Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attracting Godly Men.... (moved from GIC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attracting Godly Men.... (moved from GIC)

As an off shoot from the "dressing modestly" thread, as a modestly dressed Christian single woman, how am I supposed to get the attentions of a Godly man when he is visually attracted to the lady at the other end of the pew who's showing off her wares? Men are visual, after all, and the nature of the beast is to want to mate with the most attractive mate they can. How can Miss Modest get his attention in a godly way?
    My Blog
    Pentecostal Distinctives
    Easter minus the Bunny, Eggs, and Chocolate
    Pentecost: the Forgotten Holy Day
    Pentecostal Emotionalism or Worship?
    Baptism in the Holy Spirit
    Christians and Vegetarianism/Veganism

Re: Attracting Godly Men...

What makes you think that someone who is attracted to the lady at the other end of the pew who's "showing off her wares" is a Godly man?

Seems like the evidence would mitigate against that conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbiKnife View Post
      What makes you think that someone who is attracted to the lady at the other end of the pew who's "showing off her wares" is a Godly man?

Seems like the evidence would mitigate against that conclusion.
      Not necessarily. Studies have proven that the nature of the beast -- for both men and women -- is to desire the most attractive mate possible. So, even a godly man is going to seek the most attractive woman for a mate.
      My Blog
      Pentecostal Distinctives

Comment

Originally posted by Frecs View Post
        Not necessarily. Studies have proven that the nature of the beast -- for both men and women -- is to desire the most attractive mate possible. So, even a godly man is going to seek the most attractive woman for a mate.
        Patently untrue. Physical attractiveness is highly overrated when seeking a mate. If you believe this myth, then you believe inherently in the theory of evolution, survival of the fittest, and the fact that man in nothing more than a highly intelligent animal that is controlled by his baser instincts.

Godliness is the exact opposite of carnality.

Comment

This is going to sound corny but honestly when I fell in love with my wife it started with long conversations. Going out together with friends from church. Yes she is beautiful. But she never felt she needed to show off her beauty just to attract someone. The love she had for Jesus was just really impressive to me.
          This IGNORE button is by far one of the most useful tools I've used to keep my peace while navigating through some of the madness.

Comment

Originally posted by -SEEKING- View Post
            This is going to sound corny but honestly when I fell in love with my wife it started with long conversations. Going out together with friends from church. Yes she is beautiful. But she never felt she needed to show off her beauty just to attract someone. The love she had for Jesus was just really impressive to me.
            I'm not going to let you off the hook quite so easily!! What was it that got your attention? What made you look her way? What made you talk to her so that you had the chance to have those long conversations?
            My Blog
            Pentecostal Distinctives

Comment

Patently untrue. Physical attractiveness is highly overrated when seeking a mate. If you believe this myth, then you believe inherently in the theory of evolution, survival of the fittest, and the fact that man in nothing more than a highly intelligent animal that is controlled by his baser instincts.

Godliness is the exact opposite of carnality.
              Poo.

Now, as I asked Seeking.... what made you look at the woman who is your wife for the first time? What lead you to go up to her and introduce yourself? What was it that you were reacting to that made you think "ummm...nice"? HONEST. No religious bull patties.
              My Blog
              Pentecostal Distinctives

Comment

I'm not going to let you off the hook quite so easily!! What was it that got your attention? What made you look her way? What made you talk to her so that you had the chance to have those long conversations?
                Same for me and my wife. We were dear friends for years before we ever even considered dating. We were introduced in college by a another friend. I didn't "look her way." I was introduced to someone who was smart, charming, honest, and friendly. I did not think "Nice butt. Little flat chested, but 36DDs just droop down to your waste by age 60 anyway. Good legs, too."

Please. You may have been sold a bill of goods by man-hating feminists, man-hating Christian feminists, or carnal lustful men, but believe it or not, every man is not out looking for a sex partner first and a Godly companion second.

