Bobby Conner Battles Witch Coven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Conner Battles Witch Coven

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0-5agrSt64

I believe him. The way the man tells this story is to precise, to excited, I know the feeling of telling an amazing story that is true and this guy is on the level in my opinion.
    What do you think?

Re: Bobby Conner Battles Witch Coven

Do you have a point that has anything to do with Apologetics or Evangelism?

Visit our new website
    ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
    "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

I didnt know where else to put this.

Comment

As an ex witch I simply don't believe him.
        Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

Okay... I can fix that for you. Just wanted to make sure if you were coming at this from that angle or not. Let's get some Bible to all this and see what we come up with for you!

Visit our new website
          ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
          "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

I'm not sure what to say really. I've heard testimonies of this kind of thing before, but I've never witnessed such displays in person. I've seen miracles and healings. I've seen demons cast out. I've seen supernatural words of knowledge given by the Spirit and other such gifts. I've never seen someone suspended in mid-air or thrown against a wall by the Spirit of God. I'm not saying it won't happen. Just saying I've never seen it.

Not really much else I can say.
            "What you do does not define who you are; it's who you are that defines what you do."

-- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

Comment

There are a few things which make me dubious about this testimony.

1) He says, "I was in a meeting in one of the Northern States..." He gives us no way of checking on his story, there is no specific detail as to what kind of meeting it was, or where it was.
              2) "A coven of witches marched in and stood around the wall..." A coven would not operate like that... they don't go in for direct confrontation. If they were in fact bothered by the meeting they would have dealt with it privately, rather than head on, partly because they wouldn't want to risk a public failure, but also because most of what they do is in a private sphere.
              3) "Who's the leader? And this lady says, 'well, I am...'" Witches don't have "leaders" as such. There might be a "High Priestess", but no witch would identify themselves as "leader" of a coven, since they are supposed to be egalitarian groups. There might be inner and outer "cords" or "rings", but there wouldn't be a heirarchy in the way this man is suggesting. He keeps reiterating the fact that this woman is the "leader", and says he asks the other witches if "this is your leader." They all say, "yes." Again, this simply wouldn't happen. Even if the woman was the "High Priestess" nobody would refer to her as leader.
              4) He claims the witch says that they are there to "shut down the meeting." He tells her that she has no authority to shut down the meeting. That's true, she would have no authority to shut down a Christian meeting... but the thing is, she would know that, and as I said above, no witch worth their salt would even consider blatantly going into a Christian meeting to "shut it down." Public failure would be too great a risk.
              5) He has this group of people who are all in desperate need of the gospel, and the message he proclaims to them is, "you can't hurt me, but I can hurt you." If he was being led by the Holy Spirit I think he might have had something different to say to her. To all intents and purposes he's telling her that her magick isn't as strong as his "magick"... he's reduced the power of God to a weapon.
              6) He says "she does all her hexing (etc)". He doesn't describe what her hexing is... perhaps because it never happened. Also, he's claiming that there's an entire coven there, and only one of them is doing any "hexing"... In actual fact when a coven gets together it's always a communal effort. They would raise energy and work together for their "hexing." It's not the case that one person has all the power, and everyone else stands by the wall. This part of his story is suspiciously thin.
              7) He claims that he lifted his hand and "the Power of God hit this girl, and she went up against the wall. Her feet were almost as high as [his] head." This is another example of his reducing the Holy Spirit to a weapon... The description has more in common with the use of the Force in Star Wars than anything in Scripture.
              8) "She's screaming with an intensity you couldn't believe... she's screaming till she's solid blood red in the face... She looks like someone in an epileptic seizure... she's rolling and frothing like this..." Again, this is turning God into a weapon. So far in this testimony we haven't heard a word of the Gospel. It seems the focus is on "my God is a bigger stick to beat you with than your magick." This doesn't seem to be in line with Jesus' command to share the good news.
              9) He returns to theme of the people he claims are "following" her, and says that they can see she has "no power to resist Jesus..." Again, what happened to the Gospel?
              10) I do believe in words of knowledge, so it would be possible for him to know the girl's name, or that she'd been to a funeral, or the manner of her friend's death. However, he claims that "Sarah" had been away for two days, and came back white as a sheet and shaking, after being to the funeral of a member of her group. The implication of the story is that this death occurred between the "coven's" first visit and her return. Nobody kills themself in the Western world and is buried one or two days later. There would have been an inquest. This death, funeral, and return to the meeting are too quick to be believable.
              11) The nearest he gets to sharing the Gospel is in the last few moments, when he says, "Jesus gives you power, peace and joy." But at no point in this "testimony" has he shared the fact that Jesus died for the sins of "Sarah", he doesn't give any sign of love.

