Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adultery

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Adultery

    Is it considered adultery to date a woman who has a child but never was married?
    It is in my understanding that to date a woman that's divorced from her husband is considered adultery also even though she is divorced.
    I didnt know the link didnt work

  • #2
    Dating is not adultery, but having a sexual relationship can be adultery.

    Comment


    • #3
      I think an interesting conversation would be to determine what it really means to become "one flesh."
      "What you do does not define who you are; it's who you are that defines what you do."

      -- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Realist1981 View Post
        Is it considered adultery to date a woman who has a child but never was married?
        It is in my understanding that to date a woman that's divorced from her husband is considered adultery also even though she is divorced.
        Adultery is generally between married people who transgress their vows to God and themselves. Fornication is sex between unmarried people.

        Do not fornicate and do not commit adultery with a married woman.

        I do not see anything dishonorable about marrying and adopting the child if that is where the Lord leads.

        For the cause of Christ
        Roger

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Realist1981 View Post
          Is it considered adultery to date a woman who has a child but never was married?
          It is in my understanding that to date a woman that's divorced from her husband is considered adultery also even though she is divorced.
          Originally posted by notuptome View Post
          Adultery is generally between married people who transgress their vows to God and themselves. Fornication is sex between unmarried people.

          Do not fornicate and do not commit adultery with a married woman.

          I do not see anything dishonorable about marrying and adopting the child if that is where the Lord leads.

          For the cause of Christ
          Roger
          I concur what Roger says here. Dating is not fornicating nor adultery, in this situation as you informed us.
          Slug1--out

          ~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Realist1981 View Post
            Is it considered adultery to date a woman who has a child but never was married?
            No. And even if she was previously married, it is not you that would be committing the adultery, but enabling her to do so if her divorce was not biblical. But like others have said, if you are talking about engaging in a sexual relationship with her, this is fornication: sex outside of marriage = not God's plan/design for sex; sin.

            Originally posted by Realist1981 View Post
            It is in my understanding that to date a woman that's divorced from her husband is considered adultery also even though she is divorced.
            If a married woman becomes divorced, it is only adultery that she marries another man if she left him without biblical reason. The Bible supports abuse and infidelity as reasons to divorce but still encourages reconciliation first.

            What is dating? Why date? What are your intentions of dating this woman? Do you think you might like to marry her? Are you wanting to come into an exclusive relationship with her that would make her unavailable to other men? This is the ancient form of engagement, a modern mishap. The world has it backwards! If she has a child but was never married, you should beware not to put yourself in situations with her that might cause you to sin. The flesh is weak.
            "To live is Christ..." - Philippians 1:21

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CaptainM View Post
              No. And even if she was previously married, it is not you that would be committing the adultery, but enabling her to do so
              .
              On the other hand Luke 16:18 makes clear that it is the man who commits adultery in that situation.

              Comment


              • #8
                God forgives sin...completely.

                So getting divorced and remarried isn't a sin contrary to the legalist logic that so prevails in Christiandom.

                Even to this day many churchs will allow you to attend but not be a leader of some kind if you ever have been divorced...

                And this thinking and style of leadership has ostracised over half of all americans from the Church.
                It is saying point blank that if you aren't "perfect nuclear family" material you just ain't holy enough for our congregation....sure come in and repent...but don't take part in anything and you surely can't be more spiritual than any one else here"

                And I think that this will be (and has been) America's biggest spiritual downfall.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JohnDB View Post
                  God forgives sin...completely.

                  So getting divorced and remarried isn't a sin contrary to the legalist logic that so prevails in Christiandom.

                  Even to this day many churchs will allow you to attend but not be a leader of some kind if you ever have been divorced...

                  And this thinking and style of leadership has ostracised over half of all americans from the Church.
                  It is saying point blank that if you aren't "perfect nuclear family" material you just ain't holy enough for our congregation....sure come in and repent...but don't take part in anything and you surely can't be more spiritual than any one else here"

                  And I think that this will be (and has been) America's biggest spiritual downfall.
                  Boy, that's a mouth full. what bothering you?
                  Amazzin

                  Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

                  CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!



                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by amazzin View Post
                    Boy, that's a mouth full. what bothering you?
                    Single parent families are the largest demographic in America...and the most absent from Church attendance.

                    And it isn't because they don't believe in God, Christ, or the tenants of the faith...it is simply because they are ostracized for past mistakes.

                    So...

                    Anything that keeps anyone from fellowship, worship, and celebrating their faith...I have a very very dim view on.

                    I know...I know...I am holding back...if only I could let out my true feelings.
                    LOL

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Meet me in chat to ministers forum and we can have a private chat.

                      Just so you know, you would NOT be embrassed in my church, no questions asked.
                      Amazzin

                      Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

                      CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!



                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Realist1981 View Post
                        Is it considered adultery to date a woman who has a child but never was married?
                        It is in my understanding that to date a woman that's divorced from her husband is considered adultery also even though she is divorced.
                        I would be very careful in considering a relationship with any divorced woman, just by having the knowledge that whosoever marries another man's wife commits adultery. Also taken into consideration that Jesus said, that whosoever lust after another man's wife commits adultery, in this case Jesus is telling us one don't have to actually be having an sexual relationship with this woman but have a desire or lust to have that sexual relationship with her. That is adultery in the heart. Notice that I used another man's wife for the woman in this case. (Matthew 5:27,28) Woman should be translated wife.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I've seen A LOT of what comes from adultery.

                          It's not pretty.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I've see a LOT of what comes from non-adulterous relationships.

                            Much of it is not pretty, either.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X