Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

His divine power has given everything pertaining to life,not the government! 2Pet1

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His divine power has given everything pertaining to life,not the government! 2Pet1

This is taken from 2 Peter 1 verse 3, and as we read further, we can see that it is as we add these things listed after verse 3 that as we add these things to our lives, they will keep us effective in our knowledge of Our Lord Jesus Christ, not our knowledge of the government, or the health system, or any soldiers. His power has given to us what we need for life. As I have read in here, some believe that it is the government, or the soldiers in some battle that save us. Sure, God can use anything or anyone He likes, but He wants to look to HIM for our life and protection, and NOT the government or the soldiers.

See verse 9, a person who excells not in these fruit is in fact NOT a Christian, therefore those trusting in governments and soldiers are not actualy carring out the commands written here in 2 Pet 1, and as indicated in verse 9, they are not Christians.

I cannot copy and paste, I hope someone can paste 2 Pet 1:1-10.

Any comments, agreements, disagreements, this is lovely meat of the word.

Originally posted by Dugdeep View Post
    This is taken from 2 Peter 1 verse 3, and as we read further, we can see that it is as we add these things listed after verse 3 that as we add these things to our lives, they will keep us effective in our knowledge of Our Lord Jesus Christ, not our knowledge of the government, or the health system, or any soldiers. His power has given to us what we need for life. As I have read in here, some believe that it is the government, or the soldiers in some battle that save us. Sure, God can use anything or anyone He likes, but He wants to look to HIM for our life and protection, and NOT the government or the soldiers.
    By "here" do you mean Bibleforums? If so, could you cite examples of people doing as you suggest?

Comment

Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
      By "here" do you mean Bibleforums? If so, could you cite examples of people doing as you suggest?
      That will take some time, I guess you have been here a lot longer, can you maybe help in this regard, or have you not read these posts where, "some" trust in governments and soldiers?

Comment

That will take some time, I guess you have been here a lot longer, can you maybe help in this regard, or have you not read these posts where, "some" trust in governments and soldiers?
        Depends what you mean by "trust". In my time here I don't think I've seen any cases where people trust governments or soldiers for their salvation, except for maybe 1 or 2 extraordinary "manifest destiny" posters over the past 4 years. If you mean "trust" to be related to salvation, or divine influence, I just don't see it. If you mean "trust" in the general sense... that is to say trust that the parties specified do a good job at what they do, I still don't really see it. People here tend to be more suspicious of government than "trusting". Support for soldiers is pretty secure here too, so in that respect they are "trusted", but I'm not sure if this is what you're getting at.

Comment

Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
          Depends what you mean by "trust". In my time here I don't think I've seen any cases where people trust governments or soldiers for their salvation, except for maybe 1 or 2 extraordinary "manifest destiny" posters over the past 4 years. If you mean "trust" to be related to salvation, or divine influence, I just don't see it. If you mean "trust" in the general sense... that is to say trust that the parties specified do a good job at what they do, I still don't really see it. People here tend to be more suspicious of government than "trusting". Support for soldiers is pretty secure here too, so in that respect they are "trusted", but I'm not sure if this is what you're getting at.
          I didn't mean they trust for their salvation as into heaven ,but to save us here on earth. I believe we need to trust Him who has given us everything pertaining to life, as is commanded by Him, and not to trust in governments or soldiers to save us. I know this sentence can be taken out of context, so I hope people will read the O.P.

Comment

I didn't mean they trust for their salvation as into heaven ,but to save us here on earth. I believe we need to trust Him who has given us everything pertaining to life, as is commanded by Him, and not to trust in governments or soldiers to save us. I know this sentence can be taken out of context, so I hope people will read the O.P.
            I get what you're saying. I'm just uncertain that I agree. Not specific to government, but soldiers in particular... in all of Isreal's major victories, God was trusted, but soldiers were also well armed and well trained. I don't believe trust in God means eschewing the institutions on earth we use to take care of ourselves.

Comment

Any comments, agreements, disagreements, this is lovely meat of the word.
              The scripture in context is about overcoming the "lusts" of the world. If trust in government is one of your "lusts" then I understand what you're saying.
              Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
                The scripture in context is about overcoming the "lusts" of the world. If trust in government is one of your "lusts" then I understand what you're saying.
                Every government on this earth is corrupt. Do you agree?

Comment

The Lord has provided protection through those who serve in the government. He specifically uses man to bring His wrath to the evildoers in the world... thus, you are protected.

Romans 13:4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

"// to you //"... this is you in this scripture that God is protecting, through/by those who are His Minister's of God.

So if you "lust" concerning this... then the scripture in your OP can be scritpure to convict one (you) of this problem. Once you are healed of this, those who God uses to protect you will continue to do so without you "lusting" about the work that God has them do for you.
                  Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Every government on this earth is corrupt. Do you agree?
                    I feel that all govenement has elements of corruption and do you know why?

It's because the enemy has saturated the governments with those who do not have faith in God and satan also binds people with the demon of pacifism so there are many Christian's who will not enter government and remove those corrupt elements.

In the mean time, many complain or say statements like the quote you just stated and God is trying to get people like yourself to serve in government and shine Christ and right many wrongs.
                    Slug1--out

Comment

If your house catches on fire, are you going to trust God to put it out or are you going to call 911 (the government)?
                      For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
                        I feel that all govenement has elements of corruption and do you know why?

It's because the enemy has saturated the governments with those who do not have faith in God and satan also binds people with the demon of pacifism so there are many Christian's who will not enter government and remove those corrupt elements.
                        So, at least we agree, every government on this earth is corrupt. Why do you blame pacifism? Demons come from disobedience to God's word. It's more likely that demons have come from people not obeying 2Pet1 and surounding scriptures that demons have come.

And demons are fought by spriritual warfare, not by people in a corrupt government, what do you think about this last sentence?

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Missionary View Post
                          If your house catches on fire, are you going to trust God to put it out or are you going to call 911 (the government)?
                          Don't go there... to much common sense in use of govenment through a 911 call.

Actually I think you just took my next moment of thunder
                          Slug1--out

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Missionary View Post
                            You miss the point, I am talking about trusting. Please stick to the O.P

Comment

You miss the point, I am talking about trusting. Please stick to the O.P
                              Then maybe a couple of us aren't understanding what you mean by "trust".

Comment

Working...
                              X