John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

Jesus said in John 10:30 I and Father are one.

James 1:27 Pure religeon and undefiled before God and the Father is this,
    To visit the fatherless and widows in their affiction, and to keep himself
    unspotted from the world.

If what Jesus said that 'I and the Father are one' is true and I consider it
    to be true because he was the one riding in a white horse,and he that sat upon him was called Faithfull and True, and in righteousness he make judge and make war.

Who will be our God and Father mentioned in James 1:27?

Re: John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

Originally posted by knox knox View Post

to be true because he was the one riding in a white horse,and he that sat upon him was called Faithfull and True, and in righteousness he make judge and make war.

It depends on the meaning.

Jn 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
    Jn 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
    Jn 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Firstfruits

Comment

Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post
      It depends on the meaning.

Jn 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
      Jn 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
      Jn 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Firstfruits
      Okay, you're right but it did not answer my question, if I and the Father are one; who will be the "God and Father" mentioned in James 1:27?

Comment

Okay, you're right but it did not answer my question, if I and the Father are one; who will be the "God and Father" mentioned in James 1:27?
        I believe it does since we are one with Jesus as he is one with God.

Firstfruits

Comment

The Son has the spirit of the Father, they are of one accord.

We, when we are in obedience to Father's word have the spirit of the Son, we are of one accord with the Son, so we by love/obedience have the Holy Spirit of both the Son and His Father.

Yes it is that simple... to me
          Father bless.

Comment

God the Father is the architect of all things
            God the Son is the builder of all things
            God the Holy Spirit is the maintainer of all things

It's all "one" but there are different aspects to it BEING one.
            I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
            - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post
              I believe it does since we are one with Jesus as he is one with God.

Firstfruits
              So, if we are one with Jesus, and Jesus is one with God, do you mean that we are the God and Father? do I understand you right?

Comment

Originally posted by MoreMercy View Post
                The Son has the spirit of the Father, they are of one accord.

We, when we are in obedience to Father's word have the spirit of the Son, we are of one accord with the Son, so we by love/obedience have the Holy Spirit of both the Son and His Father.

Yes it is that simple... to me
                Father bless.
                Okay, you are right, but dig it deeper.
                Father bless.

Comment

Originally posted by Vhayes View Post
                  God the Father is the architect of all things
                  God the Son is the builder of all things
                  God the Holy Spirit is the maintainer of all things

It's all "one" but there are different aspects to it BEING one.
                  All right, but who among them is God and Father? as an answer to OP.
                  Thanks.

Comment

I don't understand what you are asking. God the Father is God the Father. He and God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are all one God in three distinct expressions.

God the Father planned.

There is no analogy that will ever be 100% accurate.
                    I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
                    - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Vhayes View Post
                      I don't understand what you are asking. God the Father is God the Father. He and God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are all one God in three distinct expressions.

God the Father planned.

There is no analogy that will ever be 100% accurate.
                      Here are some parallel or analog about my OP.
                      John 14: 9-10,20 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet
                      hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; how
                      sayest thou then, Show us thee Father.
                      v.10 Believe thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that
                      I speak not of my self: but the Father that dwelleth in me; he doeth the works.
                      v.20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
                      Rev.3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Hope this help.

Comment

Both Jesus and the Father are God (Deity, Divine).

Comment

What translation are you using. The issue you are having can most likely be solved by looking at a different translation for exmaple, here is James 1:27 in:
                          NIV: Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
                          NASB: Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.
                          NLT: Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
                          KJV: Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
                          ESV: Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.
                          NKJV: Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.
                          TNIV: Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

So it looks that only the KJV and NKJV are the only transltions that use this wording. So my suggestion if you cannot or do not use the Greek is to use a lot of different translations since no one translation is perfect or best. So if we look at the other translations you question and problem is solved, because they use God our Father, or God the Father. So it is not God and our Father but God our Father or God the Father. So that there is not a God and a Father but they are the same being.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch5 View Post
                            Both Jesus and the Father are God (Deity, Divine).
                            Right, you have a big points; are they one or two?

Comment

Originally posted by Uriel View Post
                              What translation are you using. The issue you are having can most likely be solved by looking at a different translation for exmaple, here is James 1:27 in:
                              NIV: Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
                              NASB: Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.
                              NLT: Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
                              KJV: Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
                              ESV: Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.
                              NKJV: Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.
                              TNIV: Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

So it looks that only the KJV and NKJV are the only transltions that use this wording. So my suggestion if you cannot or do not use the Greek is to use a lot of different translations since no one translation is perfect or best. So if we look at the other translations you question and problem is solved, because they use God our Father, or God the Father. So it is not God and our Father but God our Father or God the Father. So that there is not a God and a Father but they are the same being.
                              I used NKJV but all the translation you give is almost of the same with a little bit difference but God and Father which was my OP in no way was not altered.
                              For me being born in a third world country, maybe do not need to learn Greek language because the Comforter which is the Holy Spirit shall teach us the truth.
                              Your last sentence are near the right answer.
                              Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X