Can a unsaved be saved in Hell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a unsaved be saved in Hell?

Ok this has been brothering me today, i had it going though my mind.

Can a unsaved seconds,mins, going in to Hell, who never heard anything about God be saved in hell and how would they?

Unsaved that know all about God, but said no in earth would have 100% no chance right?

I was thinking Jesus took laz from Hell and wondered if the same thing would happen? cant recall the verses.
    Would unsaved who never heard God go to Paradise in Hell? like the others did? and stay there?
    Is paradise still there?
    NT not apply to them because they heard nothing from it?

I be thankfull for verses thxs.

Yours Peter
    Yes only if never heard the word
    3.54%
    Yes
    7.08%
    I think no
    20.35%
    No i have verses
    45.13%
    Unsaved would go to paradise(never heard the word)
    5.31%
    Think depending how bad they was would go to paradise in Hell
    3.54%
    Well what can i say diffent levels in Hell
    3.54%
    Yes i have verses
    3.54%
    Hmm tough call
    7.96%

I moved this thread to World Religions because it has UR implications. Feel free to discuss it here

Comment

Peter, I've noticed that in many of your posts you continually ask if people can be saved after they die. I think Hebrews 9:27 can't say it any more plainly -- "it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment". After we die it is too late.

Just curious as to why you keep questioning this.
      We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised. 1 Corinthians 4:10

Comment

i had to laugh that someone voted for every single option hahaha

I agree with Scripture and GodsOwnFool on this
        Originally posted by Job 34:19
        God is not partial to princes and does not favor the rich over the poor, for they are all the work of His hands.

Comment

Originally posted by GodsOwnFool View Post
          Peter, I've noticed that in many of your posts you continually ask if people can be saved after they die. I think Hebrews 9:27 can't say it any more plainly -- "it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment". After we die it is too late.

Just curious as to why you keep questioning this.

That judgement could mean something else if its there right to go to paradise or not? or to Heaven if they never heard the word?
          I need verses that say otherwise.

I want to be clear in my mind and not feel doughtfull.
          I dont feel your reply as clear as clear water.

Thanks Peter

Comment

PeterJ;1069040 > Ok this has been brothering me today, i had it going though my mind.

Can a unsaved seconds,mins, going in to Hell, who never heard anything about God be saved in hell and how would they?
            chal > Peter, there is no such person as the hypothetical one you describe here. No one needs to have heard anything about God to know Him. Knowledge of God is manifest in us all and are clearly seen and clearly understood.

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
            19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. (in them: or, to them)
            20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: (so...: or, that they may be)

Unsaved that know all about God, but said no in earth would have 100% no chance right?
            chal > You have already been given scripture that explains this, so I won't re-hash it. If it's not clear to you, you should study it until it is clear, rather than just look elsewhere.

I was thinking Jesus took laz from Hell and wondered if the same thing would happen? cant recall the verses.
            Would unsaved who never heard God go to Paradise in Hell? like the others did? and stay there?
            Is paradise still there?
            NT not apply to them because they heard nothing from it?

I be thankfull for verses thxs.

Yours Peter
            chal > If you want to discuss a particular verse, it would be helpful to post at least the chapter and verse(s), that you're referring to. What you ask here is kind of vague.
            ShalomUit
            Chal
            <*,})+<

Ecclesia Reformata, Semper Reformanda: The church reformed and always to be reformed

Truth may be stranger than fiction, but fiction is surely stranger than truth "may be." Maybe? -chal's Third (and final!) Big Book of Little Known Thingies that Could (in fact) Become Facts (or faxed) One Day.

Comment

Chal

If a unsaved(died) never heard the word at all would they go to paradise?

Comment

Originally posted by PeterJ View Post
                Chal

Romans 1:20 says "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse."
                We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised. 1 Corinthians 4:10

Comment

Originally posted by PeterJ View Post
                  Chal

chal > The verse I posted explains that there is no such person. All are without excuse.

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
                  19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them;
                  chal > That which may be known of God has been revealed to man. It is manifest in them.

