Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short from reading the book of Leviticus and compiling all of this.......
    Where do I find all 613 laws ??
    The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
    God plants in our hearts
    to remind us
    there are better things ahead.
    -Holley Gerth

They have been codified several times over the ages. Not all versions agree with one another. If you like, I can try to find you a list.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCM
      Short from reading the book of Leviticus and compiling all of this.......
      Where do I find all 613 laws ??
      I think yo can find them on Judaism101.com.
      Oops, sorry, that would be jewfaq.org

Comment

Thank you!!!
        I found it
        http://www.jewfaq.org/613.htm
        The LORD is my Miracle

Hope is a seed
        God plants in our hearts
        to remind us
        -Holley Gerth

Comment

You're welcome!

Comment

This is the Rambam's (Maimonides) list. The Ramban (Nachmonides) interestingly enough, does not include belief in God as being one of the 613 Mitzvos.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris
              This is the Rambam's (Maimonides) list. The Ramban (Nachmonides) interestingly enough, does not include belief in God as being one of the 613 Mitzvos.
              Hmmm. That's interesting. What's the point of the 613 if you don't believe in God?

Comment

Originally posted by Kahtar
                Hmmm. That's interesting. What's the point of the 613 if you don't believe in God?
                That's his point. You're doing the 613 because you believe in God.

Comment

Ahh. I get it.

Comment

Ahhh.............. the law is written on your heart.... Love therefore is the fulfillment of the law.
                    So I need not do each one individually , but because I love G_d, with all my heart and mind, I'll do what is right ....
                    The LORD is my Miracle

Hope is a seed
                    God plants in our hearts
                    to remind us
                    -Holley Gerth

Comment

Uh, if you say so.

Comment

Ahhh.............. the law is written on your heart.... Love therefore is the fulfillment of the law.
                        So I need not do each one individually , but because I love G_d, with all my heart and mind, I'll do what is right ....
                        Ah, a statement of what may be the biggest Christian fallacy in history.

"Love therefore is the fulfillment of the law. So I need not do each one individually." This statement is so cock-eyed, and illogical it never ceases to awaken horror within me.

Try this one on for size. "The fulfillment of the Driver's Code is to drive safely. Therefore, I need not obey every individual command of the Driver's Code, I simply need to drive safely with all my heart and mind." As if to "drive safely with all my heart and mind" can possibly not subsist of obeying every single command of the Driver's Code!!!

PLEASE recognize the absolute insanity of your conclusion! I plead with you.

Comment

Originally posted by literaryjoe
                          Rom 13:10 Love doesn't harm a neighbor. Love therefore is the fulfillment of the law.
                          So I need not do each one individually
                          How do I destroy the seed of Amalek??
                          Some of these laws I can not keep!! example..."Not to sprinkle the blood of blemished cattle upon the altar" literaly..... I do not bring offers in that way....
                          "Not to eat bread made of new grain before the Omer of barley has been offered up on the second day of Passover " how do I know where the grain comes from...I buy it in the shop...I am not a farmer...
                          The LORD is my Miracle

Hope is a seed
                          God plants in our hearts
                          to remind us
                          -Holley Gerth

Comment

"Love therefore is the fulfillment of the law. So I need not do each one individually." This statement is so cock-eyed, and illogical it never ceases to awaken horror within me.

Try this one on for size. "The fulfillment of the Driver's Code is to drive safely. Therefore, I need not obey every individual command of the Driver's Code, I simply need to drive safely with all my heart and mind." As if to "drive safely with all my heart and mind" can possibly not subsist of obeying every single command of the Driver's Code!!!

Very well said.

Comment

I suspect this isn't what ACCM was saying. Looks to me like she was saying that real, godly love motivates one to try do what is right—including keeping the law.

On top of that, please be careful to avoid name-calling or otherwise belittling of our members. If one of the 613 doesn't deal with that, it's still the rules 'round here.

Comment

Working...
                              X