This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Likemindedness....

As much as I dislike labels, I will use a few within this post in an effort to find folks who hold to similar doctrines and who are interested in participating in a bible study... Although the Romans thread that PP started a few weeks ago was a good effort, it may be a bit better if we had a thread that did less debate and more exploration... in an effort to become like-minded in sound doctrine.

So anyone here follow a reformed, God sovereign in all and in every thing, secure salvation [POTS or OSAS], grace by faith by God's gifting..., through the regeneration of a sinful man and maybe a few other characteristics... and would like to pick the Romans study back up?

2 Corinthians 13:11 Finally, brethren, rejoice, be made complete, be comforted, be like-minded, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.

For His glory...
    "Enter by the Narrow Gate...
    Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way...
    ... there are few who find it."

-----------------------------------------------

* All Scripture when quoted is taken from:

The New American Standard Bible®,
    Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973,
    1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation
    Used by permission." (www.Lockman.org)

Italics, bold, color and/or underline are added for emphasis

No Arminians allowed?
    Blessings,

Road Warrior

Proverbs 4:23
    23 Guard your heart above all else,
    for it determines the course of your life.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadWarrior View Post
      No Arminians allowed?
      I don't think he is saying that, I think he's just looking for people on this board that are more closely related to his beliefs. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Besides, if you want to get REALLY technical (which, whoever does?), Arminianism is Reformed - Jacob Arminius was a Calvinist that disagreed with Calvin's soteriology. He agreed with everything else - it's only in the somewhat modern age (1700's on) that we've attributed John Calvin and Jacob Arminius solely to soteriological issues. This has caused us to lose out on a great vat of information that Calvin supplied on non-soteriological issues.

As for me, I hold to the doctrines of grace. Jonathan Edwards is my homeboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeemed by Grace View Post
        As much as I dislike labels, I will use a few within this post in an effort to find folks who hold to similar doctrines and who are interested in participating in a bible study... Although the Romans thread that PP started a few weeks ago was a good effort, it may be a bit better if we had a thread that did less debate and more exploration... in an effort to become like-minded in sound doctrine.

So anyone here follow a reformed, God sovereign in all and in every thing, secure salvation [POTS or OSAS], grace by faith by God's gifting..., through the regeneration of a sinful man and maybe a few other characteristics... and would like to pick the Romans study back up?

2 Corinthians 13:11 Finally, brethren, rejoice, be made complete, be comforted, be like-minded, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.

For His glory...
        I can sympathize Rbg. I would love to see the Romans study an effort to become like-minded in sound doctrine. Is that even remotely possible? I would hope that it could be, and yes, I too would like to pick the Romans study up again.

Many Blessings,
        RW

Comment

Originally posted by apothanein kerdos View Post
          As for me, I hold to the doctrines of grace. Jonathan Edwards is my homeboy.
          Okay AK, this is a good beginning. Can you elaborate on the doctrines of grace as you and JE understand them?

Many Blessings,
          RW

Comment

Originally posted by RogerW View Post
            Okay AK, this is a good beginning. Can you elaborate on the doctrines of grace as you and JE understand them?

Many Blessings,
            RW

Well, calling it the "doctrines of grace" is the cowards way of getting around using the term "calvinism" or "reformed."

I guess I wanted to avoid the label.

Comment

This will not bring me popularity I am sure: but it concerns me that you want to study a Bible book through a pre-established lense of doctrine, as opposed to studying the Bible to see what it says for itself.

There are many new Christians here on this board. They are bound to be affected by any particular bent being set up and taught exclusively in any thread.

Seek to know God in His fullness, and all will be edified. Seek to know only one aspect of God and all will be turned aside from the straight path toward Him.
              Blessings,

Road Warrior

Proverbs 4:23
              23 Guard your heart above all else,
              for it determines the course of your life.

Comment

This isn't going to happen.

To be of one like mind is for all within the body to be of one like mind in Christ, not according to our definitions of what we each individually believe. All are welcomed. Reformed, Armenian - insert what doctrine you choose - we aren't going to cause this division openly.

The existing Romans thread will do fine for discussion. If you wish to branch off of that into a specific line of thought or portion of scripture that's fantastic. But no need to draw a line between us here.

This thread is closed. Any questions, please start a thread in the Chat to the Moderators forum.
                Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
                Not second or third, but first.
                Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
                when He is the source of all hope,
                when His love is received and freely given,
                holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
                will all other things be added unto to you.

Comment

Working...
                X