Who in the Bible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who in the Bible?

Who in the Bible is it that thought he was the only one serving God? I vaguely remember this, but would like to share it.

Thanks!

Re: Who in the Bible?

I think you my be talking about Elijah, who ran for his life after the evil Queen Jezebel told him, "By tomorrow at this time, you'll be a dead man...just like your other prophets of God."

And Elijah went running, and sat down under a Juniper tree and prayed to die. He said to God:

And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.

But God told him farther down in that chapter:
    "I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal..."

Its all in 1 Kings chapter 19. Hope that helps...
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Comment

Re: Who in the Bible?

Thanks! This is it is exactly!

Comment

Working...
      X