Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Name of Jesus.

Matthew 28: 18-20
    18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

More than one greek word is translated "POWER" IN THE NEW IN THE NEW TESTAMENT. W.E Vine's Explository Dictionary of New Testiment Words shows that the Greek word translated power here isA word translated
    "Authority".

Jesus said, "ALL AUTHORITY is given to me in heaven and earth".
    If we stop reading there we might say, Thank God, Jesus has all the authority in heaven and earth,
    all is up to Him to do every thing, because He has it all. But that is not all Jesus said.

Immediately He authorized the Church to go forth in His name.

[Lets talk about this.] IN JESUS MY LORD. Parsonsmom.

Revelations 1:8 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

From what standpoint do you want the discussion to go? I praise God that all Power is in the hands of my Lord Jesus. Maybe give us a little more to go on.

1st John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

Comment

Originally posted by parsonsmom View Post
      Matthew 28: 18-20
      18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

More than one greek word is translated "POWER" IN THE NEW IN THE NEW TESTAMENT. W.E Vine's Explository Dictionary of New Testiment Words shows that the Greek word translated power here isA word translated
      "Authority".

Jesus said, "ALL AUTHORITY is given to me in heaven and earth".
      If we stop reading there we might say, Thank God, Jesus has all the authority in heaven and earth,
      all is up to Him to do every thing, because He has it all. But that is not all Jesus said.

Immediately He authorized the Church to go forth in His name.

[Lets talk about this.] IN JESUS MY LORD. Parsonsmom.

Revelations 1:8 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
      The principal begins with God's instruction to Moses in Exodus 20.
      Exodus 20:24 An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee.

Jesus began teaching the disciples to ask anything in His name in John 14 after He took His name off the temple in Matt. 23:38. Behold your house is left unto you desolate.

God placed His name on the Temple in 2 Chronicles 6.

Today our authority to do all things in the name of the Lord is in His Body, the local assembly.

God places His name on those who meet the criteria of what constitutes a true Church.

I can go into greater detail if needed.

What do you believe?
      In Christ,
      Dave

Revelations 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Comment

Originally posted by The Parson View Post
        From what standpoint do you want the discussion to go? I praise God that all Power is in the hands of my Lord Jesus. Maybe give us a little more to go on.
        ================================================== =======

Good morning Parson, I'm very glad that all power has been given
        to my LORD and Savior, JESUS CHRIST "THE ANNOINTED ONE" in Heaven and
        earth. Thank God He does.

Matthew 28: 17And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.

GO YE THEREFORE. THEREFORE TO MANY PEOPLE ARE WAITING FOR GOD TO DO OUR
        WORK. IT IS THE JOB OF THE BODY OF CHRIST TO GO INTO THE WORLD,
        BRINGING THE GOOD NEWS TO THE WORLD. HE IS WITH US IN THE POWER AND AUTHORITY OF HIS NAME,
        THIS IS THE SECRET. HIS NAME IS ABOVE EVERY NAME THAT IS NAMED.

(WHAT IS EVERY NAME THAT IS NAMED?)
        Last edited by parsonsmom; Sep 5th 2008, 03:10 AM.

Comment

For some reason I couldn't get the "quote" to work properly so:-
          AiCD said "Today our authority to do all things in the name of the Lord is in His Body, the local assembly."
          Sorry AiCD, I don't agree.
          My authority to act in Christ's Name comes from God because I am Jesus Christ's disciple, and when all Sin is repented of and I am cleansed by the Power of His Blood.

AiCD said "God places His name on those who meet the criteria of what constitutes a true Church."
          His Name is placed on every person trusting Jesus Christ even if they live alone in the middle of a jungle, nowhere near any other Christian.

Each of us are required to share the Love of God through Jesus Christ with others; as He said (Matt. 28:19-20) "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

He and His Name has Power over every person of every faith and none, every spirit, every assembly, and over every section of His Church.

I am only "in Jesus my Lord" when all Sin is repented of, trusting His Blood to cleanse me and enable me to receive the Forgiveness of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Frances View Post
            For some reason I couldn't get the "quote" to work properly so:-
            AiCD said "Today our authority to do all things in the name of the Lord is in His Body, the local assembly."
            Sorry AiCD, I don't agree.
            My authority to act in Christ's Name comes from God because I am Jesus Christ's disciple, and when all Sin is repented of and I am cleansed by the Power of His Blood.
            AiCD said "God places His name on those who meet the criteria of what constitutes a true Church."
            His Name is placed on every person trusting Jesus Christ even if they live alone in the middle of a jungle, nowhere near any other Christian.