As well as the above points there are issues with his body language, but I'll leave that, as it would be considered subjective. In sum, I don't believe him because the coven he describes sounds more like something from a Pirelli novel than any coven I've ever heard of (or been part of) in the real world. The "hexing" by the "leader" doesn't follow legitimate magickal practices... perhaps a school girl who had watched too much Buffy the Vampire Slayer might try something like that, but I doubt such a babe in the woods would have any followers.

His description of sending the witch flying across the room stretches credulity. Yes, it could happen, there are miracles... but I was expecting him to say the girl's head started spinning while projecting green soup in every direction. I'm surprised he didn't say "the Power of Christ compels you..." God is not a weapon, and I can't see how this "display" communicated the love of Christ. He's basically presenting God as a bigger bully than the devil. The main point seems to be to reiterate his original point to the witches, "you can't hurt me, but I can hurt you." When Paul casts the demon out of the prophetess in the Book of Acts, he doesn't threaten her, he simply tells the demon to leave her, and it's gone.

The return of the girl after the suicide of her colleague is too neat... There would be no time for the death to be made known, the autopsy to follow, and the funeral, all in the space of a couple of days.

In other words, this is a story. I believe the man is consciously lying. This is a terrible shame, because the story of how God saves witches is far more interesting and dramatic than any of this Hollywood ripped off hocum.
              Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

Originally posted by BloodPardon View Post
                I believe him. The way the man tells this story is to precise, to excited, I know the feeling of telling an amazing story that is true and this guy is on the level in my opinion. What do you think?
                Good chance you are American so you probably know the story of "Natalee Holloway". When the alleged killer was caught in an hidden camera action I believed his story based on the same criteria as yours. Guess what? He lied.

Comment

Originally posted by daughter View Post
                  There are a few things which make me dubious about this testimony.

1) He says, "I was in a meeting in one of the Northern States..." He gives us no way of checking on his story, there is no specific detail as to what kind of meeting it was, or where it was.
                  2) "A coven of witches marched in and stood around the wall..." A coven would not operate like that... they don't go in for direct confrontation. If they were in fact bothered by the meeting they would have dealt with it privately, rather than head on, partly because they wouldn't want to risk a public failure, but also because most of what they do is in a private sphere.
                  3) "Who's the leader? And this lady says, 'well, I am...'" Witches don't have "leaders" as such. There might be a "High Priestess", but no witch would identify themselves as "leader" of a coven, since they are supposed to be egalitarian groups. There might be inner and outer "cords" or "rings", but there wouldn't be a heirarchy in the way this man is suggesting. He keeps reiterating the fact that this woman is the "leader", and says he asks the other witches if "this is your leader." They all say, "yes." Again, this simply wouldn't happen. Even if the woman was the "High Priestess" nobody would refer to her as leader.
                  4) He claims the witch says that they are there to "shut down the meeting." He tells her that she has no authority to shut down the meeting. That's true, she would have no authority to shut down a Christian meeting... but the thing is, she would know that, and as I said above, no witch worth their salt would even consider blatantly going into a Christian meeting to "shut it down." Public failure would be too great a risk.
                  5) He has this group of people who are all in desperate need of the gospel, and the message he proclaims to them is, "you can't hurt me, but I can hurt you." If he was being led by the Holy Spirit I think he might have had something different to say to her. To all intents and purposes he's telling her that her magick isn't as strong as his "magick"... he's reduced the power of God to a weapon.
                  6) He says "she does all her hexing (etc)". He doesn't describe what her hexing is... perhaps because it never happened. Also, he's claiming that there's an entire coven there, and only one of them is doing any "hexing"... In actual fact when a coven gets together it's always a communal effort. They would raise energy and work together for their "hexing." It's not the case that one person has all the power, and everyone else stands by the wall. This part of his story is suspiciously thin.
                  7) He claims that he lifted his hand and "the Power of God hit this girl, and she went up against the wall. Her feet were almost as high as [his] head." This is another example of his reducing the Holy Spirit to a weapon... The description has more in common with the use of the Force in Star Wars than anything in Scripture.
                  8) "She's screaming with an intensity you couldn't believe... she's screaming till she's solid blood red in the face... She looks like someone in an epileptic seizure... she's rolling and frothing like this..." Again, this is turning God into a weapon. So far in this testimony we haven't heard a word of the Gospel. It seems the focus is on "my God is a bigger stick to beat you with than your magick." This doesn't seem to be in line with Jesus' command to share the good news.
                  9) He returns to theme of the people he claims are "following" her, and says that they can see she has "no power to resist Jesus..." Again, what happened to the Gospel?
                  10) I do believe in words of knowledge, so it would be possible for him to know the girl's name, or that she'd been to a funeral, or the manner of her friend's death. However, he claims that "Sarah" had been away for two days, and came back white as a sheet and shaking, after being to the funeral of a member of her group. The implication of the story is that this death occurred between the "coven's" first visit and her return. Nobody kills themself in the Western world and is buried one or two days later. There would have been an inquest. This death, funeral, and return to the meeting are too quick to be believable.
                  11) The nearest he gets to sharing the Gospel is in the last few moments, when he says, "Jesus gives you power, peace and joy." But at no point in this "testimony" has he shared the fact that Jesus died for the sins of "Sarah", he doesn't give any sign of love.

