Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Being in "limbo" or "purgatory" is it real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being in "limbo" or "purgatory" is it real?

Deletion question has been answered.
    Last edited by A820djd; Mar 11th 2011, 03:08 AM. Reason: Thanks

Re: Being in "limbo" or "purgatory" is it real?

No it is not. It's a total fabrication by the Roman Catholic church. When in doubt ask your pastor
    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

I don't have a pastor other than here. It's more comfortable for me sometimes...

Comment

Why are you not in a healthy church gowing along side other believers?
        Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

This would be a good chance, for those in the know, to post some good verses.

(I would start, but my brain is shutting down for tonight)
          GOD forgives - rocks don't
          Colorado Spring Christian Four Wheelers

Comment

Purgatory is not mentioned in the bible.

Comment

Hebrews 9
              27 - And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
              I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
              - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Beilieve it or not. You can't ask questions in some churches. You get snarled at or felt like your inconvienienving the pastor or a leader.

Originally posted by amazzin View Post
                No it is not. It's a total fabrication by the Roman Catholic church. When in doubt ask your pastor

Comment

Originally posted by chad View Post
                  Beilieve it or not. You can't ask questions in some churches. You get snarled at or felt like your inconvienienving the pastor or a leader.

I would find a new church
                  E ku'u lesu, ku'u Ho'ola
                  'O'oe ke ala,
                  A me ka 'oia'i'o
                  A me Keolamauloa
                  'Amene

My Jesus, My savior. You are the way, the truth and the everlasting life. Amen

Comment

Paul said for believers to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

Jesus taught that the rich man was in torments while Lazurus was in Abrahams bosom. Luke 16. Not in limbo and Abraham said there is no going from there to here. Once you're in hell you do not get out. From hell you are cast into the lake of fire at the GWT judgment.

For the cause of Christ
                    Roger

Comment

From "discussions" with devout catholics, they say only believers go to purgatory to purge any remaining sin they might have after death. They don't understand how it is a direct assault on the work Christ did on the cross.
                      GOD forgives - rocks don't
                      Colorado Spring Christian Four Wheelers

Comment

Originally posted by amazzin View Post
                        Actually I have studied comparative religions and there is a similar view in Judaism.

Originally posted by Ask the Rabbi
                        According to Judaism, the purifying process that a sullied soul undergoes to cleanse it from its spiritual uncleanliness is a temporary one, and is restorative in its intent, and not punitive, as many mistakenly believe. Ultimately, all Jews have portion in the World to Come, as do Righteous Gentiles, non-Jews who observe the Seven Noahide Commandments.
                        http://www.chabad.org/library/articl...-teachings.htm

Comment

Originally posted by nzyr
                          Purgatory is not mentioned in the bible.
                          I read once were some Catholic give a number of verses that they use to support this belief, I forget most of them now some are from the deuterocanonical books. The ones I vaguely remember are Isaiah6:4-7, Luke12:47-48, 1Corinthians3:15.

Comment

I was going to say if the Roman Catholic Church uses any scripture I would guess it to be I Corinthians 3:15. But you would have to extrapolate a whole lot to get purgatory from that verse.
                            I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
                            - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Vhayes View Post
                              I was going to say if the Roman Catholic Church uses any scripture I would guess it to be I Corinthians 3:15. But you would have to extrapolate a whole lot to get purgatory from that verse.
                              It is taught in the second book of Macabees. Of course Macabees is an apocryphal book and not recognised as scripture by much of the protestant church.

For the cause of Christ
                              Roger

Comment

Working...
                              X