Each of us are required to share the Love of God through Jesus Christ with others; as He said (Matt. 28:19-20) "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

He and His Name has Power over every person of every faith and none, every spirit, every assembly, and over every section of His Church.

I am only "in Jesus my Lord" when all Sin is repented of, trusting His Blood to cleanse me and enable me to receive the Forgiveness of God.
            ================================================== =====

Amen Sister Frances. I agree
            He is with us in His Power, and in the authority of His name.
            First find out what has already been done. find out all the Authority
            that is back ofthe Name. know that as God is concerned,and as for as the born again believer is concerned, the rulers of darkness princes of this world are dethroned. JESUS HAS ALREADY DETHRONED THEM, WHEN HE TOOK THE KEYS AWAY FROM satan. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO BE DETHRONED--THEY ARE ALREADY DETHRONED.ALL THE BELIEVERS HAVE
            IS TO USE THE AUTHORITY OF THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS. THEY MUST BOW THEIR KNEE TO THAT NAME. THE WORD IS THE WILL OF GOD. DON'T
            BE AFRAID TO PRAY THE WORD OF GOD BACK TO HIM. IT IS HIS LAST WILL AND TESTIMENT. IN JESUS MY LORD, Parsonsmom

Comment

Originally posted by AliveinChristDave View Post
              Exodus 20:24 An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee.

Jesus began teaching the disciples to ask anything in His name in John 14 after He took His name off the temple in Matt. 23:38. Behold your house is left unto you desolate.

Today our authority to do all things in the name of the Lord is in His Body, the local assembly.

God places His name on those who meet the criteria of what constitutes a true Church.

What do you believe?
              Hi aliveinchrist, is your name Dave?
              I am not sure I understand. yes please do give more detail. IN JESUS MY LORD. Parsonsmom

Comment

Originally posted by parsonsmom View Post
                Hi aliveinchrist, is your name Dave?
                I am not sure I understand. yes please do give more detail. IN JESUS MY LORD. Parsonsmom
                I would also like to hear more.

Firstfruits

Comment

The 12 Apostles were to go out into the region (remember, they had to walk, for the most part) proclaiming that Messiah is here and His earthly Kingdom is about to begin. That's the bottom line.

Acts 8:1

"AND Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church (assembly of Jewish believers) which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria ... except the apostles."

Every believing Jew escaped Jerusalem, except the 12. Seven years after Pentecost the Apostles are still in Jerusalem. Read 28:19. They could have been far from home, traversing the then Roman Empire. Why? They had every confidence that the Messiah Jesus would return in their lifetime to establish the Kingdom on earth, with Jerusalem as its capitol, if the Hebrew Nation, National Israel, the Jewish leadership that hung out at the synagogue, would repent, recognizing Jesus as the promised Messiah. They would wait for his return, AND THEN spread the good news, they and the 70.

Read what the book of Zechariah, Chapter 8, had to say about this:

Zechariah 8:20-23

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts; It shall yet come to pass that there shall come people, and the inhabitants of many cities; and the inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, `Let us go speedily to pray before the LORD, and to seek the LORD of hosts: I will go also. Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the LORD. Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass (when Christ is ruling in Jerusalem) that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, `We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.'" (The "ten men" represent Gentiles!)

This was the promise to God's Chosen, the Jews, the Hebrew Nation, the Nation of Israel. The ministry to the Gentiles would begin when the Hebrews believed --- believed that indeed, Jesus IS the Messiah! The Messianic Kingdom put in motion before the foundation of the world would commence and the 12 plus the 70 would go out into all the known world heralding the Gospel to every living creature, Jew, Gentile, slave, free, Roman, Greek, red, yellow, black, white ---- everyone!!!!!! Jesus said, I will be with you every step of the way, 24/7, even until the end of what? The church age.

National Israel did not repent, observe ritual washing, and acknowledge Jesus as the Christ. Messiah did not establish His Kingdom then and there. The 12 plus the 70 went out to witness, believing right up until the Temple was destroyed that Jesus would return then and there as the Christ. Zip over to Acts 9. Yep, Paul on the Damascus Road. NOW the word would be going forth to every living creature in God's Word!

Amen.
                  Last edited by dispen4ever; Sep 6th 2008, 01:21 AM. Reason: Structure.

