Death Reigned From Adam To Moses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crawfish View Post
    Men were still spiritually separated from God despite the fact there was no law with which to live by. In other words, they were still guilty even though they had no law to sin against.
    Is there a law now?

Lk 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Firstfruits

Comment

just what i see on the face: Adam chose to disobey God, this was sin resulting in death. Later, Moses gave the law. men chose to disobey God. this was sin resulting in death. in between, there was no law or commandment from God to break, and yet death (the product of sin) reigned. During Noah's time the world was full of evil, so it seems that the natural state of fallen man is to do evil -even if it's not in willful rebellion against God -perhaps by violating the laws of nature or the law "written on the heart" or the conscience?

Comment

Originally posted by subarctic_guy View Post
        just what i see on the face: Adam chose to disobey God, this was sin resulting in death. Later, Moses gave the law. men chose to disobey God. this was sin resulting in death. in between, there was no law or commandment from God to break, and yet death (the product of sin) reigned. During Noah's time the world was full of evil, so it seems that the natural state of fallen man is to do evil -even if it's not in willful rebellion against God -perhaps by violating the laws of nature or the law "written on the heart" or the conscience?
        Thanks Subartic,

Is there a law now?

Lk 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Firstfruits

Comment

Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post
          Is there a law now?
          I will have to give that some thought. It seems to me that "The Law" was the covenant/contract made w Israel via Moses -the terms of which were broken by Israel. It is obvious that in the new covenant there are commandments, but i am getting the sense it is not a law in the same sense. Sorry if thats incoherent

Comment

I will have to give that some thought. It seems to me that "The Law" was the covenant/contract made w Israel via Moses -the terms of which were broken by Israel. It is obvious that in the new covenant there are commandments, but i am getting the sense it is not a law in the same sense. Sorry if thats incoherent
            Thanks, Subartic-guy

I understand and await your reply after your searches.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Comment

it may be a while, i am studying much more foundational issues atm. but if i come across anything i will post it (if i remember )

Comment

it may be a while, i am studying much more foundational issues atm. but if i come across anything i will post it (if i remember )
                Thanks you,

God bless!

Firstfruits

Comment

Is there a law now?

Firstfruits
                  There is a moral law that has always been but not a Mosaic Law.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch5 View Post
                    There is a moral law that has always been but not a Mosaic Law.
                    What then does it mean that sin is not imputed when there is no law, if there is not a Mosaic law?

Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Firsftruits

Comment

Is there a law now?

Firstfruits
                      Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.
                      You were made to think. It will do you good to think; to develop your powers by study. God designed that religion should require thought, intense thought, and should thoroughly develop our powers of thought.

Charles G Finney

http://holyrokker.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by holyrokker View Post
                        Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.
                        So we are no longer under the sentance of death, but have the promise of life through the law of the Spirit, would that be right according to scripture?

Firstfruits

Comment

Working...
                        X