1 Samuel 16: 1-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Samuel 16: 1-13

I am starting a new bible study today and am confused on how to answer most of the things that it's asking. Please help me with this. I have invited some more people, and I don't want to look like I didn't study this by not answering anything. But I don't know or understand how to answer these questions. The bible study doesn't study for another 4 & a half hours, but a friend is coming over early, so I only have about 3 hours to complete this. I really have to work on not being a procrastinator!!! But I can't help running short on time sometimes when I have so much that has to be done.

I don't have time to quote the scripture, so you all will need to look it up.

The first part refers to 1 Samuel 16:6-10.
    The first question goes like this.....God ________the _________ regions of the ________. I don't have any idea what is supposed to go in these blanks from what I read in the scripture this questions refers to.

Second question ____________ and ___________ provide a false sense of _____________.

Third question -- The recesses of the __________________cannot escape God's intense examination.

I guess the answers to 2 and 3 are also in 1 Samuel 16:6-10, but I don't have a clue how to answer them.

The second section covers 1 Samuel 16:12-13. I guess that is where the answers to these questions come from.

The heart must be _________________at all ____________________.

Why do you think God would reject Eliab as king?

God relentlessly _____________ the heart that desires Him

God is ____________by a heart fully alive.

Re: 1 Samuel 16: 1-13

Originally posted by *Living~By~Faith* View Post
    I am starting a new bible study today and am confused on how to answer most of the things that it's asking. Please help me with this. I have invited some more people, and I don't want to look like I didn't study this by not answering anything. But I don't know or understand how to answer these questions. The bible study doesn't study for another 4 & a half hours, but a friend is coming over early, so I only have about 3 hours to complete this. I really have to work on not being a procrastinator!!! But I can't help running short on time sometimes when I have so much that has to be done.

I don't have time to quote the scripture, so you all will need to look it up.

The first part refers to 1 Samuel 16:6-10.
    The first question goes like this.....God ________the _________ regions of the ________. I don't have any idea what is supposed to go in these blanks from what I read in the scripture this questions refers to.

Second question ____________ and ___________ provide a false sense of _____________.

Third question -- The recesses of the __________________cannot escape God's intense examination.

I guess the answers to 2 and 3 are also in 1 Samuel 16:6-10, but I don't have a clue how to answer them.

The second section covers 1 Samuel 16:12-13. I guess that is where the answers to these questions come from.

The heart must be _________________at all ____________________.

Why do you think God would reject Eliab as king?

God relentlessly _____________ the heart that desires Him

God is ____________by a heart fully alive.
    It's hard to tell what exact words fill in the blanks. However, I think the questions are leading the student to consider the difference between the way man judges a person, i.e. by the appearance, and the way God judges a person, i.e. by the heart of a person. For example, notice verse 7,
    But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."
    Perhaps, then, the answer to the third question is,

The recesses of the heart cannot escape God's intense examination.

Comment

Re: 1 Samuel 16: 1-13

Thanks for your help. The leader went over the answers that went in the blanks for us. This bible study seems to be a bit harder than the last one, but I think it will be interesting as we deep into talking about David and developing a heart like David.

Comment

Working...
      X