What happened to the Edomites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the Edomites?

Are they still with us today? Also what of the other ancient people groups mentioned so often in the Bible? The Philistines, Assyrians, etc. Thanks.
    Tit 3:2 to speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.

Re: What happened to the Edomites?

Edomites I think is present day Jordan the nation east of Israel and a large portion of north central and western Saudi Arabia.

Philistines I think is present day Lebanon north of Israel and also the Gaza strip on the southwestern coast of Israel and possibly even the west bank inside of Israel east of the city of Jerusalem and actually the intire nation of Israel before Father promised and delivered it to Jacobs children.

Assyrians I think is mostly present day Syria the nation at the most northwestern border of Israel but also includes portions of southweastern Turkey and portions of northwestern Iraq and maybe even a small piece of northwestern Iran.

They are all still here just portioned up abit more than they were 2000-5000 years ago.

EDIT:
    Persians= Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan and maybe portions of western India.

Babylonians= Iraq.

Kings of the east= Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India, possibly China and Indochina as well.

Cush-ites= Ethiopia and the entire west coast of the Arabian peninsula and possibly even the south coast of the Arabian peninsula.

Lydians= Libya the nation west of Egypt, possibly Tunisia Africa too.

Thaicians= Northern Greece and most of the Balkan states (Romania, Bulgaria, former Yugoslav republic and Albania) and possibly Austria and maybe even any of the new former Soviet republics that border the coast of the north east and west Black sea.

Sumerians= southern Iraq and Kuwait maybe a small portion of central western Saudi Arabia surrounding Kuwait.

Samaritans= All of northern Israel, a small portion of Syria and Lebanon.

Queen of the south= I think this is South Africa but it is very debatable, possibly Arabia, possibly Sudan Africa, possibly Egypt, or maybe even the Cush-ites.... I would leave this one the "queen of the south" alone but I have already post it, I am not even satisfied that it is South Africa but it is my best uneducated guess.

They are all still here just portioned up abit more than they were 2000-5000 years ago.

2nd EDIT:
    Oops I forgot my favorite one:

Judians/Jews= central Israel including the city of Jerusalem(the city our God betroved) and the northeastern and possibly central Sinai desert, Or depending on which Father or father you trust in, all of the earth as far as Abrahams nearly 100 year old eyes could see from Mt Zion in central or northern-central Israel west of the Euphrates river including after King Davids conquest Syria, Jordan, a portion of northwestern Saudi Arabia, most of if not all of the Sinai desert in Israel and all of Lebanon.

Father bless.
    Last edited by MoreMercy; Sep 24th 2010, 03:23 PM. Reason: additions

Comment

Originally posted by ThyWordIsTruth View Post
      Are they still with us today? Also what of the other ancient people groups mentioned so often in the Bible? The Philistines, Assyrians, etc. Thanks.
      Among other things, Edomites are the modern international bankers; specifically, they are the private owners of our Federal Reserve. You may not really want to know the truth; most people don't.

Comment

OK, I just fell off the edge of the world.

Putting on my aluminum foil hat now, for the record.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbiKnife View Post

Putting on my aluminum foil hat now, for the record.
          Nah. A good ol' armadillo helmet is even better. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ThyWordIsTruth View Post
            The Edomites are probably still in the middle east. As far as I know they weren't carried off by the Assyrians or Babylonians. The Philistines were absorbed by Assyria or Babylon, or were carried off and scattered for the most part. Although they're probably still around mostly in the middle east. A lot of these peoples are mostly known today as Arabs. God knows where they all are.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbiKnife View Post
              Fixed that, you have a home again, a large one at that.

Comment

The Edomites got blowed up.

Prophesied destruction
                Isaiah 34.5-15

Fulfilled destruction
                Malachi 1.2-5
                To This Day

Comment

Several of the Edomite larger cities on the southwest border vicinity of the nation of Jordan on the western side of the lower half of the Jordan river southwest of the Dead Sea where destroyed by Fathers fiery justice but in no way were all of the Edomites destroyed.

Comment

From what I understand, Syria and Assyria are two different countries/nations.

There still is a Syria today. It borders Israel. From what I understand, a large proportion of Syrians are Arab.

From what I understand, Assyria was where part of Iraq is now.

Comment

Around 120BC, the Prince and High Priest of Israel, John Hyrcanus, won a war against the Edomites.
                      Then he did something no Israel ruler had ever done before, he forced Israel's enemy to "convert."

From that time forward, the Edomites were "jews." This gives us a clue to the meaning of Revelation 2:9 & 3:9
                      the identity of those who say they are "jews" but are of the synagogue of satan [the term, "satan", meaning adversary.]

Hyrcanus was punished for the forced conversion of the enemy of Israel. His was the last Israelite kingdom.
                      His Israelite dynasty fell to the Herods, who were Edomite-jews.

Here is a quote from Josephus Book 8: 9.1

[Edomites were called Idumeans by the Greeks and Romans]

" Hyrcanus took also Dora and Marissa, cities of Idumea, and subdued all the Idumeans; and permitted them to stay in that country, if they would circumcise their genitals, and make use of the laws of the Jews; and they were so desirous of living in the country of their forefathers, that they submitted to the use of circumcision, and of the rest of the Jewish ways of living; at which time therefore this befell them, that they were hereafter no other than Jews. "

Comment

If I understand correctly, Assyria was in what's now northern Iraq and Babylonia was in what's now southern Iraq.

I'm kind of confused about what Mesopotamia was.

Comment

Working...
                        X