i learned something cool, maybe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i learned something cool, maybe...

something i always wondered was why did God wait to send Jesus. He did alot of damage to humanity physically before sending Christ. why the wait...

i think Jesus timing was just right. for instance, as far as i know (which isn't alot!) writing wasn't around before moses, i guess even 300 years before him, so if Jesus had of come before moses nothing would have been recorded. does that make sence? someone help me out...

Moses is generally placed as living sometime around 1500-1200 BC.

Written language has been around since around 3000 BC.

Jesus could have shown up around 1800 BC if He decided it was the proper time... but then again, how would people have known who He was if no prophecies about Him had yet been recorded?
    To This Day

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemetal View Post
      He did alot of damage to humanity physically before sending Christ. why the wait...

I don't have an answer or comment about why God didn't send Jesus any earlier, but I just had to say that God didn't do a lot of damage to humanity physically.. . humans did the damage.

Comment

Originally posted by markedward View Post
        Moses is generally placed as living sometime around 1500-1200 BC.

Written language has been around since around 3000 BC.

Jesus could have shown up around 1800 BC if He decided it was the proper time... but then again, how would people have known who He was if no prophecies about Him had yet been recorded?

ah. good point, never htought of that. thanks

Originally posted by MyGod View Post
        I don't have an answer or comment about why God didn't send Jesus any earlier, but I just had to say that God didn't do a lot of damage to humanity physically.. . humans did the damage.
        also true. and a good point as well.
        thanks eh

Comment

Very interesting point you bring up there. I also agree that we need the prophecies before the Christ could have came.
          Jesus Christ is The Way, The Truth, and The Life.

Soli Deo Gloria!

My Video's:
          http://www.youtube.com/thewoodsofjordan

Comment

Hi Ilovemetal, markedward rightly explained the writing aspect of history. I would like to add something the Bible says, about 'times and seasons' (Gen. 15:13-16) Nations arise and fall according to God's timing. 400 yr. cycles are a constant theme with regard to these matters. God reaches out to 'all' nations. I believe this is why 'all' nations of antiquity have a version of the 'Flood.' The Sumerians 'Gilgamesh' to name one.

The Bible tells us there was one language until the incident at Babel (Gen. 11). When the languages were changed and each group went their own way they, being the descendants of the 3 sons of Noah (Ham, Shem, Japheth Gen. 10) retained the overall facts with regard to the flood and as the centuries past each told it in their own way. I bring this up with regard to your comment on 'prophecies Prophecies were spoken and passed down from the fall of Adam and Eve (Gen. 3:12-15).

In Africa, among some of the ancient tribes this practice still goes on. That is, they have an orator, I forget the technical name and he keeps historical happenings and speaks centuries and centuries of oral history as it was passed down. As so, it would not be a matter of 'waiting till prophecy is written down.'

Bottom line, 'times and seasons' for the redemption had to be because things must run their course. God is not a waster. He made humanity, and would not erase and start over, rather, he would 'redeem''and repair that which was broken i.e. humanity at His appointed time. One of the purposes for the generations to come and go is so our generation could be born and those appointed to salvation could receive it while making an impact in this world each in our own way.

As for the 'damage', that came from fallen humanity. God was the one who did the good. He created man and woman, so loved humanity that He would not force humanity to 'love him' rather, he would entrust them to choose to do right or wrong. It was the 'wrong choices' of humanity that wrought the damage and evil on the Earth.
            Just look at the state of the Earth today to see that that is true. Environmental pollutions, Greenhouse affect and all that, is brought on by fallen humanity. They alone are destroying the beautiful Earth that God made to sustain and bless us. Think about that.

Comment

I would also point out that one of the key features of the time when Jesus showed up was the predominance in the world around Him of the Greek language, which the New Testament was (mostly) written in. The reason why that's important is because one of the most critical factors in understanding God's love for us that led Him to sacrifice Jesus for us is the Greek word, "agape". Unfortunately, the closest English equivalent is "love", which is hardly an accurate translation, because "love" is a much more generalized word than "agape".

Agape is a love than can even be directed at somebody who you've never even met. It is unconditional, and takes pleasure in completely unrequited sacrifice. Our response, upon finally truly comprehending it, would normally be one of astonished worship. That's the "love" that God the Father exhibited for us. But until Greek came along with its highly detailed and developed various ways of expressing "love" (such as agape, phileo, and eros, among others), it would have been much more difficult for the New Testament authors to get across to the world a proper understanding of exactly what God has done for us.

Just thought I'd throw in that little tidbit.
              ----------------------------------------------
              When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

A passage that comes to mind is Gal 3:22-ff we see the OT was a schoolmaster to prepare us for Christ... and as we know it was a shadow of things to come... thus preparing the populous for the arrival of the messiah and as we see in the NT revealing it to the public by showing then that the OT told them what to look for the entire time... they just didn't see it...

The Jews was expecting a physical kingdom rather than spiritual but once God's plan was revealed it made them aware of their error.
                Isaiah 6:8 "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" We should always be willing to do God's bidding, seek ye first the kingdom of God.

I use Linux because I don't like Windows

Comment

The short answer is that God didn't wait for anything. He didn't wait until the right time. He wasn't sitting back and watching events unfold without rhyme or reason. Before the foundation of the world God set in motion His plan to redeem us. The events subsequently unfolded precisely in accordance with His plan. He created. He destroyed except for 8. He promised Abraham a Chosen Race, the Hebrews. He saw how they rejected Him over and over. He knew that they would reject the promised Messianic Kingdom. He knew that thereafter the Good News would be heard by non-Jews. God is outside of space and time. He knows what He planned "from there", and He knew then how it would happen. The choices He gave to Adam-Eve, civilization before the flood, His Chosen People (the Jews), and now to us were fixed BEFORE He created Earth. The generations since then have had a choice to make: for or against God. Our living generations have a choice to make: for or against eternal security in Jesus, the Christ, the Anointed One, Emmanuel, God with Us.

I'm so happy He offered and I received!

Comment

Working...
                  X