Do you have your white garment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have your white garment?

Revelations 17:15) Behold, I come as a theif, Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame

lest he walk naked- many people in todayís world have no shame for their sin, but are content living in it! 2 Peter 2:21) For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.)) Many people know the command and donít follow it. Hebrews 10:29) Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?)) Does God take sin lightly? No!
    How does keeping your garment relate to watching? Matthew 5:20) For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.))
    What does the garment represent? The clothing of righteous living.

What causes people to lose their garments? Perverse sinning. When people choose willfully to sin, they are acting out in rebellion and disobedience. Perverse sin is an abomination. If even wrong thoughts constitute as sin, how much more is the action itself? When people choose to sin, arenít they choosing rebellion over obedience? Defilement over purity? Revelation 3:4) Thou hast
    few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garment; and they shall walk with me in white; for they are worthy)) For what cause is sin acceptable? Proverbs 20:11) Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right.)) Make no mistake, we are held accountable for our actions, 2 Corinthians 5:10) For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.)) Obtaining the garment is a must, for with out such how can you walk with Christ or enter the kingdom?
    Matthew 22:10-14)
    10)So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
    11)And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
    12)And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither
    not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
    13)Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and
    cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
    14)For many are called, but few are chosen.
    Many walk without garments and donít know it! Do you have yours?
    How does speech have an impact on keeping the garment? James 3:8) But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison)) Proverbs 13:3) He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction.))

In Christ alone

While agreeing with your sentiments I am unable to agree with your theology.

The only garment that can make me ready to stand before the judgment is the righteousness of Christ (2 Corinthians 5.21). See also 1 Peter 1.1-2 - where we are to be sanctified unto the obedience of Jesus Christ; 1 Corinthians 1.30 - where Christ is made unto us righteousness.

That anyone who has responded to Christ must reveal it in their lives we do not deny. As Jesus said, 'Why do you call me Lord, Lord and do not do the things which I say'. To claim to have received Christ and His Holy Spirit and not to be a changed person is a contradiction in terms (2 Corinthians 5.17).

But I for one, having experienced a long life, would not want to rely on my own rightousness. The older I get the more I recognise that next to Paul I am the chief of sinners (whatever others might say).

Certainly at the marriage of the Lamb we will be wearing the righteousnesses of the saints, but none of us could stand for one moment if that was all that we had to rely on.

As I prepare to meet my Maker I hold the position of the old puritan who was asked, 'Do you believe in the perseverance of the saints' and replied, 'No, I believe in the perseverance of the Saviour.'

'He Who has begun a good work in me will confim it until the Day of Jesus Christ'. Philippians 1.6. Therein lies my hope.

Comment

Originally posted by copper25 View Post
      Revelations 17:15) Behold, I come as a theif, Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame

lest he walk naked- many people in todayís world have no shame for their sin, but are content living in it! 2 Peter 2:21) For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.)) Many people know the command and donít follow it. Hebrews 10:29) Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?)) Does God take sin lightly? No!
      How does keeping your garment relate to watching? Matthew 5:20) For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.))
      What does the garment represent? The clothing of righteous living.

What causes people to lose their garments? Perverse sinning. When people choose willfully to sin, they are acting out in rebellion and disobedience. Perverse sin is an abomination. If even wrong thoughts constitute as sin, how much more is the action itself? When people choose to sin, arenít they choosing rebellion over obedience? Defilement over purity? Revelation 3:4) Thou hast few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garment; and they shall walk with me in white; for they are worthy)) For what cause is sin acceptable? Proverbs 20:11) Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right.)) Make no mistake, we are held accountable for our actions, 2 Corinthians 5:10) For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.)) Obtaining the garment is a must, for with out such how can you walk with Christ or enter the kingdom?
      10)So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
      11)And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
      12)And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
      13)Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
      How does speech have an impact on keeping the garment? James 3:8) But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison)) Proverbs 13:3) He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction.))

I've never 'earned' my wedding garment nor have I done enough good works to warrant Him handing it to me nor have I 'payed' enough to buy it from Him.. It's His Gift to me .. the Gift of Righteousness and the White wedding Garment represents that.. as its described in the book of Revelation... He clothes me with His Righteousness.. that is trusting In Him and believing on His atoning Work on that bloody tree.. for which He is Worthy to receive all praise and glory........

When I see my Redeemer face to face..the Only True Living God.. God in the flesh.. Jesus the Christ... the One who gave His life a Ransom for me .......and those He has known since the foundation of the world.. I will thank Him for His Gift and His wedding Garment.. and I will also lay any rewards (crowns) that I may have attained on this planet for following Him .. at His NAIL SCARRED feet..and say to Him.. Thou art worthy...and You alone to wear these.....
      Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
      ------------------------------------------------
      Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
      The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
      Jeremiah 31:3

Comment

I'm not sure about the OP's interpretation. The first thing that comes to mind is that the high priest entered the holy of holy's sans his authoriative God-prosctibed dressings, clothed humbly with only a white tunic. The idea was that a high priest of Israel had no authority before God, and was to enter with the utmost of humility before God.

Well for me anyway, my position before Yeshua is on my face in humility, thankful with all my heart, soul and mind that He gave me an undeserved pardon, paid in His own humility and blood that I could never, ever earn even a morsel of. His table scraps are too good for me, yet He promised me much more. That's my 'white garment'.
        Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

Originally posted by keck553 View Post

Well for me anyway, my position before Yeshua is on my face in humility, thankful with all my heart, soul and mind that He gave me an undeserved pardon, paid in His own humility and blood that I could never, ever earn even a morsel of. His table scraps are too good for me, yet He promised me much more. That's my 'white garment'.

Amen, our righteousness is as filthy rags.

