This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angel picture I did using pastels

...you can vote without me knowing who you are then you don't have to worry about hurting my feelings. I need honest opinions. I haven't done any real art work in quiet some time...I used to paint but I have this shake in my right hand that makes it impossible to do details with a fine brush anymore... I did this as a practice run after buying some new pastels today...I also have to say I haven't done alot with pastels in the past anyway...just off and on and usually with other mediums like colored pencils, or some paint ...my thing was always painting. Anyway we have three bullentin boards at church that need some kind of Christmas type pictures on them..we have none...I did some work on decorating them last weekend and would like to do some pictures on them...I was thinking one of the wise men on camels...one of the sherpards seeing the angels and I know the next one should be a naivity scene but I don't think I am talented enough to do that....as it is this angel has no face because I would just mess it up...

Anyway do you think I need more detail on it or leave it looser like that? As I said detail can be difficult for me so my work might have to be more abstract whether I want it to be or not...sigh.

God bless
    I like it
    94.23%
    Its so-so
    1.92%
    keep working on it
    3.85%
    I can't tell what it is a picture of
    0.00%
    I don't like it
    0.00%
    go buy something to put on the bullentin boards
    0.00%
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Picked I like it even though I was looking for the absolutely amazing option.

That is an excellent picture
    I love you more than words could say.
    You're stuck with me again today!
    So wake up, silly sleepy head!
    It's time for you to get out of bed,
    Open your eyes, for goodness sake!
    I want to talk to my Dan-el cake!
    ~Becky~ aka Beckisted

Comment

I think it's perfect as it is .

Can't wait till my hair grows that long... WHAT, am I thinking outloud again
      --
      Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

i like it too... better than i could ever do

that's why i do photography
        "Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins."
        1 Peter 4:8

When the devil reminds you of your past, remind him of your future.

"A friend loves at all time, And a brother is born for adversity."
        Proverbs 17:17

Love knows no selfishness.

Comment

Now are you all being honest? You don't have to post....you can just vote and not say anything at all? I only spend an hour on this mostly just getting my bearing on using pastels again...its like a practice run... Not saying I can do any better...cause I don't know....

I can't take very good pictures....I always forget to buy film for the camera for one thing....
          "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Julie I didn't vote because my answer isn't on there.

It's absolutely beautiful and it really touches me. I love everything about it. The position of her hands, the colors, and the lack of facial features. The whole thing flows and just invites me into it. Makes me want to stay awhile.

And pastels are my absolute favorite medium.

Seriously, LOVE it. LOVE it.

(Can I have it?)
            Our destiny is to find our identity within the circumference of His identity--to express His nature, character, etc. ever revealing more of Him. ~ R&D Prinzing

Comment

I think it is great. It looks like it is flying naturally, with another objective in mind; but I like angels.............it is very good. You could just paste Nates face on it..........
              God happens!
              'I Can Only Imagine'

Bless the Beasts and the Children:
              http://youtu.be/AhR36gV6vW4

On cautionary note:
              Originally posted by ProjectPeter
              When they say something... it is about anyone's guess what it is they really mean... but NEVER ask for clarification of their mysterious language... they are often very happy to give it and that's when the discussion goes FREAKY!

Comment

Originally posted by Pleroo View Post
                Julie I didn't vote because my answer isn't on there.

It's absolutely beautiful and it really touches me. I love everything about it. The position of her hands, the colors, and the lack of facial features. The whole thing flows and just invites me into it. Makes me want to stay awhile.

And pastels are my absolute favorite medium.

Seriously, LOVE it. LOVE it.

(Can I have it?)
                I was looking at an angel on the internet that I think looks alot better then mine... Her hands are like that cause in this picture she is holding vine with flowers on it...I didn't think I could handle that yet...lol. and it has stars and stuff in the background that I didn't care for...I just needed a general thing to look at.

Anyway sure you can have it...but I gotta get some kind of spray to keep it from smearing...I used to use hairspray but now all I have is those sqrinting kind... And figure out how to mail it... Maybe if Slug growns hair he can tell me what to do...heh.

Slightlypuzzled
                I think it is great. It looks like it is flying naturally, with another objective in mind; but I like angels.............it is very good. You could just paste Nates face on it..........
                I would but I don't have photo shop on this computer....waaaaaaa...(Nate would kill me anyway..lol)

Comment

I HONESTLY LOVE IT TOO!!!!

It has a distinct sense of fluidity and motion. Its truly beautiful!
                  Mark 16:15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation."

youtube.com/hiswillbedone

Comment

Originally posted by mshake View Post
                    i like it too... better than i could ever do

that's why i do photography
                    Same here.
                    And yes I am being honest , and I belive mshake is too.
                    Basic digital art, and photography are about all I can handle.
                    Creating from the basics, like you did I can't handle in my dreams let alone when I am awake.
                    "Love is not about you...and it never was"
                    "Selfishness is inwardly focused, but Love is Always outwardly focused!"

I am very anti-abortion, anti-murder, and Pro-Love.
                    Gotta stop repeating myself...

Stop Marfan - The Silent but deadly killer.
                    It's main weapon is lack of truth.
                    Please learn the truth about the Marfan syndrome
                    by visiting The National Marfan Foundation.
                    Feel free to ask me any questions you may have
                    about the Marfan syndrome and I will answer them
                    the best I can.

Comment

I agree with everyone else! It's absolutely wonderful and I wish I had a big print to hang over my fireplace! It brings me such peace when I look at it... it's wonderful. Thank you for sharing it with us! I'd love to see more!
                      "I just like to smile! Smiling's my favorite!" - Buddy the Elf

My Blog

Pray for Mieke and Charles

Comment

I really really like it Julie!
                        Originally posted by Job 34:19
                        God is not partial to princes and does not favor the rich over the poor, for they are all the work of His hands.

Comment

thanks all, your replies mean alot to me...especially lately I have been feeling down about alot of things right now, so its makes me feel good.......I keep reading the comments on here and looking at it trying to see what you see.... I really didn't think it was very good...

Its not very big, I did it on a sheet of colored contruction paper as practice. Now I spend the rest of the evening doing the wize man one...I know its suppose to be wize men, but you have to pretend the others are behind the first guy out of the scene.... I just did one with the city off in the distance and the star...Its too big to scan though...I will see if my mom can use her digtal camera to take a picture of it and send it to me through email and get it on.

I just did a silhouette of the wize man on a camel and the city...after all you can't see stars in the day time (at least not very well...lol)

Comment

I love it! I myself could never paint anything that good. You are talented!

Comment

I like it cuz I can't do it . Very good job!

Live your life in such a
                              way that, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...

"Oh NO.... she's awake!"

Slug1: No, I have it so short I can't comb it to the side like before

cheechamia: ken...dear...honey...you have NO hair to comb on the side!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X