If I ask you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I ask you...

If I ask you to tell me the good news of the Gospel in less than 300 words, what would you say to me
    The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
    God plants in our hearts
    to remind us
    there are better things ahead.
    -Holley Gerth

Christ died and rose on the third day, believe on Him and you will never die.
    Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.
    C. S. Lewis

Comment

CHRIST JESUS, SON OF GOD, was sent into the world in the image of sinful flesh, yet did not sin, and was crucified for the sake of all humans that the wrath would not fall upon all those who call on HIS name. HE raised on the third day and was seated at the right hand of power and glory.
      9For zeal for Your house has consumed me,
      And the reproaches of those who reproach You have fallen on me.
      Psalm 69:9

4 You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
      James 4:4

19 You believe that God is one You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder
      James 2:19

"5 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." Genesis 6:5

Comment

God sent His Son, named Jesus. Jesus was born for the purpose of redeeming people from their sins. Jesus Himself was sinless. Jesus had a group of disciples. Jesus taught the truth about God and His kingdom. The religious people in power saw Jesus as a threat to their power. One of the disciples betrayed Jesus and helped Him to be arrested by the religious people. Jesus was sentenced to death and was crucified. Jesus died on the cross. Jesus was buried in the earth for three days. After the third day, Jesus rose from the dead. Jesus ascended to heaven. The death and resurrection of Jesus is the foundation for mankind's salvation. Believing wholeheartedly that Jesus is the savior of mankind and that He takes away man's sins brings salvation.
        To This Day

Comment

John 3
          16 - "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
          17 - "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.
          18 - "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
          I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
          - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Vhayes View Post
            John 3
            16 - "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
            17 - "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.
            18 - "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
            Ditto!

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by ACCM View Post
              If I ask you to tell me the good news of the Gospel in less than 300 words, what would you say to me
              Are you a Jew or a Greek?

1Co 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
              1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

Comment

Originally posted by Lively Stone View Post

1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

That would be an odd answer to the OP question. Are you sure that would give understanding of the gospel?

Comment

The reason why most people don't know God is because sin - which is breaking God's Law of love - separates all people from God, and sin begins in the heart - the desires, motives and thoughts.

God is 100% just - He must punish sin, but He is also 100% merciful. What does God do?

Long before Jesus came into the world, God said of Him,

"All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned, each one to his own way; and the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all." (Isa.53: 6).

"For He has made Him who knew no sin, to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (2Cor.5: 21).

That is why the Bible says, "

"For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." (Eph.2: 8-9).

We only have to turn away from rebellion against God TO God, and to believe in and trust in Jesus for our salvation - that's easy - you simply tell Him you believe and ask Him to come into your heart.
                  "But you must not be called Rabbi, for One is your teacher, Christ, and you are all brothers.

And call no one your father on the earth, for One is your Father in Heaven.

Nor be called teachers, for One is your Teacher, even Christ."
                  (Mat.23: 8-10)

AND

"I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. As I have loved you, you should also love one another.

By this all shall know that you are My disciples, if you have love toward one another."
                  (Joh.13: 34-35)

Comment

Originally posted by ACCM View Post
                    1. You are a sinner (Rom 3:23)
                    2. You can't be good enough to get to heaven (Isa 64:6; Rom 3:10)
                    3. Your sin is bad enough to send you to hell. (Rom 6:23, Rev 20:14,15)

GOSPEL (I Corinthians 15:1-4)

1) Jesus died for your sins, proving man cannot save himself (Eph 2:8,9; Titus 3:5)
                    2. Jesus was buried, proving the the price for sin was paid in full. (Rom 6:23a)
                    3. Jesus rose from the dead, proving He was, is and always will be God. (Romans 1:4)

Salvation is a gift (Eph 2:8,9)that Jesus paid for, and all one must do to be saved is reach out and accept that gift by calling on Jesus to save them. (Rom 10:9-13)

Comment

"It all depends ..."

