Holy relics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy relics

ark of the covenant, Moses staff, holy grail, true cross, veil of veronica, spear of destiny, etc etc

Do these things exist and do they have Power?

Those are Roman Catholic things. They don't mean anything to me as it is not the 'things' that have power. It is God! I believe they are idols to those who seek power from them. Now the ark of the covenant would be an interesting find archaeologically but still it's not meant for us to worship IT.
    II Timothy 2:15
    Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
    Read My Testimony sigpic Visit Our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris View Post
      ark of the covenant, Moses staff, holy grail, true cross, veil of veronica, spear of destiny, etc etc
      Ark of the Covenant - Not a Catholic "thing"

Moses staff - Not a Catholic "thing"

Christian things = holy grail, true cross, veil of veronica, spear of destiny, etc etc

Even Paul had a prayer cloth that he prayed over

Pwer - No they don't in and of themseleves

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris View Post
        ark of the covenant, Moses staff,
        that you should know....
        holy grail, true cross, veil of veronica, spear of destiny, etc etc

Do these things exist and do they have Power?
        don't know anything about that .... like S2S says... they are RC 'thingys'
        The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
        God plants in our hearts
        to remind us
        there are better things ahead.
        -Holley Gerth

Comment

I like to think that the ark and the holy grail still exist (don't know much about the others). I agree they don't have power in and of themselves though. As for the spear of destiny, just watch Constantine.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ACCM View Post
            that you should know.... don't know anything about that .... like S2S says... they are RC 'thingys'
            How is the holy grail a 'Catholic thing'?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrckBrln View Post
              The 'thing' part! Of course they are historical things but I don't think the 'things' have any power as many RCs do. Do you get my meaning now?
              Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Comment

So if someone bar-b-qued at Church would that be a Holy Grill?

Comment

The first two probably still exist, though we don't know where they are and I see no reason to believe they have intrinsic power within them.

The latter are just silly.

There is no reason the Roman government would have found the Cross of any importance and most likely reused it. Same with the spear. As for the grail it too was most likely used again and again, eventually being cast into obscurity.

Comment

Originally posted by historyb View Post
                    So if someone bar-b-qued at Church would that be a Holy Grill?
                    Now THAT would likely get a bunch of Protestants there!

Comment

Because it's nothing more than a cup that Christ used. Only reason it's called the "Holy Grail" is because the Catholics say so.

Why isn't there a "Holy Plate" that the bread was served on or a "Holy bowl" that Jesus dipped the bread in, or the "Holy Pillow" that he was reclining on that night...

There is no "Holy Grail" It's a Catholic invention.

Comment

Wow, I didn't know that holy relics was a RC thing. I thought they were a Christian thing. But the opinions here are pretty much all the same.

Comment

veil of veronica
                          The whole Veronica narrative was an extra-biblical addition to the passion story made by the Catholic church, although it appeared in the Passion of the Christ.

Wow, I didn't know that holy relics was a RC thing.
                          Pretty much. Also in Eastern Orthodox churches as well.

This is really interesting. There is a rating system of relics in the RCC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relic

Comment

I thought the holy grail was a Monty Python thing.
                            The whole praying to and venerating relics is a Catholic thing.
                            I don't think any other Christian groups as a whole are into that nonsense.
                            ...be strengthened with power through His Spirit into the inner man, that Christ may make His home in your hearts through faith, that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be full of strength to apprehend with all the saints what the breadth and length and height and depth are and to know the knowledge-surpassing love of Christ, that you may be filled unto all the fullness of God. Eph. 3:16-19

Comment

I have no cooking clue what that is
                              The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
                              God plants in our hearts
                              to remind us
                              there are better things ahead.
                              -Holley Gerth

Comment

Working...
                              X