X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scripture help!!!

I've been looking for scriptures that talk about
    god's seidr to help us.

Scriptures that talk about god steadfast love for us.

Scritures about how god forgives us, but only if we ask for it.

And scriptures about how god heals uf phycially and mentaly

and scriptures about how we are choses and got waht to take us to a higher level.

Scriptures about how we have purpose.

If someone could please help me with this that would be such a blessing.

I myself will also be looking for scriptures but i would like to have a helping hand if possibel.

God bless
    -shaniesa

Originally posted by Shaniesa View Post
    I've been looking for scriptures that talk about
    god's seidr to help us.

Scriptures that talk about god steadfast love for us.

Scritures about how god forgives us, but only if we ask for it.

And scriptures about how god heals uf phycially and mentaly

and scriptures about how we are choses and got waht to take us to a higher level.

Scriptures about how we have purpose.

If someone could please help me with this that would be such a blessing.

I myself will also be looking for scriptures but i would like to have a helping hand if possibel.

God bless
    -shaniesa

There are many verses in Scripture that show examples of what you are asking. I'll try to show a few of them. But, further study on your part will help you dig a little deeper on each one.

God's desire to help us:

Throughout Scripture we find God helping people. The people often abused His help. Take the nation of Israel for example: God delivered them out of Egypt, gave them a great leader, gave them food, spiritual guidance. He also prepared them to be high priests, a chosen nation. Yet, they continually and repeatedly rejected God's help, which led them to a 40-mile trek through the desert where they had to totally depend on God for survival.

Psalm 54:4 "Behold, God is mine helper: the Lord is with them that uphold my soul."

Psalm 116:6 "The Lord preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me."

Psalm 118:1 "O Give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: because his mercy endureth forever." (What better help could there be than God's enduring mercy?)

Psalm 46:1-3 describes what God is to his people. "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof road and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof."

Isaiah 49:8 "Thus saith the Lord, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;"

Hebrews 13:6 "So that we may boldly say, "The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me."

God' forgiveness if we ask for it:

Eph. 2:8 "For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

Eph. 1:13 "in whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise,"

Eph. 1:7 "In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches ofhis grace;"

These verses indicate that we must believe, trust and accept what was accomplished through His shed blood in order to be forgiven.

1 John 1:9

God's love for us:

Ephesians 2:4 "But, God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ (by grace ye are saved

Romans 8:35, 37 "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword .... Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us."

Verses 38-39 go on to say: "For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 John 4:9-10 "In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins."

Verse 19 goes on to say, "We love him, because he first loved us."

And in John 3:16-17 we find the ultimate love verse, "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.'

God gives us mental stability:

2 Timothy 1:7 says "For God had not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

I'm not going to go into my beliefs about physical healing for today. It would cause some confusion to you, who are obviously new in the Word.

God's chosen:

There are many Scriptures that talk about God's chosen people. These are the nation of Israel. It was true in the Old Testament references, and still true today, even though God has set the nation of Israel aside and will be dealing with them at a later time. Of course it is God's desire that all would come to him - to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, but He does not choose who will be saved and who won't. Each one of us makes the choice as to whether or not we will trust Christ as our Savior.

Throughout Biblical history we find mankind making his own choices regarding the things of God. Some were good, some were really bad, but each choice was made by man.

How can we reach a higher level?

I'm not quite sure about what you mean exactly. We each are on the same level when we accept Christ. I think the book of Ephesians helps clarify this very well. Read and study Ephesains 1 and 2 and you'll see that when we accept Christ, we are all accepted in Him, we are all given an inheritance - joint heirs with Christ. Saved is saved - whether you are a brand-new Christian or a very old one.

We should, however, continue to learn adn grow as we go through our Christian walk.

2 Timothy 3:16 tells us this: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness."

Why? Read verse 17 "That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."

In this verse the word "perfect" means to be mature and understanding of what God expects from us.

2 Timothy 2:15 tell us "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be asheamed, right dividing the word of truth."

We must make a real effort to study God's word to come to an understanding. When we stand before God, we won't have an excuse such as "Well, so-and-so said this or that." We must study for ourselves.

Our purpose:

Eph. 5:1-2 "Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour."

Colossians 1:9-11 "For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness."

In this way we will be a witness of Christ to those around us. Look at 1 Timothy 6:12 "Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and has professed a good profession before many witnesses."

I hope this helps you somewhat. I'm sure many others will offer good references and explanations, too.

God Bless you in your quest for knowledge and truth.
    "I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High." Psalm 9:2

Comment

Working...
    X