What If???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion What If???

I just have been thinking, maybe a little too much....Just "what if" this life is all there is too it, that when we die, we are just "no more", that we just return to dust, from where we came from in the beginning...What if, there is no "God"?....I mean, there is just soooo much I dont understand.....Why do children have to suffer?, why do some people have terrible childhoods and others dont?, Why do some people have these great families and lives and nothing bad ever really happens to them, and then bad things happen to othere people all the time?? Why do some people live a long time and others die so young? I mean does anyone else out there ever think about these things????? I am confused sometimes about "life" in general and everything that is going on in this world, and with my life and other peoples lives that I know...and then some people seem to have it all, health, a great family, friends, job and etc.....is it because all these people are better than the next??? I dont understand....the bible says God is love...alot of times we dont see or feel that love.... does this make any sense at all??? I just think too much sometimes....I wish we could audibly "hear" God to speak to us, like they did in the Old Testament.....sometimes I pray and pray, and nothing ever changes or gets any better sometimes things get worse, and I wonder, what if??? what if there is No God??? what if he is just fed up with me? I dont know...any feed back appreciated...Thanks B
    AngelNSC (Jeanie)

Thats alot to cover but this might answer some of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD1yv4J6ohE

Comment

AngelNSC,

You have some powerful and very important questions there. Lets take a moment and propose a question for your first question, and then try to imagine the answers to the next ones, ok?
      What if there was no God. Assume there is none, and that reality is an insane confluence of accidents viewed through the effervescence of chemical reactions we call "awareness".
      Ponder your questions under that assumption. Why do children suffer? Why is life so cruel to some, and so rich for others? Why does inequality exist? The answer, under this set of assumption, is the sound of the vast, impersonal, Godless universe laughing in our faces for our ridiculous notions of fairness, justice, beauty, and peace. What a soul crushing universe of despair that would be.

But consider this? WHY do our hearts, from the moment we have words to express our feelings, long for such things as fairness, beauty, justice, love, and peace. We search for these things for most of our short lives in desperation, half the time never realizing its what we really want. Why would our hearts long for such things? Is it because our hearts remember / long for a creation where these things were our purpose?

I'm not sure if that answer makes sense to you. If it does, and you'd like to read something much more substantial on the topic, I would suggest reading "Simply Christian" by a gentleman named N.T. Wright.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelNSC View Post
        I just have been thinking, maybe a little too much....Just "what if" this life is all there is too it, that when we die, we are just "no more", that we just return to dust, from where we came from in the beginning...What if, there is no "God"?....I mean, there is just soooo much I dont understand.....Why do children have to suffer?, why do some people have terrible childhoods and others dont?, Why do some people have these great families and lives and nothing bad ever really happens to them, and then bad things happen to othere people all the time?? Why do some people live a long time and others die so young? I mean does anyone else out there ever think about these things????? I am confused sometimes about "life" in general and everything that is going on in this world, and with my life and other peoples lives that I know...and then some people seem to have it all, health, a great family, friends, job and etc.....is it because all these people are better than the next??? I dont understand....the bible says God is love...alot of times we dont see or feel that love.... does this make any sense at all??? I just think too much sometimes....I wish we could audibly "hear" God to speak to us, like they did in the Old Testament.....sometimes I pray and pray, and nothing ever changes or gets any better sometimes things get worse, and I wonder, what if??? what if there is No God??? what if he is just fed up with me? I dont know...any feed back appreciated...Thanks B
        If there was no God then none of us would be here right now.
        BelieversNotes.com - Bible Study Notes

For it is better that he say to you, 'Come up here,' Than that you should be put lower in the presence of the prince, Whom your eyes have seen. ~ Proverbs 25:7

Comment

Originally posted by AngelNSC View Post
          [B] I just have been thinking, maybe a little too much....Just "what if" this life is all there is too it, that when we die, we are just "no more", that we just return to dust, from where we came from in the beginning...What if, there is no "God
          I suppose then that would mean you would be going no where. But look on the bright side. - it would be your chance to get away from it all.

Comment

Working...
          X