False Teachers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False Teachers

It seems like everywhere you look on TV there are false teachers. I can't give out names ( because for some reason you aren't allowed to speak out against ministers here ), but some of you probably know who i'm talking about. Mostly you see all of the false teachers/ prophets on the tele-thons to " Pimp God " basically and promise if you give X amount of money you'll get a miracle.

Now, I know about sowing and reaping, and I know God blesses his people, but alot of these televangelists manipulate the word of God for their own gain. Go search on youtube and you will get some pretty good videos that expose these " gospel of greed " preachers and teachers.

Read 1 Timothy 4

Re: False Teachers

It's not the oldest game on the book but it's a little over 2000 years old!

Comment

I think you already discussed this. Is a second thread really necessary?
      This IGNORE button is by far one of the most useful tools I've used to keep my peace while navigating through some of the madness.

Comment

All false teachers are not found on TV.

Many are found on the internet in various forums.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbiKnife View Post
          All false teachers are not found on TV.

Many are found on the internet in various forums.
          What's that supposed to mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Punchy View Post
            Exactly what it says.

Comment

That false teachers aren't limited to the tube.
              This IGNORE button is by far one of the most useful tools I've used to keep my peace while navigating through some of the madness.

Comment

It means beware of all you read on forums.
                Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Originally posted by -SEEKING- View Post
                  That false teachers aren't limited to the tube.
                  Tried to rep you for your avatar... can't yet. So... COOL avatar!
                  Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
                    Tried to rep you for your avatar... can't yet. So... COOL avatar!
                    Thanks. For your kindness, I have repped you.

Comment

How come when I post on here, nobody takes my topics seriously? Every time I make a topic it ALWAYS gets off topic. All I wanted to do is have a discussion with other christians and I'm seen as a joke.

Comment

What do you expect to get out of this? Yes there are phony preachers. Yes there are phony teachers. Yes there are phony politicians. Yes there are phony employees. It happens everywhere. Guess what? They'll have to answer to God. If you don't trust them, don't send them money. It's really that simple.

Comment

RE: False teachers

"There is nothing new under the sun"

- Solomon

Comment

Punchy,

What are you for?

False teachers are bad (as I am sure all who have posted to this thread agree).

What are you for though? Maybe you would be better served to talk about that.

Blessings,
                            * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
                            ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......
                            ....Live your life the same way.... ~ *

Please pray for the 'Persecuted Church'.

Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."

Comment

Punchy, you do realize that by talking about these men you are continuing to keep their names/methods/"gifts" in the spotlight, right?

Rather than dwell on the negatives and all that people do wrong, pray for these men & women, pray for their victims that their eyes be opened and leave the rest to the Holy Spirit. Then, praise God for all that is good.

Philippians 4
                              8 - Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.
                              I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
                              - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                              X