Isaiah 63:11....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isaiah 63:11....

(Isa 63:11 LITV) Then His people remembered the days past of Moses and His people, saying, Where is He who brought us up from the sea with the shepherd of His flock. Where is He who put His Holy Spirit within him;

Now I don't know about y'all.... But I was taught all my life that the Holy Spirit came to dwell within man after Jesus ascended.... Is it just me or does Isaiah seem to indicate otherwise?

Does anyone have any clarification?
    sigpic
    My Church...

My Facebook page....

Re: Isaiah 63:11....

I believe this is simply stating that Moses had the Holy Spirit within him. The prophets of old had this but it was not until Pentecost did the Promise of the Holy Spirit come upon believers of all stripes.
    Last edited by crossnote; Sep 25th 2010, 02:13 PM.
    ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

Comment

Psalm 51:10-12 (New International Version)

10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
      and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

11 Do not cast me from your presence
      or take your Holy Spirit from me.

12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
      and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
      Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryFreeman View Post
        (Isa 63:11 LITV) Then His people remembered the days past of Moses and His people, saying, Where is He who brought us up from the sea with the shepherd of His flock. Where is He who put His Holy Spirit within him;

Now I don't know about y'all.... But I was taught all my life that the Holy Spirit came to dwell within man after Jesus ascended.... Is it just me or does Isaiah seem to indicate otherwise?

Mary,

Here's what Peter wrote about it:
        I Peter 1
        10As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries,
        11seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow.
        12It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves, but you, in these things which now have been announced to you through those who preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven—things into which angels long to look.
        Yes?
        Grace and peace,

Billy-brown 2

I Peter 1:25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Comment

The study of the Holy Spirit in Old Testament times is a very interesting one...One I have enjoyed before.
          Such as Sampson, David and Saul....and some other lil surprises...

For this study use your Exhaustive Concordance (Holy Spirit) and list them and look up the passages and make some notes.

Very Very interesting study.

Comment

"But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment" (John 16:7-8).

"He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.'" But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified" (John 7:38-29).

Comment

This was before He Jesus ascended.
              John 20
              22 Then he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit. Acts 2 on the day of pentecost they were baptised in the Holy Spirit.

Comment

Working...
              X