Gospel - Who was first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gospel - Who was first?

Who was one of the first to have the Gospel of Christ preached to them?

Thanks

Firstfruits

Adam....................................

Comment

Mary, the mother of Jesus. The statements of the angel to her about her future son was basically a sermon of the Gospel.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahtar View Post
        I second that! todd

Comment

I third it!.............
          .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
          .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

Although the following was about Jesus but was it the Gospel?

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Firstfruits

Comment

Originally posted by Ethnikos View Post
              Mary, the mother of Jesus. The statements of the angel to her about her future son was basically a sermon of the Gospel.
              It is agreed that Mary had recieved the Gospel but why do you believe she was the first.

Firstfruits

Comment

Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post
                Although the following was about Jesus but was it the Gospel?

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Firstfruits

'it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.'
                The Seed of the Woman crushing the head (power) of the devil speaks of what He did for us, and the seed of the serpent bruising his heel speaks of the crucifixion. It's all pretty well summed up right there.
                But then you add this to it:
                Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them. (Genesis 3:21 KJV)
                All in all, Adam had a fairly good understanding, I believe, that a son, born of a virgin, would come and die in the place of man to take away sin.

Comment

It is agreed that Mary had recieved the Gospel but why do you believe she was the first.

Firstfruits
                  Just like I said, it was explained to her what Jesus was going to be. It does not talk about how he would die but it does say some important things concerning what was the main mission, bringing in the Kingdom of God.

Comment

'it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.'
                    The Seed of the Woman crushing the head (power) of the devil speaks of what He did for us, and the seed of the serpent bruising his heel speaks of the crucifixion. It's all pretty well summed up right there.
                    But then you add this to it:
                    Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them. (Genesis 3:21 KJV)
                    All in all, Adam had a fairly good understanding, I believe, that a son, born of a virgin, would come and die in the place of man to take away sin.
                    Thanks Kahtar,

All understood, however I hope the following helps with the question I asked.

Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Gen 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

God bless you.

Firstfruits

Comment

Thanks Kahtar,

All understood, however I hope the following helps with the question I asked.

Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Gen 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

God bless you.

Firstfruits
                      The gospel was, is and will always be the restoration of Gan Eden (the never ending Kingdom) to the entire earth and all peoples. todd

Comment

Originally posted by valleybldr View Post
                        The gospel was, is and will always be the restoration of Gan Eden (the never ending Kingdom) to the entire earth and all peoples. todd
                        Thanks Todd,

God bless you.

Firstfruits

Comment

Originally posted by Ethnikos View Post
                          Just like I said, it was explained to her what Jesus was going to be. It does not talk about how he would die but it does say some important things concerning what was the main mission, bringing in the Kingdom of God.
                          Thanks Ethnikos,

With what paul said about the Gospel being preached to Abraham would you agree that Mary was not one of the first?

Thanks

Firstfruits

Comment

I hope the following helps with the question I asked.
                            Firstfruits
                            I do not think Mary would have understood what the angel was telling her unless components of it were made known beforehand.

Comment

Thanks Ethnikos,

With what paul said about the Gospel being preached to Abraham would you agree that Mary was not one of the first?

Thanks

Firstfruits
                              She kept the things that the angel told her in her heart.
                              The first chapter of John describes when it was revealed to the general public:

6There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X