Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What rights do human beings have?

What rights do human beings have?
    Since God created us, we belong to Him. We, therefore, on our own do not have any right. We, however, have certain values that God instilled in us over which He gives us rights. They include: life, freedom, desire for Him and dignity. God gives us life;therefore, no one should destroy human life and human life must be protected at all stages of its existence. Protection of human life requires appropriate laws, and provision for food, shelter and health care. God gives us freedom to choose, so that we may have His peace and joy by accepting His life of unconditional love. No one should, therefore, deprive another human being of freedom. God gives us a desire to love Him and be one with Him. No one should, therefore, interfere with another person's religious life or worship. God gave us dignity by creating us in His own divine image(Genesis 1:27) ; giving us His Spirit (ability to love) (Ezekiel 36:27); and by becoming our Father (Matthew 6:9). We must, therefore, respect the dignity of every human being and treat them as our own brothers and sisters.

Well ..... Christianity is not a religion. I'm not sure why I should respect "religion", i.e., Hinduism, Confucianism, Buddism, Witchcraft, counterfeit "Christian" groups or individuals, cults, Islam ... are these my brothers and sisters? Am I missing the point of your post?

Comment

Originally posted by arunangelo View Post
      Since God created us, we belong to Him. We, therefore, on our own do not have any right. We, however, have certain values that God instilled in us over which He gives us rights. They include: life, freedom, desire for Him and dignity. God gives us life;therefore, no one should destroy human life and human life must be protected at all stages of its existence. Protection of human life requires appropriate laws, and provision for food, shelter and health care. God gives us freedom to choose, so that we may have His peace and joy by accepting His life of unconditional love. No one should, therefore, deprive another human being of freedom. God gives us a desire to love Him and be one with Him. No one should, therefore, interfere with another person's religious life or worship. God gave us dignity by creating us in His own divine image(Genesis 1:27) ; giving us His Spirit (ability to love) (Ezekiel 36:27); and by becoming our Father (Matthew 6:9). We must, therefore, respect the dignity of every human being and treat them as our own brothers and sisters.
      The idea of protecting human life at all stages of existense and not destroying human life raises some questions for me. Does this mean that euthenasia is not allowed? Also, this standard regarding human life applies only to humans and not to God; correct?

Sincerely,

OldChurchGuy

Comment

Adam was created in the Image of God. We are created after the image of Adam, not the "divine image of god".

Gen 5:1-3 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created. And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

Comment

Originally posted by dispen4ever View Post
          Well ..... Christianity is not a religion. I'm not sure why I should respect "religion", i.e., Hinduism, Confucianism, Buddism, Witchcraft, counterfeit "Christian" groups or individuals, cults, Islam ... are these my brothers and sisters? Am I missing the point of your post?

Christianity is most definitley religion. You can complain about "true christianity" all you want, but to the world, you are still a christian. Religion is not the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Emanate View Post
            Adam was created in the Image of God. We are created after the image of Adam, not the "divine image of god".

Gen 5:1-3 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created. And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

Genesis 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.
            If Adam was the image of God, and we are the image of Adam, are we not also the image of God? The above verse seems to say so.
            If we disrespect another person (who is the image of God) we are disrespecting the image of God, and thus disrespecting God. If we show respect to another, we are showing respect to God.
            Matthew 25:35-40 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: (36) Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. (37) Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed [thee]? or thirsty, and gave [thee] drink? (38) When saw we thee a stranger, and took [thee] in? or naked, and clothed [thee]? (39) Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? (40) And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done [it] unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done [it] unto me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahtar View Post
              Genesis 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.
              If Adam was the image of God, and we are the image of Adam, are we not also the image of God? The above verse seems to say so.
              If we disrespect another person (who is the image of God) we are disrespecting the image of God, and thus disrespecting God. If we show respect to another, we are showing respect to God.
              Matthew 25:35-40 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: (36) Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. (37) Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed [thee]? or thirsty, and gave [thee] drink? (38) When saw we thee a stranger, and took [thee] in? or naked, and clothed [thee]? (39) Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? (40) And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done [it] unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done [it] unto me.

Again, Adam (man in Hebrew) was created in the image of God. the Son of Adam (man) was created in the image of Adam. Maybe there is no difference, but it is set apart in Scripture. It would also appear to allude to something .......

Comment

Again, Adam (man in Hebrew) was created in the image of God. the Son of Adam (man) was created in the image of Adam. Maybe there is no difference, but it is set apart in Scripture. It would also appear to allude to something .......
                It's not set apart in Scripture. Genesis 9:6 and the book of James both refer to humans as being in the image of God.