It is insulting and pitiful to make that assumption.\

Comment

God sends to you the man or woman you desire of Him. If you do the attracting you may attract someone God didn't send. God will put in the heart all the desire necessary when the right one enters your life and in his as well.

For the cause of Christ
                  Roger

Comment

Well we sat next to each other or close to each other a few times after youth service. We all used to go out and eat after the Friday night service. There were quite a few good looking girls in church. I'm not going to deny I didn't notice them. But when we talked about the bible in those groups I could tell that her belief was authentic. It was real to her. It wasn't just a religion. She had been in church for a few years before I showed up and stole her heart. And believe me she was warned about me, since I was so new to the faith. But almost 16 years later, I think we've proved them wrong.
                    This IGNORE button is by far one of the most useful tools I've used to keep my peace while navigating through some of the madness.

Comment

Poo.

Now, as I asked Seeking.... what made you look at the woman who is your wife for the first time? What lead you to go up to her and introduce yourself? What was it that you were reacting to that made you think "ummm...nice"? HONEST. No religious bull patties.
                      Your God must be weaker than mine.

You believe in humankind that is a rutting animal.
                      I believe in humankind that is the greatest of all of God's creation.

Guess we won't reach an agreement on this one. If you view all men as you have defined them in this thread, happy hunting.
                      You generally get what you seek.

Comment

On the other hand, I'm wondering how this is taking place sitting in the pew.
                        Isn't the purpose of modest dress for preventing the exact thing that you're suggesting? How to draw attention to you.

If the man seems attracted to another woman while sitting in a pew, he is not Godly. (at least not in this instance).

And at the same time, if your mind is on attracting the attention of this man, while sitting in the pew, are you being Godly?

I would rather you think of how to attract attention in a social gathering, where the purpose is socializing, rather than a church service where the purpose is....?
                        Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Same for me and my wife. We were dear friends for years before we ever even considered dating. We were introduced in college by a another friend. I didn't "look her way." I was introduced to someone who was smart, charming, honest, and friendly. I did not think "Nice butt. Little flat chested, but 36DDs just droop down to your waste by age 60 anyway. Good legs, too."

Please. You may have been sold a bill of goods by man-hating feminists, man-hating Christian feminists, or carnal lustful men, but believe it or not, every man is not out looking for a sex partner first and a Godly companion second.

It is insulting and pitiful to make that assumption.\
                          You are making assumptions. Now, stop being insulted and help the single Christian ladies who are going to read this thread figure out how they can meet that "godly husband" everyone tells her to look for at church rather than out in the world. Be practical. Use scripture if possible. But, rather than call people "man-hating feminists" talk to us like the women worth of respect we are.
                          My Blog
                          Pentecostal Distinctives

Comment

Originally posted by notuptome View Post
                            God sends to you the man or woman you desire of Him. If you do the attracting you may attract someone God didn't send. God will put in the heart all the desire necessary when the right one enters your life and in his as well.

For the cause of Christ
                            Roger
                            That sounds all nice and religious and such....but it doesn't help a 30-something-single woman who feels like no godly men want her because she isn't flashing all she's got.
                            My Blog
                            Pentecostal Distinctives

Comment

Originally posted by -SEEKING- View Post
                              Well we sat next to each other or close to each other a few times after youth service. We all used to go out and eat after the Friday night service. There were quite a few good looking girls in church. I'm not going to deny I didn't notice them. But when we talked about the bible in those groups I could tell that her belief was authentic. It was real to her. It wasn't just a religion. She had been in church for a few years before I showed up and stole her heart. And believe me she was warned about me, since I was so new to the faith. But almost 16 years later, I think we've proved them wrong.
                              Thank you for not denying that you looked at the available pool of single girls! But, you were attracted to her genuine faith. That's good. Do you think that a majority of Christian men would be attracted to a lady who may not be as physically attractive but who's faith is genuine?
                              My Blog
                              Pentecostal Distinctives

Comment

Working...
                              X