Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's In Your Heart?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's In Your Heart?

    The following scriptures lead us to believe that God put into our hearts either the ten commandments/law of Moses, or the Spirit/Jesus.

    What therefore do we have in our heart?

    Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

    Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

    2 Corinthians 3:1-171 Do we begin again to commend ourselves? or need we, as some others, epistles of commendation to you, or letters of commendation from you?

    2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:

    3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

    4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

    5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

    6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

    7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

    8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

    9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

    10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

    11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

    12 Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:

    13 And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:

    14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

    15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

    16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

    17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

    Firstfruits

  • #2
    Hi Firstfruits,
    I think I know what you are asking, if not then I apologize.

    Mosaic law and the ten commandments are teachers and will be used by God to teach us of Himself but neither of these will be written on our hearts/minds.
    The Holy spirit is not a teacher or a law but is a guide and comforter, the Holy spirit will dwell in the hearts/minds of Gods servants to bring to their memory the word and will of God enabling His servants to do His will.
    This is His will, and His will is His servants law.
    (love of God and mercy to our fellow man will be written on our hearts)

    What is the evidence of our love of God? ..our obedience to Him.
    What is the evidence of our mercy to our fellowman? ..our willingness to die to our own desires and live to sacrifice for them.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by walked View Post
      Hi Firstfruits,
      I think I know what you are asking, if not then I apologize.

      Mosaic law and the ten commandments are teachers and will be used by God to teach us of Himself but neither of these will be written on our hearts/minds.
      The Holy spirit is not a teacher or a law but is a guide and comforter, the Holy spirit will dwell in the hearts/minds of Gods servants to bring to their memory the word and will of God enabling His servants to do His will.
      This is His will, and His will is His servants law.
      (love of God and mercy to our fellow man will be written on our hearts)

      What is the evidence of our love of God? ..our obedience to Him.
      What is the evidence of our mercy to our fellowman? ..our willingness to die to our own desires and live to sacrifice for them.
      Thanks Walked,

      You have understood, so no apologies needed.

      God bless you.

      Firstfruits

      Comment


      • #4
        What God expects?

        Whatever you believe that God has put in your heart, do you believe he put it there expecting you to follow or obey it?

        Firstfruits

        Comment


        • #5
          What happened to Jesus?

          With regards to these scrptures: Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

          Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

          If God has put his law/the ten commandments into our hearts, then what happened to Jesus?

          And if God has put Jesus into our hearts, then what happened to the law?

          What's in your heart?

          Firstfruits

          Comment


          • #6
            Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

            Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

            2 Corinthians 3:

            13 And not as Moses, which put a veil over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:

            14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same veil untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which veil is done away in Christ.

            15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

            16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away.
            Once again, your question is based upon an attempt to merge scripture. The passages within the above quote are written to whom, or about whom? Read them again. Clearly, they draw a distinction between Jew and non-Jew.
            Last edited by dispen4ever; Sep 7th 2008, 01:06 AM. Reason: Spelling.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dispen4ever View Post
              Once again, your question is based upon an attempt to merge scripture. The passages within the above quote are written to whom, or about whom? Read them again. Clearly, they draw a distinction between Jew and non-Jew.

              The NT is quite clear, we are grafted into Israel. No longer strangers to the covenants (plural). One new man, no longer jew or gentile.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dispen4ever View Post
                Once again, your question is based upon an attempt to merge scripture. The passages within the above quote are written to whom, or about whom? Read them again. Clearly, they draw a distinction between Jew and non-Jew.
                Let us therefore look at them separately.

                According to what is written, what has God put in your heart?

                Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

                Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

                With the understanding that the Spirit is Christ and that which is written on stone is the ten commandment. which of them has been abolished?

                Which is therefore in you heart?

                3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

                6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

                17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

                Has that which is abolished been re-established?

                Firstfruits

                Comment


                • #9
                  You continue to misinterpret not only scripture, but my informative responses, as well. Your responses to what I offer are 180 degrees away from what I presented. If you'll study your Bible as I suggested previously, perhaps you'll get it. I have a Bible study program that I'll send to you for free if you promise to read every word, while comparing it to scripture. I hope that will clear up your fog.

                  :-)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I agree. But being grafted in, or being one in Christ, has zilch to do with my posts concerning scripture written to Jews, non-Jews, Jewish Christians, Greeks, Hellenistic Jews, and so on. The audience is the key. Your responses to my posts miss the point completely. I toss you a football, you throw back a tennis ball, as if they were the same. Go figure.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by dispen4ever View Post
                      You continue to misinterpret not only scripture, but my informative responses, as well. Your responses to what I offer are 180 degrees away from what I presented. If you'll study your Bible as I suggested previously, perhaps you'll get it. I have a Bible study program that I'll send to you for free if you promise to read every word, while comparing it to scripture. I hope that will clear up your fog.

                      :-)
                      You say I am not looking at what you have given however as far as what is written the following scriptures apply to all wether Jew or Gentile, knowing that after the law came Jesus, and there has been no other offering for our hearts.

                      Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

                      Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

                      2 Corinthians 3
                      3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

                      6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

                      17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

                      Where is the difference to what God has given?

                      Firstfruits

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        With the understanding that the Spirit is Christ and that which is written on stone is the ten commandment which of them has been abolished?
                        "Abolished" is the wrong word. It doesn't fit.

                        The Ten Commandments, the Law, and the Prophets, are FULFILLED in Christ Jesus. He is them, to hack the English language. They weren't abolished in the mind of the Jewish leadership or in the minds of Jews today. They do not recognize that Jesus, as Messiah, FULFILLED everything they look to in the OT. They have NO applicability to the non-Jewish Believer, or the Jewish Believer, in Christ as Savior-Lord-Master-King. The Jews can continue these observances. Their far better option is to receive Jesus as Messiah, Savior-Lord-Master-King. Then they can put away old things, just as we authentically born-again Believers do.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

                          Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
                          This is both the offer to the Jews of that day, and to the Jews ministered to in the last half of the Tribulation, and to everyone in the coming 1,000 year reign of Christ on earth.
                          Last edited by dispen4ever; Sep 8th 2008, 05:57 PM. Reason: Add phrase.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dispen4ever View Post
                            "Abolished" is the wrong word. It doesn't fit.

                            The Ten Commandments, the Law, and the Prophets, are FULFILLED in Christ Jesus. He is them, to hack the English language. They weren't abolished in the mind of the Jewish leadership or in the minds of Jews today. They do not recognize that Jesus, as Messiah, FULFILLED everything they look to in the OT. They have NO applicability to the non-Jewish Believer, or the Jewish Believer, in Christ as Savior-Lord-Master-King. The Jews can continue these observances. Their far better option is to receive Jesus as Messiah, Savior-Lord-Master-King. Then they can put away old things, just as we authentically born-again Believers do.
                            Thanks Dispen4ever,

                            Although they were not abolished in the mind of the the Jewish leadership, but then how would they explain the following?

                            2 Cor 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

                            2 Cor 3:11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

                            2 Cor 3:13 And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:
                            2 Cor 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

                            Are their minds still blinded?

                            Firstfruits

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dispen4ever View Post
                              This is both the offer to the Jews of that day, and to the Jews ministered to in the last half of the Tribulation, and to everyone in the coming 1,000 year reign of Christ on earth.
                              What, may I ask is the offer since the Mosaic covenant was already in force, and Jesus is the only other offer and is not just for the Jews?

                              Firstfruits

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X