X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many Are Called?

Who are those called by God?

To whom is the gospel given?

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Rom 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

2 Thess 2:14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Cor 7:20 Let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called.

Firstfruits

Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Rom 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

2 Thess 2:14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Firstfruits
    Anyone your can reach.

Matthew 22:9 ( KJV )
    Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch5 View Post
      Anyone your can reach.

Matthew 22:9 ( KJV )
      Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
      Thanks Butch5,

Knowing that we are all called by the gospel, are we therefore also all predestinated?

Firstfruits

Comment

I Timothy 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
        Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world

Comment

Firstfruits
          I believe at some point and time everyone is drawn to the gospel. Then they choose whether to accept the free gift or deny it.
          And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself. - John 12:32

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. - Romans 8:29

When studying predestination one must also look at foreknowledge. God knows what you are going to do and he may use you for a specific purpose as was in the case of Pharaoh. Pharaoh at first hardened his own heart...
          For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. - Romans 9:17

Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. - 1 Peter 1:2

The gospel is available to everyone but it only benefits those who believe and accept the free gift
          For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe. - 1 Timothy 4:10
          BelieversNotes.com - Bible Study Notes

For it is better that he say to you, 'Come up here,' Than that you should be put lower in the presence of the prince, Whom your eyes have seen. ~ Proverbs 25:7

Comment

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post
            I Timothy 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
            Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world
            Thanks David,

So as in the following scripture we are to comform to Jesus?

Firstfruits

Comment

Thanks Butch5,

Knowing that we are all called by the gospel, are we therefore also all predestinated?

Firstfruits
              No, the only ones who are predestined are those who choose to believe. God has predetermined that all who love Him (Believe) will be conformed to the image of His Son.

Comment

No, the only ones who are predestined are those who choose to believe. God has predetermined that all who love Him (Believe) will be conformed to the image of His Son.
                Is not the predestination to be comformed to Jesus according to what is written?

We are all called.

Firstfruits

Comment

Is not the predestination to be comformed to Jesus according to what is written?

Firstfruits
                  Look at my first post #5.... The key is "foreknow"..... To know before hand.

For it is better that he say to you, 'Come up here,' Than that you should be put lower in the presence of the prince, Whom your eyes have seen. ~ Proverbs 25:7

Comment

Originally posted by thedee View Post
                    Look at my first post #5.... The key is "foreknow"..... To know before hand.
                    Who does God not know? Has he not given us all the chance to repent according to the gospel?

Firstfruits

Comment

Who does God not know? Has he not given us all the chance to repent according to the gospel?

Firstfruits
                      He knows everyone heart and he knows what they are going to do. He does not need to predestinate something in order to know it. And like I said in post #5 is that I believe that at some point everyone is drawn.... John 12:32... it is then we must accept or reject the free gift.

Comment

We are all called.

Firstfruits
                        Hi FF,

Yes, all are called, however, in the verse you quoted Paul is not speaking of all, he is speaking specifically about those who love God (verse 28). All are called to believe in Christ. Those who believe are called to be conformed to the image of His Son. The Greek word here is "Kaleo" and is also translated "invite". It is like the parable of the wedding supper, all are called (invited) to the wedding supper, those who come are then called (invited) to partake (be confromed to the image of His Son) of the wedding supper. Does that makes snes?

Comment

Originally posted by thedee View Post
                          He knows everyone heart and he knows what they are going to do. He does not need to predestinate something in order to know it. And like I said in post #5 is that I believe that at some point everyone is drawn.... John 12:32... it is then we must accept or reject the free gift.
                          We are all called by the gospel, and by that gospel we are to conform to Jesus.

We are all called by the gospel.

Firstfruits

Comment

Hi FF,

Yes, all are called, however, in the verse you quoted Paul is not speaking of all, he is speaking specifically about those who love God (verse 28). All are called to believe in Christ. Those who believe are called to be conformed to the image of His Son. The Greek word here is "Kaleo" and is also translated "invite". It is like the parable of the wedding supper, all are called (invited) to the wedding supper, those who come are then called (invited) to partake (be confromed to the image of His Son) of the wedding supper. Does that makes snes?
                            We are all called by the gospel.

Firstfruits

Comment

Although many are called not all will obey the gospel.

Mt 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Firstfruits

Comment

Working...
                              X