Comment

All the power of God has been invested in THE NAME OF JESUS, and Jesus
                    gave His Name to the Church.

Mark 16:
                    13And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them.

14Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.
                    15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
                    16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
                    17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
                    18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
                    19So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. 20And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

And they returned to Jerusalem and told the others, but they did not believe them either. Afterward He appeared to the Eleven apostles themselves as they reclined at table; and He reproved and reproached them for their unbelief their lack of faith and their hardness of heart, because they had refused to believe those who had seen Him and looked at Him attentively after He had risen from death. And He said to them, Go into all the world and preach and publish openly the good news, the Gospel to every creature of the whole human race. He who believes who adheres to and trusts in and relies on the Gospel and Him Whom it sets forth and is baptized will be saved from the penalty of eternal death; but he who does not believe, who does not adhere to and trust in and rely on the Gospel and Him Whom it sets forth will be condemned. And these attesting signs will accompany those who believe: in My name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new languages; They will pick up serpents; and even if they drink anything deadly, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will get well. So then the Lord Jesus, after He had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven and He sat down at the right hand of God.
                    And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord kept working with them and confirming the message by the attesting signs and miracles that closely accompanied it Amen. so be it

COLOSSIONS 2
                    6As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

7Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
                    8Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
                    9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
                    10And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
                    11In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
                    12Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
                    13And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
                    14Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

As you have therefore received Christ, even Jesus the Lord, so walk regulate your lives and conduct yourselves in union with and conformity to Him. Have the roots of your being, firmly and deeply planted in Him, fixed and founded in Him, being continually built up in Him, becoming increasingly more confirmed and established in the faith, just as you were taught, and abounding and overflowing in it with thanksgiving. See to it that no one carries you off as spoil or makes you yourselves captive by his so-called philosophy and intellectualism and vain deceit idle fancies and plain nonsense, following human tradition men's ideas of the material rather than the spiritual world, just crude notions following the rudimentary and elemental teachings of the universe and disregarding the teachings of Christ the Messiah. For in Him the whole fullness of Deity the Godhead continues to dwell in bodily form, giving complete expression of the divine nature. And you are in Him, made full and having come to fullness of life in Christ you too are filled with the Godhead--Father, Son and Holy Spirit--and reach full spiritual stature. And He is the Head of all rule and authority of every angelic principality and power. In Him also you were circumcised with a circumcision not made with hands, but in a spiritual circumcision performed by Christ by stripping off the body of the flesh (the whole corrupt, carnal nature with its passions and lusts. Thus you were circumcised when] you were buried with Him in yourbaptism, in which you were also raised with Him to a new life through your faith in the working of God as displayed when He raised Him up from the dead. And you who were dead in trespasses and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, your sensuality, your sinful carnal nature, God brought to life together with Christ, having freely forgiven us all our transgressions, Having cancelled and blotted out and wiped away the handwriting of the note or bond with its legal decrees and demands which was in force and stood against us hostile to us. This note with its regulations, decrees, and demands He set aside and cleared completely out of our way by nailing it to His cross.
                    God disarmed the principalities and powers that were ranged against us and made a bold display and public example of them, in triumphing over them in Him and in it [the cross]. IN JESUS MY LORD. Parsonsmom.

Comment

parsonsmom, Christ Jesus saves - amen to that! Because we believe on that name in faith He is able to work though us in His Spirit according to His will! Amazing what a heart submitted to Jesus and open to the workings of the Spirit can do!

Reminds me of this:

Matthew 6
                      8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
                      9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
                      10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
                      11 Give us this day our daily bread.
                      12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
                      13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
                      Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
                      Not second or third, but first.
                      Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
                      when He is the source of all hope,
                      when His love is received and freely given,
                      holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
                      will all other things be added unto to you.

Comment

Here is an interesting site (with sounds) on the Hebrew names for God and Jesus.

http://www.revelations.org.za/NotesS-Name.htm

Since the Greek, “Jesus” is a translation, I like to use the un-translated Hebrew, “Yahushua” (phonetic) in my prayers.
                        Of course, most people don’t recognize that name, so I use “Jesus” in public and sometimes the Aramaic, “Yeshua”.