How is it manifest in them?

for God hath shewed it unto them. (in them: or, to them)
                  chal > God Himself has shown it to them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen,
                  chal > How can invisible things be "seen?"

by
                  being understood
                  chal > You may explain to me about something that is beyond my line of vision and I may answer," Yes I see," meaning not that I "see," it literally, because it's beyond my line of vision, but that I understand what you mean. God Himself has explained these things. Who has He explained them to?

by the things that are made

chal > To the things that are made. Mankind.

even his eternal power and Godhead;
                  chal > God Himself has revealed these things from heaven to all mankind. There is no one who has not understood them, whether they have seen them or not and whether they have heard them or not.

so that they are without excuse: (so...: or, that they may be)
                  chal > They are without excuse. It doesn't matter what they have seen or heard. They understand as much as they need to know to be judged by God, because He has revealed it to them from heaven and only He can decide what to do with them. Only He can judge what is in a man's heart in a perfect way.
                  ShalomUit
                  Chal
                  <*,})+<

Ecclesia Reformata, Semper Reformanda: The church reformed and always to be reformed

Truth may be stranger than fiction, but fiction is surely stranger than truth "may be." Maybe? -chal's Third (and final!) Big Book of Little Known Thingies that Could (in fact) Become Facts (or faxed) One Day.

Comment

I believe the point in question is whether or not a person who believes in God but has never heard of Jesus Christ will be able to choose Heaven after death.

Comment

Originally posted by mg23 View Post
                      I believe the point in question is whether or not a person who believes in God but has never heard of Jesus Christ will be able to choose Heaven after death.
                      I understood the question.

I believe the answer to the question is answered in the scripture posted and explained as clearly as it could be in the post above. It doesn't matter what they have heard of. It only matters what they have understood.

Matthew 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
                      ShalomUit
                      Chal
                      <*,})+<

Comment

Originally posted by chal View Post
                        I understood the question.

I believe the answer to the question is answered in the scripture posted and explained as clearly as it could be in the post above. It doesn't matter what they have heard of. It only matters what they have understood.
                        Is God inconsistent then? Paul says in Romans 10:
                        Originally posted by Romans 10:9, 14-18
                        That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved...How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" But not all the Israelites accepted the good news. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our message?" Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ. But I ask: Did they not hear? Of course they did:
                        "Their voice has gone out into all the earth,
                        their words to the ends of the world."
                        There seems to be a contradiction of sorts in your explanation and what the Bible says. If a person understands there to be a god but does not understand that god as through the reality of Jesus Christ, then that person is not saved.

Comment

Originally posted by mg23 View Post
                          Is God inconsistent then? Paul says in Romans 10:

There seems to be a contradiction of sorts in your explanation and what the Bible says. If a person understands there to be a god but does not understand that god as through the reality of Jesus Christ, then that person is not saved.
                          God is not inconsistant and I didn't say that He was. The contradiction is in your understanding of what I posted, not in my answer. You haven't comprehended what I posted, nor the scripture that clearly explains the answer to this question. You seem to have read into my post that I said something about someone being saved, outside of Christ, but the truth is, neither I nor the scripture I posted says anything of the sort. I did not say, nor did the scripture, that anyone can be saved outside of Christ, but the Bible does say that all will be responsible for rejecting Him, because we are all "without excuse." If you think there is a contradiction, perhaps you can show exactly where it is, rather than eluding to it and declaring it to be so based on your own misunderstanding. "Without excuse,' which is in the scripture and explanation that I actually posted, rather than what you seem to have thought I said, (that someone can be saved outside of Christ) to me is pretty clear, but if you think that I'm not comprehending that scripture, then maybe you can show me where the translation error is.

If you think that we are going to be saved by physically hearing the word without comprehending it and walking in it, then I understand what you're getting at, but stongly disagree.
                          ShalomUit
                          Chal
                          <*,})+<

Comment

What do you consider to be paradise? I think that is where your confusion lies. If a person goes to an in between place then it would seem that there would still be hope. However if the decision for life or death is made while alive on this earth then paradise as you know it does not exist. The Old Testament saints went to a waiting place because they could not enter heaven until Jesus Christ died for the sins of all mankind. After He rose from the dead, He gathered them and they are now in heaven seated in heavenly places. Paradise as you know it is now empty and will remain so.
                            Choose Christ today while you have breath in you. I'm not saying that to you personally because I hope you have, I am saying it to those alive who have not yet done so..."Today is the day of salvation!" 2 corinthians 6:2
                            .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
                            .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

Matthew 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Chal you mean that everyone on earth hears God and gets a chance?,
                              that there is not one that gos to Hell not hearing the word?

Can u repost a verse for this again please or related verse

Paradise is still in Hell, would there be anyone unsaved in there?
                              Why is it there still?

Lastly babys go to Heaven no matter what bible says.

Thanks Peter

Comment

Working...
                              X