Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John 6:45, "they will ALL be taught by God"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John 6:45, "they will ALL be taught by God"?

Who is "ALL,"? Surely not all men are being taught to live as christians.

Originally posted by tmentour View Post
    That is true, however God has said that we must hear his son Jesus, and it is his gospel that is to be preached to all.

Mt 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

Firstfruits

Comment

Originally posted by tmentour View Post
      Hi tmentour,

I believe Jesus was referriing here to those who would come to him during His ministry on earth. When Jesus came, He came to the Jews.

Matthew 15:24 ( KJV )
      But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

During Christ's earthly ministry God was drawing certain men in order to setup the Crucifixion and prepare the Gospel. I believe these are the ones who were taught of God.

John 6:44-45 ( KJV )
      No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
      It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Notice Jesus' words.

Matthew 16:17 ( KJV )
      And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Comment

Working...
      X