Comment

response to human rights

If we do well, and suffer for it, and take it patiently, this is that which is acceptable with God; and not if we sin, and suffer for. Again, it is thankworthy, if we suffer wrongfully, while we have our conscience toward God. And again, if we suffer for the cause of right, we are blessed. These such things are not only for the outward visible suffering for the cause of right; but much more inwardly, that is, if we are sincere toward God in our suffering, then it is counted for righteousness. For if (for example) someone takes away my goods, and I do not ask for them back; and yet outwardly receive sympathy from men, but inwardly I am bitter that my goods were not returned, and resent that person; then this is not counted to me for righteousness, because I am insincere toward God, though outwardly in the sight of men I appear noble for upholding what Christ tells us to do. And especially if were to feel noble because others looked upon me as honorable, though I know inwardly I despise. A great part of Christianity is that we give up our rights, and take the wrong, but it is only counted for righteousness when we are sincere. We know, and ought not to forget, that there is no mocking of God, and that we will obtain and achieve only that which we have planted. We may plant obedience, yet if it be without a pure(ie: sincere) heart, our outward noble gesture is of none effect with Him whom we shall give account to. As for this world, I do not put my trust and hope in man, but in God; for this cause I will not fear what man may do to me.
                  (I Peter.2:19,20 & 3:14)
                  (Mark.15:30)
                  And they went out and preached that men should repent. (Mark 6:12)

Comment

Christianity is most definitley religion. You can complain about "true christianity" all you want, but to the world, you are still a christian. Religion is not the problem.
                    The word religion comes from the latin word 'religare' which means to bind. Jesus Christ sets an individual free.

Yes to unbelievers Christianity is just another religion. But between believers, who know there is only one Creator and one Son Jesus Christ - there is one way - or hell.

Perhaps between ourselves we should get use to not calling our faith or hope in Jesus Christ a religion? SofTy.
                    1 Corinthians 1:12-13 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos: and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptised in the name of Paul?

KJV

May the power of the Spirit of our God unite us. SofTy.

Comment

Christianity is NOT a religion by definition. A religion is an organized system of beliefs, rules, regulations, protocols, with a defined hierarchy of human beings calling the shots. Roman Catholicism is an example of religion. Islam is an example of religion. Christianity is none of the above.

Christianity is faith in Jesus, the Christ. It is a personal relationship with Him, not with a system.

:-)

Comment

Originally posted by dispen4ever View Post
                        Christianity is NOT a religion by definition. A religion is an organized system of beliefs, rules, regulations, protocols, with a defined hierarchy of human beings calling the shots. Roman Catholicism is an example of religion. Islam is an example of religion. Christianity is none of the above.

Christianity is faith in Jesus, the Christ. It is a personal relationship with Him, not with a system.

:-)
                        Christianity has:

* An organized set of beleifs

* Rules

* Regulations

* An authoritarian hierarchy

I guess this means it's a religion. In all appropriateness, it is partly religion, but also has relational aspects (as do other religions).

Comment

Originally posted by OldChurchGuy View Post
                          The idea of protecting human life at all stages of existense and not destroying human life raises some questions for me. Does this mean that euthenasia is not allowed? Also, this standard regarding human life applies only to humans and not to God; correct?

Sincerely,

OldChurchGuy
                          If following Christian teaching, then euthenasia is never permitted.
                          “What Scripture doth plainly deliver, to that first place both of credit and obedience is due; the next whereunto is whatsoever any man can necessarily conclude by force of reason; after these the voice of the Church succeedeth. That which the Church by her ecclesiastical authority shall probably think and define to be true or good, must in congruity of reason over-rule all other inferior judgments whatsoever” ( Laws, Book V, 8:2; Folger Edition 2:39,8-14).

Comment

Since God created us, we belong to Him. We, therefore, on our own do not have any right. We, however, have certain values that God instilled in us over which He gives us rights. They include: life, freedom, desire for Him and dignity. God gives us life;therefore, no one should destroy human life and human life must be protected at all stages of its existence. Protection of human life requires appropriate laws, and provision for food, shelter and health care. God gives us freedom to choose, so that we may have His peace and joy by accepting His life of unconditional love. No one should, therefore, deprive another human being of freedom. God gives us a desire to love Him and be one with Him. No one should, therefore, interfere with another person's religious life or worship.
                            This makes me think of our Declaration of Independence:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Our founding fathers made sure we had the freedoms to choose - including religious freedom. With that freedom also comes the responsibility of Christians to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with a lost and dying world.

Comment

Yes Adam's sons were made in the image of Adam but they also contained the spirit of God, so are they not also made in God's image.

Genesis 9:6
                              “ Whoever sheds man’s blood,By man his blood shall be shed; For in the image of God He made man.

It is a sin to take a life, for taking a life God will require your life, even if that life is still in the womb. It is our sin nature that is made in the image of Adam. That is why Jesus calls us to be Born Again, for we can not enter the eternal kingdom with our sin nature we have to be changed. We can not do this ourselves it has to be done by God and the blood of Jesus Christ. Then once again we will be able to say we are made in the image of God.
                              John 8:31-32

31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

Dizzy

Comment

Working...
                              X