No announcement yet.

Is Abbadon/Apollyon good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion Is Abbadon/Apollyon good or bad?

Some say he is a follower of Satan some say he is of God.

Re: Is Abbadon/Apollyon good or bad?

Originally posted by joseclo08 View Post
    Abbadon/Apollyon/Destroyer
    Hebrew / Greek / English

How many good angels live in a bottomless pit???
    If Satan can keep us busy swinging our swords at one another, there is no hope of a united attack on the kingdom of darkness. KJV, NIV, ESV or ABCDEFG; there is no time to bicker over such things. We'll devour each other if allowed to continue. We should grab the marching orders written in the way we best understand and get to work.

Andrew_no_one

Comment

That and it means destroyer and all. Gotta go with not good.

Visit our new website
      ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
      "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

It's bring about a image from Greek Mythology of a messenger of death. In context in Revelation it seems that a king would be over them as to messengers of death. This in part can relate to Proverbs 16:14 "The wrath of a king is as messengers of death: but the wise man will pacify it." This would be the same picture given in chapter 6:8 as to a character of a pale rider of death as in Greek Myth's. All in all I beleive this to be refering to those that where killed becaused they believed a lie and was slain in Jerusalem by the king Titus.

Comment

Originally posted by joseclo08 View Post
          Out of curiosity..why are you asking?

Comment

Originally posted by Beckrl View Post
            It's bring about a image from Greek Mythology of a messenger of death. In context in Revelation it seems that a king would be over them as to messengers of death. This in part can relate to Proverbs 16:14 "The wrath of a king is as messengers of death: but the wise man will pacify it." This would be the same picture given in chapter 6:8 as to a character of a pale rider of death as in Greek Myth's. All in all I beleive this to be refering to those that where killed becaused they believed a lie and was slain in Jerusalem by the king Titus.
            Help me out here.. ... huh?

Visit our new website
            ! The Blog might interest some.. and Lord help me!!!... for those that twitter... there as well.

A.W. Tozer said,
            "To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

Originally posted by Jennifer View Post
              Out of curiosity..why are you asking?
              Only doing research.

Comment

I thought he was sent by God to punish the sinners

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectPeter View Post
                  Help me out here.. ... huh?
                  How can I help?

Both Peter and Jude speak of fallen angels chained in darkness. This is the standard Greek mythology about Tartarus.

"When Zeus ordered Thanatos to chain Sisyphus in Tartarus upon his death, Sisyphus tricked Thanatos by asking him how the chains worked and ended up chaining Thanatos which caused no one to die." (Wiki/Thanatos) Note that "Thanatos" is Death personified. This is the exact name of the Rider of the Fourth Horse in Revelation!

Also note Leviathan is another example of Greek Mythology representing the seven headed sea monster.

Comment

How can I help?

Both Peter and Jude speak of fallen angels chained in darkness. This is the standard Greek mythology about Tartarus.

"When Zeus ordered Thanatos to chain Sisyphus in Tartarus upon his death, Sisyphus tricked Thanatos by asking him how the chains worked and ended up chaining Thanatos which caused no one to die." (Wiki/Thanatos) Note that "Thanatos" is Death personified. This is the exact name of the Rider of the Fourth Horse in Revelation!

Also note Leviathan is another example of Greek Mythology representing the seven headed sea monster.
                    So it is your contention that they are using Greek mythology?

Visit our new website

A.W. Tozer said,

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

So it is your contention that they are using Greek mythology?
                      The Jews were Hellenized by Greek customs and ideas brought on by Antiochus IV. So I see no reason not to except that they used these terms of Greek Myth's to express a thought and to reveal a truth.

Comment

The Jews were Hellenized by Greek customs and ideas brought on by Antiochus IV. So I see no reason not to except that they used these terms of Greek Myth's to express a thought and to reveal a truth.
                        But then you wouldn't think the Greeks were influenced by Scripture and the God of Israel? Interesting.

Problem is... if John used a mythical creature to state a biblical fact... then Revelation is but truth mixed with fable which makes it not truth at all.

Visit our new website

A.W. Tozer said,

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

But then you wouldn't think the Greeks were influenced by Scripture and the God of Israel? Interesting.

Problem is... if John used a mythical creature to state a biblical fact... then Revelation is but truth mixed with fable which makes it not truth at all.
                          There lays the wisdom to understand as John in Revelation spoke of that not all shall understand. Yet it's the truth revealed by revelations.

Comment

There lays the wisdom to understand as John in Revelation spoke of that not all shall understand. Yet it's the truth revealed by revelations.
                            Only those who subscribe to Greek mythology can understand? Interesting again but way, way, out there somewhere. Those entities were gods and the like and I have a very strong suspicion that they didn't use Greek gods and underlings to make a point about the return of Christ and the day God judges the earth.

Visit our new website

A.W. Tozer said,

GO.... SERVE YOUR KING!

Comment

Only those who subscribe to Greek mythology can understand? Interesting again but way, way, out there somewhere. Those entities were gods and the like and I have a very strong suspicion that they didn't use Greek gods and underlings to make a point about the return of Christ and the day God judges the earth.
                              So when you read Revelation you understand it to be read literal word for word? For example in context of chapter 9 concerning locusts and scorpions which look like horses with heads that had crowns and having hair like a women, etc....They are to have a king over them....I would dare to say this pretty much describes the Roman solider of the first century in hhow they dressed for battle. Well using the Greek Myth's to reveal the truth, but I guess no one can see that...Maybe need a picture of the Roman solider or is there are literal beast of that type.

Comment

Working...
                              X