As well as the above points there are issues with his body language, but I'll leave that, as it would be considered subjective. In sum, I don't believe him because the coven he describes sounds more like something from a Pirelli novel than any coven I've ever heard of (or been part of) in the real world. The "hexing" by the "leader" doesn't follow legitimate magickal practices... perhaps a school girl who had watched too much Buffy the Vampire Slayer might try something like that, but I doubt such a babe in the woods would have any followers.

His description of sending the witch flying across the room stretches credulity. Yes, it could happen, there are miracles... but I was expecting him to say the girl's head started spinning while projecting green soup in every direction. I'm surprised he didn't say "the Power of Christ compels you..." God is not a weapon, and I can't see how this "display" communicated the love of Christ. He's basically presenting God as a bigger bully than the devil. The main point seems to be to reiterate his original point to the witches, "you can't hurt me, but I can hurt you." When Paul casts the demon out of the prophetess in the Book of Acts, he doesn't threaten her, he simply tells the demon to leave her, and it's gone.

The return of the girl after the suicide of her colleague is too neat... There would be no time for the death to be made known, the autopsy to follow, and the funeral, all in the space of a couple of days.

In other words, this is a story. I believe the man is consciously lying. This is a terrible shame, because the story of how God saves witches is far more interesting and dramatic than any of this Hollywood ripped off hocum.

All great points, and the same gives me suspicion as well. My main issue with the story, aside from your point that the guy is claiming to use the power of God as a weapon, is the fact that if the lady was going into epileptic type seisures then this is obvious indication of demonic oppression and bondage. Instead of throwing the woman against the wall, why would God's power not be used to simply free the woman of such oppression?

Such freedom would certainly be more beneficial for leading these people to salvation rather than a mere knock upside the head. The story seems to be used more to draw people in to some fantasy world rather than a reality-based encounter with God. In short, I agree with your assessment.
                  "What you do does not define who you are; it's who you are that defines what you do."

-- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

Comment

Bobby has been watching too many horror movies, and has a fertile imagination. Entertaining guy. But the story is fabricated from his fertile imagination.

I don't think Holy Ghost telekinesis is listed anywhere in scripture?

Bobby also claims to see holograms from heaven and the holograms will transform into angels. He says the angels are sent to record his pulpit messages for him.

Comment

Lysergic Acid Diethylamide?!

Comment

Thanks for commenting Daughter!
                        Originally posted by Job 34:19
                        God is not partial to princes and does not favor the rich over the poor, for they are all the work of His hands.

Comment

Working...
                        X