Comment

Originally posted by copper25 View Post

12)And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither
            not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
            13)Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and
            cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I think this portion says much.

We do not now have our own righteousness, through faith we stand under the righteousness of Christ. It is not until we are judged, and if worthy, we receive our own righteousness.

The passage of the wedding guests above speaks of being clothed with Christ, not our own righteousness. When the guest is not wearing the proper attire, it shows he is not prepared for the banquet and is turned away into utter darkness - away from the light. This is a parable of judgment, not righteousness.
            Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
            Not second or third, but first.
            Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
            when He is the source of all hope,
            when His love is received and freely given,
            holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
            will all other things be added unto to you.

Comment

Concerning the white garment

The Bible says:those who are invited to the wedding banquet of the Lamb are dressed in white linen, pure and clean. The linen is the righteousness of the saints (Rev19:7-8). What is the wedding banquet of the Lamb? Jesus is the Lamb (Jn1:29). Jesus the Son of GOD is the word of GOD (Heb11:3, 1:1-2). The linen is the righteousness of the saints: the LORD is our righteousness (Jer33:14-16). That means: to speak the word of GOD in the Holy Spirit, it is our righteousness and white linen.

Revelation 7:13-14 say: these who are robed in white have washed their clothes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. What does this mean? How can we wash our clothes in the blood of the Lamb today? The blood is life in the Bible (Deut12:23). Life is a breath (Job7:7). Therefore, as we speak the word of GOD in the Holy Spirit, the breath of the word is the blood and our life. So, the Bible says: blessed are those who wash their robes so that they will have the right to the tree of life (Rev22:14).

The Bible says: buy white garment from Jesus to clothe ourselves so that we will not be found naked (Rev3:18). If we are invited to His wedding banquet, are we ready to go?

Comment

In the study of Job I have come to understand there are two kinds of righteousness. One is the righteousness of man apart from God, and the other, the righteousness of God.

The argument for the righteousness of man.

Ezekiel 3:20-21 "Again, when a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, an I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul."

The stumblingblock spoken of here is Jesus.

Romans 9:33 "As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence; and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed."

Only those that are in Christ are a witness for Christ, thus we deliver our soul by being in Christ.

The righteousness of man is only good as long as we remain righteous which we know is impossible.

Job 29:14 "I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment was as a robe and a diadem."

Job said, his righteousness was a robe and a crown, and it clothed him.

Job's righteousness was not unto salvation, as we see in the book of Job.

Job 27:6 "My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go: my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live."

Job did not hold onto his righteousness, and his heart did reproach him.

Job 42:6 "Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes."

God explains to Job how he cannot save himself.

Job 40:14 "Then will I also confess unto thee that thine own right hand can save thee."

In the 33 chapter of Job, God tells Job through Elihu, why Job suffered, and the fact that Job's soul was close to going into the pit. He also explains to Job about the necessity of a witness(similar to Ezekiel 3:20),and the fact of a ransom. And because of the ransom, he shall be born again.

There is a robe for rewards that is of man, and there is a robe of Christ that is unto salvation.

Comment

Originally posted by tgallison View Post

There is a robe for rewards that is of man, and there is a robe of Christ that is unto salvation.
                  True, but only one saves as you so well laid out. Hence the parable of the wedding guests shows so well. So many invited, so few allowed.

Comment

Yes I have my garment. It was provided by Christ and I had to do nothing to earn it. (Eph 2:8,9)

Comment

Ephesians 2
                      8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faithóand this not from yourselves, it is the gift of Godó 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
                      That is salvation, and the white robes are righteousness.

None of us have our own righteousness now.

Romans 3
                      21But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, 23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement,through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunishedó 26he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.
                      Galatians 2
                      15"We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners' 16know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified. 17"If, while we seek to be justified in Christ, it becomes evident that we ourselves are sinners, does that mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not! 18If I rebuild what I destroyed, I prove that I am a lawbreaker. 19For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. 20I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"
                      Phillippians 3
                      7But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christóthe righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. 10I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.
                      Romans 8
                      22We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? 25But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
                      What we have now is by faith, that we believe in the promise of the resurrection from the dead is true. At judgment we will be pronounced worthy of adoption of sons and daughters of the Father. Until then - we are under Christ, by whom we are seen as worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by threebigrocks View Post
                        Ephesians 2

None of us have our own righteousness now.

Salvation and righteousness are simultaneous. Righteousness is imputed to us when we put our trust in Christ for salvation.

"Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all, (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were. Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be. And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb: He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification." Romans 4:16-25

Comment

Originally posted by Sold Out View Post
                          Salvation and righteousness are simultaneous. Righteousness is imputed to us when we put our trust in Christ for salvation.

"Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all, (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were. Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be. And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb: He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification." Romans 4:16-25

Good post! they go hand in hand... When God the Father looks at His Children ... even when they are still alive on this planet.. He sees the Completed work of Calvary covering them.. His Son's pure blood.. that's God's Righteousness..not ours that we have earned or attained or bought.. but God Himself purchased it for us.. His free Gift.. Its the ONLY Righteouness that will get you into Heaven...

Its His Righteousness that protects us when the accuser of the brethern comes before the Father and accuses the Saints day and night.. when satan accuses the Father that His children are worthy of death because of their mistakes as a Christian.. God the Father looks and sees the Blood and His Righteousness covering His children He purchased and He tells satan.. "begone Satan.. they are covered!.. begone with you..."

Remeber.. Jesus has taken and controls the Keys to death hell and the grave.. and he took the power of death that satan away from him when He went to the cross and arose from the dead....

thats why He said... 'IT IS FINISHED!"
                          Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
                          Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
                          The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
                          Jeremiah 31:3

Comment

Working...
                          X