the Father and must repent and return to their first works which is glorification of their Father per Jesus instruction in Matt 5:14-16.

Hope this helps!

Bless you,
            Love Fountain
            If they don't, then what happens to them?
            Slug1--out

Comment

Originally posted by Chaston View Post
              None taken and you're right, through me - follow My Father.

Comment

If they don't, then what happens to them?
                Hey, are you trying to prove some agenda that might be scripturally sound?

There are gonna be worms crawling all over the place in here.

Comment

I refer to JOHN 15

In Christ's Love
                  The part I underlined... since this statement can have various meanings based on ones theology of the rapture (when)... do you mean "ultimately" such Christians will not be brought to heaven due to not repenting and returning to doing their first works?
                  Slug1--out

Comment

The part I underlined... since this statement can have various meanings based on ones theology of the rapture (when)... do you mean "ultimately" such Christians will not be brought to heaven due to not repenting and returning to doing their first works?
                    I mean ultimately. If they do not return to their first love....then they never truly loved to begin with.

Comment

Hey, are you trying to prove some agenda that might be scripturally sound?

There are gonna be worms crawling all over the place in here.
                      Of course... but don't we all want to receive understanding so if our thought's are wrong, we can see the meaning God intends and not the meaning we want scripture to mean? Believe me, I've been wrong so many times and then a person says something and the light goes on and all the enemy had piled up is washed away and I saw God's truth, not what was taught, not what was indoctrinated in me through religion or a denomination, etc.
                      Slug1--out

Comment

I mean ultimately. If they do not return to their first love....then they never truly loved to begin with.
                        Then why are they being told what they were told, if they never truly loved to begin with? To be corrected by God means you once had done it correct and then stopped.

I just never understood the "they never really..." line of thought. If they never really, then God would never need to give the warning but He does because they obviously "did" once.
                        Slug1--out

Comment

So then, after being repentant what do you mean as "truly" following?
                          The Father is the one and only God and his word came in the form of his Son Jesus.

Comment

Of course... but don't we all want to receive understanding so if our thought's are wrong, we can see the meaning God intends and not the meaning we want scripture to mean? Believe me, I've been wrong so many times and then a person says something and the light goes on and all the enemy had piled up is washed away and I saw God's truth, not what was taught, not what was indoctrinated in me through religion or a denomination, etc.
                            I know, I was just playing.

You are so right.... when you hear/read something and a little part of you thinks ummm...what if "THAT" is truth....but you feel a little torn and uneasy inside and ask God for understanding and then you can literally feel the Holy Spirit telling you....NO! that's not Truth. It feels absolutely magnificent!!

Comment

Thanks everyone!
                              Some parrallel verses...

1 Sam 4:21
                              21 And she called the boy Ichabod, saying, "The glory has departed from Israel," because the ark of God was taken and because of her father-in-law and her husband.
                              NASB

and

Luke 13:33-35
                              34 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, just as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you would not have it! 35 "Behold, your house is left to you desolate; and I say to you, you shall not see Me until the time comes when you say, 'Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!'"
                              NASB

When a church gets so off base, that the Lord pulls his presence back, and writes Ichabod over her door, then she is left to herself desolate as her Lamp has been removed. IMO, this is talking about a church congregation not so much an individual believer.
                              Matt 9:13
                              13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                              NASU

Comment

Working...
                              X