Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did God create mosquito's?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why did God create mosquito's?

    The mosquito is a most annoying creature, that doesn't serve any purpose, isn't beautiful to look at, latches onto you to suck your blood, leaving annoying itchy bumps. In fact it is responsible for transmitting some pretty serious diseases around the world.

    So why did God make them? Any ideas on this one? I have some ideas on this, but I would like to here your comments first.

    Cheers,
    Legoman

  • #2
    Who knows? I doubt it was to make us laugh though as that is what the fainting goats are for.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Frogs, lizards, and fish eat mosquitoes. They're part of the food-chain.
      To This Day

      Comment


      • #4
        I've often wondered if maybe mosquitoes (at least in their present form) might be part of the curse on the earth after the fall of man.
        ----------------------------------------------
        When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Literalist-Luke View Post
          I've often wondered if maybe mosquitoes (at least in their present form) might be part of the curse on the earth after the fall of man.

          With that logic, anything we don't like or understand fully could be attributed as a part of 'the curse'.

          Like markedward pointed out, they are a valid part of the food chain (but he forgot to mention dragonflies). And who knows what other benefits they afford the environment (or even ourselves), that we are simply too ignorant to observe or understand?

          Anything that does not kill you, only makes you stronger.
          Who said that?

          Meaning, while some people become hypersensitive to mosquito bites, many also become resistant to the effects.
          Becoming infected with a disease, and recovering from it, makes our immune system stronger.

          If we were never in our life exposed to anything that made us sick, the first thing that came along that could - would wipe us out.

          That might make for an interesting experiment (what with all the anti-bacterial products on the market these days).
          Isolate a baby totally from anything that could bring infection for the first, say, 10 years of their life.
          Then set them free in the world.

          Would the person die from the first contagion they caught?
          Or would their immune system be able to cope?


          Personally, I am for less meds and inoculations and more for letting my body fight off whatever.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Duane Morse View Post
            With that logic, anything we don't like or understand fully could be attributed as a part of 'the curse'.

            Like markedward pointed out, they are a valid part of the food chain (but he forgot to mention dragonflies). And who knows what other benefits they afford the environment (or even ourselves), that we are simply too ignorant to observe or understand?

            Anything that does not kill you, only makes you stronger.
            Who said that?

            Meaning, while some people become hypersensitive to mosquito bites, many also become resistant to the effects.
            Becoming infected with a disease, and recovering from it, makes our immune system stronger.

            If we were never in our life exposed to anything that made us sick, the first thing that came along that could - would wipe us out.

            That might make for an interesting experiment (what with all the anti-bacterial products on the market these days).
            Isolate a baby totally from anything that could bring infection for the first, say, 10 years of their life.
            Then set them free in the world.

            Would the person die from the first contagion they caught?
            Or would their immune system be able to cope?


            Personally, I am for less meds and inoculations and more for letting my body fight off whatever.
            Nevertheless, it'll be A-OK with me if there aren't anymore mosquitoes around after the 2nd Coming.
            ----------------------------------------------
            When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Literalist-Luke View Post
              Nevertheless, it'll be A-OK with me if there aren't anymore mosquitoes around after the 2nd Coming.
              Me too.

              But in this world, they just may be necessary.

              Comment


              • #8
                That's easy. So we could make Jurassic Park.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by legoman View Post
                  The mosquito is a most annoying creature, that doesn't serve any purpose, isn't beautiful to look at, latches onto you to suck your blood, leaving annoying itchy bumps. In fact it is responsible for transmitting some pretty serious diseases around the world.

                  So why did God make them? Any ideas on this one? I have some ideas on this, but I would like to here your comments first.

                  Cheers,
                  Legoman
                  God did say everything He created was good, so He must have made them for some reason.

                  They do nothing for me but I found this: http://www.helium.com/items/262546-w...itoes-good-for

                  I don't know anything about the website itself. I just found this link by going on Google.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Semi-tortured View Post
                    That's easy. So we could make Jurassic Park.
                    Exactly .
                    The LORD is my Miracle

                    G_d was gracious He has shown favor


                    Hope is a seed
                    God plants in our hearts
                    to remind us
                    there are better things ahead.
                    -Holley Gerth

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      A bat can eat up to 10,000 mosquito's a day.
                      Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Without mosquitos, the frogs would all die.
                        Blessings,

                        Road Warrior


                        Proverbs 4:23
                        23 Guard your heart above all else,
                        for it determines the course of your life.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Okay, now what about the love bugs in the south?

                          They do help us stay in shape by having to wash our windshields every time we go to the store

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Buck shot View Post
                            Okay, now what about the love bugs in the south?

                            They do help us stay in shape by having to wash our windshields every time we go to the store
                            Love bugs? I'm from the south, and I'm not familiar with those. Maybe that's a Texas bug. Nevertheless, I'm sure that any kind of bug will have a purpose. They might be a polliinator of some plant, or they might be (most likely are) a food source for other creatures.

                            Mosquito bites alone are annoying but not deadly. It is the little organisms who use mosquitos as free transportation that are deadly.

                            Washing your windshield is annoying too! Driving through the almond groves during the flower season, it is honeybees we have to wash off the front of our vehicles.
                            Blessings,

                            Road Warrior


                            Proverbs 4:23
                            23 Guard your heart above all else,
                            for it determines the course of your life.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Ok there have been some good and funny responses so far I appreciate that.

                              The point about being part of the food chain is a good one, but it begs the question, couldn't the frogs learn to like something else?

                              Seriously though, if it was a food chain issue, why didn't God design mosquitos to eat the dandilions in my front lawn, instead of the blood in my arm? That would have taken care of two bird's with one stone. Don't have to worry about getting eaten alive while enjoying my beautiful dandilion-free lawn! And at least the frogs could still eat.

                              Yes there are probably a multitude of other purposes for the mosquito. The point I'm trying to make is that for some reason God designed the mosquito to suck blood out of my arm, causing me minor annoyance for most of my summers.

                              Now someone brought up the possibility that it was part of the curse given after the fall of Adam & Eve. Now I don't really think that is the reason. As someone else said, with that logic, all of the "bad/uncuddly/yucky/poisonous" creatures of this world would also be part of the curse. What about scorpions? Rattlesnakes? Cobra's? etc. They also must have their reasons for being what they are.

                              Lets look at the verse in Genesis 1:31: "God saw all that he had made, and it was very good."

                              Many people use this verse to show that God's creation was "perfect" at the beginning, that is, it was perfect before the fall of man. If it was "perfect", then what the heck were the mosquitos doing there? I mean my idea of paradise is not sitting around in a beautiful garden, and still having to swat mosquitos.

                              Look at the verse again. First of all, it doesn't say "perfect", it says "very good". So what are mosquitos very good for? Being annoying pests. Thats what they are very good at.

                              What I am suggesting is God designed mosquitos to annoy us, suck our blood, potentially spread disease, and even possibly cause death. God wanted to annoy me every summer! Now that is profound.

                              Now consider Adam. When God created Adam, was Adam "perfect"? Or was he only "very good"? And what was Adam very good at? Well probably lots of things, but he was definitely very good at sinning, because it didn't take him very long to do it. God designed Adam to sin.

                              Now I know lots of people will think Adam sinned of his own free will, and God never intended sin to enter the world. But WAIT! Lets go back to the mosquito. Did the mosquito use its free will and decide to become an annoying blood sucking disease spreader? LOL that question makes me laugh.

                              Just some food for thought - I welcome your comments...

                              Legoman

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X