ACCM has posed a GREAT question, which has received some great answers!

I'm still thinking about it.

Lively Stone can speak for him or herself, but -- Emanate -- I don't think LS was giving an answer to ACCM's request, but rather asking a question of her, something that one might want to know before replying.

That is, as I understood it LS was saying it's a bit hard to know what a good presentation of the gospel would be unless you know who you're talking to. What might work for people of one type would not work for another. In the ancient world, you could start in a different place with Jews (who share many assumptions with the Gospel) than with Greeks. Thus Paul's presentation to the Athenians, in Acts, starts by explaining that there is one God who made all things. That'd be superfluous talking to Jews because they already know that. With Greeks, it's essential because they may not grasp that "God" is not just one of the greek "gods". So how one presents Jesus -- how He presented himself and how the apostles presented Him -- partly depends on how to reach the mind of specific hearers. Thus, knowing the audience one's speaking to might have an important effect on one's approach.

It's that point -- which I think LS was making (concisely, wittily, and incisively) -- that is partly causing me to continue to think over how I would reply to ACCM's query.

Comment

Originally posted by Lively Stone View Post

Hahahaha I just read that several minutes ago with my time with GOD. Interesting.

Priase be to the LORD! The KING of kings.
                        9For zeal for Your house has consumed me,
                        And the reproaches of those who reproach You have fallen on me.
                        Psalm 69:9

4 You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
                        James 4:4

19 You believe that God is one You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder
                        James 2:19

"5 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." Genesis 6:5

Comment

Originally posted by Scruffy Kid View Post
                          ACCM has posed a GREAT question, which has received some great answers!

I'm still thinking about it.

Lively Stone can speak for him or herself, but -- Emanate -- I don't think LS was giving an answer to ACCM's request, but rather asking a question of her, something that one might want to know before replying.

That is, as I understood it LS was saying it's a bit hard to know what a good presentation of the gospel would be unless you know who you're talking to. What might work for people of one type would not work for another. In the ancient world, you could start in a different place with Jews (who share many assumptions with the Gospel) than with Greeks. Thus Paul's presentation to the Athenians, in Acts, starts by explaining that there is one God who made all things. That'd be superfluous talking to Jews because they already know that. With Greeks, it's essential because they may not grasp that "God" is not just one of the greek "gods". So how one presents Jesus -- how He presented himself and how the apostles presented Him -- partly depends on how to reach the mind of specific hearers. Thus, knowing the audience one's speaking to might have an important effect on one's approach.

It's that point -- which I think LS was making (concisely, wittily, and incisively) -- that is partly causing me to continue to think over how I would reply to ACCM's query.
                          Hi Scruffy Kid!

I have just recovered my user name from Lively Stone.

That is exactly what I meant.

The Jews know about the one true God. They know about sin, the penalty of sin, forgivness and the need of the promise of a Saviour.

They know the foundation and the path, but Christ Jesus became a stumbling block along that path.

The Greeks however knew many gods, and to them this gospel is foolishness. They have no foundation, and have no clue about what sin is. Having a temple prostitute was a way of honouring their gods.

Comment

The Good News.

Promise: God loves you.
                            Reality: We all struggle with sin.
                            Answer: Jesus said, "Repent and believe in the Good News. Mark 1:15

Jesus loved you so much, He was willing to die for you, even though He didn't deserve to die. Jesus died so He could bring you to God. Jesus died to remove your sins and He rose agian, so He might give you eternal life.

You: It's not enough to know God loves you. It's not enough to admit you're a sinner. It's not enough to know that Jesus is the answer for your struggle with sin. YOU have to take ACTION!!!!!

"If YOU confess with YOUR mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and YOU believe in YOUR heart that God raised Him from the dead, YOU will be saved." Romans 10:9

That's enough!!!!!

Amen!!!!
                            John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

Comment

I would ask for at least 300 more words.

Visit our new website
                              ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
                              "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

Working...
                              X