Are angels "holy spirits"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are angels "holy spirits"?

Is it possible that angels are "holy spirits" in themselves and are sent by THE Holy Spirit to the heirs of salvation for to minister?

Heb 1:13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
    Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Do we see this at Pentecost

Heb 1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

Ac 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
    Ac 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Mark

Angels do not receive worship (Rev 19 & 22), the HS is God, he can. God said he will not leave us comfortlesss, he is with us himself, the HS. The Bible refers to the HS as singular (not many of them). Angels need to hear the truth of God from those in the Church, the HS is the truth giver. Angels have flaws (Job 4:18), the HS doesn't have any.

Shalom

Comment

Originally posted by Servant89 View Post
      Angels do not receive worship (Rev 19 & 22), the HS is God, he can.
      A common mistake. The verse is not saying not to worship this angel rather worship God. In eternity we will worship the father God.

Re 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Note that John must have thought this angel to be like no other for him to bow down. In addition we see the angel in chapter 22 call himself the alpha and omega.......

Re 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
      Re 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Angels have flaws (Job 4:18), the HS doesn't have any.
      Shalom
      Job 4:18 Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly:

I think the servants and angels being spoken of are those which were aligned with Satan as seen in chapter 1.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Servant89 View Post
        Angels have flaws (Job 4:18), the HS doesn't have any.
        Shalom
        Actually that verse from Job needs to be understood in context of the entire book of Job. The background of the book of Job is that Eliphaz the Temanite and his 3 friends have a faulty theology, for which God rebukes him for in the last chapter. The words of Eliphaz, Bildad and Zophar must then be understood in that light (man's way of thinking, but wrong theology).

Thus the words spoken by Eliphaz in chapter 4 are categorically untrue. The picture he paints of God, being even distrustful of his angels, is a wrong picture. Thus we cannot conclude that angels have flaws from that verse, I don't think the holy angels have flaws.
        Tit 3:2 to speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.

Comment

Originally posted by ross3421 View Post
          Is it possible that angels are "holy spirits" in themselves and are sent by THE Holy Spirit to the heirs of salvation for to minister?

Heb 1:13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
          Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Do we see this at Pentecost

Heb 1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

Ac 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
          Ac 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Mark
          We are merely discussing terminology here. What we call angels does not change who they are. The Holy Spirit is 1/3 of The Godhead. He is deity. Angels are servants of God who minister to man. They are not deity.

Comment

You need to be careful with angels, we are warned that simply because something is an angel, doesn't mean we should trust it. After all, the devil is an angel, and so are the demons. Speculating about angels is a notoriously dangerous thing to do spiritually speaking. We should be looking to Christ, not angels.
            Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

Originally posted by ross3421 View Post

Mark, what do you think this verse means??
              The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
              God plants in our hearts
              to remind us
              there are better things ahead.
              -Holley Gerth

Comment

If an evil spirit is just that an evil spirit, then by the same logic and angel of GOD (heaven) is a holy spirit:

Luke 7:21 And in that same hour he cured many of their infirmities and plagues, and of evil spirits; and unto many that were blind he gave sight.

Evil spirit= evil angels

Holy spirit=GODS angels
                If Satan can keep us busy swinging our swords at one another, there is no hope of a united attack on the kingdom of darkness. KJV, NIV, ESV or ABCDEFG; there is no time to bicker over such things. We'll devour each other if allowed to continue. We should grab the marching orders written in the way we best understand and get to work.

Andrew_no_one

Comment

I can not believe no one here knows what an angel is.
                  The word angel is not what many people think it is.

a lot of people think of them as a spiritual being with wings.
                  But that is a cherubim not a angel.

Now can a cherubim be an angel yes if sent by God.
                  Can a spirit be a angel only if sent by God.
                  Can a evil spirit be an angel only if sent by God.
                  Can a human be angel? ( I will let you answer this question)

For what the word angel means is a messenger of God.

Hebrew word
                  מַלְאַךְ
                  noun common masculine singular construct
                  n.m. messenger -- 1. messenger, a. one sent with a message,
                  Usage: AV - angel 111, messenger 98, ambassadors 4, variant 1; 214

Greek word
                  ἄγγελόν
                  noun accusative masculine singular
                  ou m angel; messenger, one who is sent
                  (This word was translated in the KJV in to the following english words. (this is what Usage is.)
                  Usage: AV - angel 179, messenger 7; 186

Now can a human be a angel?

Did God ever use a Human to send a message to anyone?

KJV Haggai 1:13 Then spake Haggai the LORD'S messenger in the LORD'S message unto the people, saying, I am with you, saith the LORD.

KJV Luke 7:27 This is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

Comment

Originally posted by CRJarvis View Post
                    I can not believe no one here knows what an angel is.
                    The word angle is not what many people think it is.

a lot of people think of them as a spiritual being with wings.
                    But that is a cherubim not a angel.
                    Now can a cherubim be an angel yes if sent by God.
                    Can a spirit be a angel only if sent by God.
                    Can a evil spirit be an angel only if sent by God.
                    Can a human be angel? ( I will let you answer this question)

For what the word angel means is a messenger of God.

Hebrew word
                    מַלְאַךְ
                    noun common masculine singular construct
                    n.m. messenger -- 1. messenger, a. one sent with a message,
                    Usage: AV - angel 111, messenger 98, ambassadors 4, variant 1; 214

Greek word
                    ἄγγελόν
                    noun accusative masculine singular
                    ou m angel; messenger, one who is sent
                    (This word was translated in the KJV in to the following english words. (this is what Usage is.)
                    Usage: AV - angel 179, messenger 7; 186

Now can a human be a angle?
                    First you tell us you can't believe we don't know what an angel is, which is an insult, now you're trying to convince us an angel is really an angle.
                    If Satan can keep us busy swinging our swords at one another, there is no hope of a united attack on the kingdom of darkness. KJV, NIV, ESV or ABCDEFG; there is no time to bicker over such things. We'll devour each other if allowed to continue. We should grab the marching orders written in the way we best understand and get to work.

Andrew_no_one

Comment

yep my Dyslexia kicked in.
                      it was not meant as an insult,
                      (i am not saying no one here does not know this.
                      I'm just amazed that everyone does not know this yet.)

I had thought everyone knew this.
                      Yet the churches of today are not teaching the good stuff anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty Sword View Post
                        First you tell us you can't believe we don't know what an angel is, which is an insult, now you're trying to convince us an angel is really an angle.
                        if this is what I had said " I can not believe, no one here knows what an angel is." then yes it would be an Insult.
                        but what i had Said is "I can not believe no one here knows what an angel is."

Comment

if this is what I had said " I can not believe, no one here knows what an angel is." then yes it would be an Insult.
                          Well believe me i have had dialogue with many on the board, they know an angel is a messenger of the LORD. Good talking to you.

Andrew_no_one

Comment

thank you and God Bless you.

Comment

have you got some special 'revelation' as to what an angel really is?
                              Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
                              ------------------------------------------------
                              Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
                              ------------------------------------------------
                              The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
                              Jeremiah 31:3

Comment

Working...
                              X