I need a verse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a verse...

I am sending a card to an elderly woman who is getting tired in this life. I have a card to send her but for the life of me, I can't think of a verse to put in it. Any ideas? Thank you ahead of time.
    .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Re: I need a verse...

Isaiah 40:30 Now youths shall become tired and weary, and young men shall stumble. But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Comment

Fenris, thank you. I am wondering how much running she will do at 89 years old.. except into the arms of her Savior.

I love your signature and every time I see it, I am reminded to pray for Jerusalem.

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
      .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris View Post
        Isaiah 40:30 Now youths shall become tired and weary, and young men shall stumble. But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
        Exactly what I'd have said. I would rep you but apparently I have to spread the love around first... need to get back in the habit of giving reps out.
        24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
        I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
        I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
        1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Comment

Originally posted by tango View Post
          Exactly what I'd have said. I would rep you but apparently I have to spread the love around first... need to get back in the habit of giving reps out.
          Don't worry. I repped him for you. And I gave you the credit for it.
          This IGNORE button is by far one of the most useful tools I've used to keep my peace while navigating through some of the madness.

Comment

I repped Fenris for you as well...a double honor on your behalf!

Now back to my need:
            Is that verse OK to send someone who may be on their deathbed? She has been in a nursing home for some time and she appears to be winding down as what is normal when our life has been fulfilled....

Comment

The one (three) that comes to mind is:

John 14:1-3

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

I thought there was one about "even in thine old age" but I could not find it on Google.
              "What then? ſhal we ſinne, becauſe we are not vnder the Law, but vnder grace? God forbid."

Romaines vi.15 - 1560 Geneva Bible

Comment

Originally posted by tango View Post
                It is a beautiful promise by God, isn't it?

Comment

I like the verse that Fenris suggested. To me it's talking about perseverance and not necessarily literally running.

Here's another one.

Isaiah 46:4 (NIV) “Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.”

or here it is in the Living Bible translation

Isaiah 46:3b-4a LB "I have created you and cared for you since you were born. I will be your God through all your lifetime, Yes, even when your hair is white with age. I made you and I will care for you.”
                  sigpic
                  ".....it's your nickel"

Comment

I love every one of these verses and I thank you all so much. I have enough room on the card to put a few of them! Her daughter will be reading them to her when she gets the card. Thanks again!

Comment

Jayne,

Isaiah 46:4 was the one I was looking for. Thank you for posting it.
                      "What then? ſhal we ſinne, becauſe we are not vnder the Law, but vnder grace? God forbid."

Romaines vi.15 - 1560 Geneva Bible

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris View Post
                        It is a beautiful promise by God, isn't it?
                        It certainly is!
                        24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
                        I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
                        I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
                        1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Comment

We have all known and have been influenced by people like Peter. Every one of us has our “hero” that we have looked up to through the years. Perhaps it was a parent that was your hero, or an uncle/aunt, or grandparent. Perhaps it was a helpful teacher or an encouraging coach. Perhaps it was a preacher, or pastor, or a silver-haired saint.

Eliyah

Comment

Working...
                          X