I figure, since the Jews in the time of Jesus spoke Aramaic and not Hebrew, this is probably what everyone called Him. (Yeshua)

As for the name (not the title) of God, I think its pronounced “Yahoveh” (I AM) - but always spelled with the tetra gram, YHWH.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard H View Post
                          Here is an interesting site (with sounds) on the Hebrew names for God and Jesus.

http://www.revelations.org.za/NotesS-Name.htm

Since the Greek, “Jesus” is a translation, I like to use the un-translated Hebrew, “Yahushua” (phonetic) in my prayers.
                          Of course, most people don’t recognize that name, so I use “Jesus” in public and sometimes the Aramaic, “Yeshua”.

I figure, since the Jews in the time of Jesus spoke Aramaic and not Hebrew, this is probably what everyone called Him. (Yeshua)

As for the name (not the title) of God, I think its pronounced “Yahoveh” (I AM) - but always spelled with the tetra gram, YHWH.
                          It is truly amazing that we speak Salvation every time we use his given name as opposed to the English of the Latin of the greek of the hebrew

Comment

threebigrocksparsonsmom, Christ Jesus saves - amen to that
                            Because we believe on that name in faith He is able to work though us in His Spirit according to His will! Amazing what a heart submitted to Jesus and open to the workings of the Spirit can do!
                            ================================

Amen, Thank you .
                            I am wanting to get over what the Father, the Son and The Holy Spirit expects for His Church to take authority over the enemy, the circumstances, and any thing that is not in line with the Word

When Christ assended,He transfured His authority to the Church. He is the Head of the Church, and the believers make up the body.Christ's authority
                            has to be perpetuated through His Body,which is on the earth. Ephesians
                            tells us, Paul uses the human body as an illustration of the Body of Christ.

Christ is seated at the right and of the Father, "The place of authority"
                            and we are seated with Him. We died with Christ, and we were raised with Him. This is not something God is going to do in the future. He has already done it.

Ephesians

13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
                            14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
                            15Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
                            16Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
                            17That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
                            18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
                            19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
                            20Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
                            21Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
                            22And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, 23Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

In Him you also who have heard the Word of Truth, the glad tidings,Gospel of your salvation, and have believed in and adhered to and relied on Him, were stamped with the seal of the long-promised Holy Spirit. That Spirit is the guarantee of our inheritance the firstfruits, the pledge and foretaste, the down payment on our heritage, in anticipation of its full redemption and our acquiring [complete] possession of it--to the praise of His glory.

For this reason, because I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love toward all the saints the people of God, I do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers. For I always pray to
                            the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, that He may grant you a spirit of wisdom and revelation of insight into mysteries and secrets in the deep and intimate knowledge of Him, By having the eyes of your heart flooded with light, so that you can know and understand the hope to which He has called you, and how rich is His glorious inheritance in the saints His set-apart ones, And so that you can know and understand what is the immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of His power in and for us who believe, as demonstrated in the working of His mighty strength, Which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all rule and authority and power and dominion and every name that is named above every title that can be conferred, not only in this age and in this world, but also in the age and the world which are to come. And He has put all things under His feet and has appointed Him the universal and supreme Head of the church, a headship exercise throughout the church, Which is His body, the fullness of Him Who fills all in all, for in that body lives the full measure of Him Who makes everything complete, and Who fills everything everywhere with Himself.

I ESPECIALLY WANT YOU TO ESPECIALLY NOTICE THE 19th VERSE:

And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

IN JESUS MY LORD. Parsonsmom
                            Last edited by parsonsmom; Sep 10th 2008, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Re: The Name of Jesus.

Originally posted by AliveinChristDave View Post

What do you believe?

================================================== ========================

I would like to hear more of what you mean.

-------------------------------------------------

The authority is given to the believers; the bornagain believers; the ones that believe His Word is truth.
                              Believe the Covenant; that it is for us today;

Prov.10:16 The labour of the righteous tendeth to life: the fruit of the wicked to sin.

17 He is in the way of life that keepeth instruction: but he that refuseth reproof erreth.

18 He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.

19 In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.

20 The tongue of the just is as choice silver: the heart of the wicked is little worth.

21 The lips of the righteous feed many: but fools die for want of wisdom.

22 The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and He addeth no sorrow with it.

This kind of growth comes only from God,Our Eliohem.

God has done what the Law could not do; its power being weakened by the flesh; the entire nature of man without the Holy Spirit. Sending His own Son in the guise of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin; so God condemned sin in the flesh; subdued; overcame; deprived it of its of its power.
                              Respectfully; Parsonsmom

Comment

Working...
                              X