Better Looking Bible - 2 choices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Looking Bible - 2 choices?

I like these two ESV Bibles to take to work on a daily basis. Good size, the font isn't huge, but the paper is thick enough to where I'm not 'distracted' by print from the other side of the page. Having a tough decision deciding which one looks best. Which one do you think looks the best?

Crown of Thorns:

I Am the Way

Thanks for any and all input.

TripleB
    Crown of Thorns
    72.73%
    He Is The Way
    27.27%

The poll is expired.

The BLACK one. THAT ROCKS!!!!
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Comment

I agree with UM. I choose the black one as well.
      This IGNORE button is by far one of the most useful tools I've used to keep my peace while navigating through some of the madness.

Comment

I would go with the black also

Comment

Originally posted by TripleB View Post
          I like these two ESV Bibles to take to work on a daily basis. Good size, the font isn't huge, but the paper is thick enough to where I'm not 'distracted' by print from the other side of the page. Having a tough decision deciding which one looks best. Which one do you think looks the best?

Crown of Thorns:

I Am the Way

Thanks for any and all input.

TripleB

I say Blue!

bold words.

Comment

I would go with the blue. The stylized thorns of the black cover make me think the cover is trying to look "cool"... eh, who cares if it looks cool, it's the Bible. The blue cover, on the other hand, has the ultimate message of the Bible, plain and simple. And it makes for good conversation.
            To This Day

Comment

Me too. I like the blue one.
              I have a Blog. Please visit!

My Blog http://bibleforums.org/forum/blog.php?b=537

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

Comment

Originally posted by markedward View Post
                I would go with the blue. The stylized thorns of the black cover make me think the cover is trying to look "cool"... eh, who cares if it looks cool, it's the Bible. The blue cover, on the other hand, has the ultimate message of the Bible, plain and simple. And it makes for good conversation.
                That's one of the reason's I was leaning towards the black one. I teach 7th grade Math, we have a 15 minute reading time in the mornings where students read what they wish, so during that time I plan on reading the Bible. If I went with the Thorns I thought the students might think it looks 'cool' and ask me what was on the cover and once they found out, they might ask what it meant. Might be a great lead in into discussing the pain Jesus went through for out sins.....

But I see what you're saying about the blue one...such a bold statement without much to be misinterpreted...very, very true!

Thanks for your input.

TripleB

Comment

As I type this, my coffee cup sits on a scrap of paper with John 14:6 written on it... placed there as a reminder.

So I guess you know which one I would choose......
                  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
                  ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......
                  ....Live your life the same way.... ~ *

Please pray for the 'Persecuted Church'.

Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."

Comment

Working...
                  X