No announcement yet.

Commandments,Statutes and Judgments!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commandments,Statutes and Judgments!!!

With regards to the following scriptures, if the following still apply what does it mean for those that are not Jews, or of the nation of Israel?

Deut 4:40 Thou shalt keep therefore his statutes, and his commandments, which I command thee this day, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days upon the earth, which the LORD thy God giveth thee, for ever.

Deut 6:17 Ye shall diligently keep the commandments of the LORD your God, and his testimonies, and his statutes, which he hath commanded thee.

Deut 11:1 Therefore thou shalt love the LORD thy God, and keep his charge, and his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments, alway.

Deut 30:10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.

God bless you!

Firstfruits

Re: Commandments,Statutes and Judgments!!!

According to the following only by keeping the commandments, statues and judgments is Israel a holy and special people unto God.

Deut 7:6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

Deut 7:11 Thou shalt therefore keep the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which I command thee this day, to do them.

So how does that affect non jews?

Firstfruits

Comment

Sorry, FF, but I am so weary of this argument that I just can't become part of it.
      Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

Originally posted by keck553 View Post
        Sorry, FF, but I am so weary of this argument that I just can't become part of it.
        Just answer this one question, does it affect non Jews or not?

Firstfruits

Comment

Originally posted by Firstfruits View Post
          With regards to the following scriptures, if the following still apply what does it mean for those that are not Jews, or of the nation of Israel?

Deut 4:40 Thou shalt keep therefore his statutes, and his commandments, which I command thee this day, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days upon the earth, which the LORD thy God giveth thee, for ever.

Deut 6:17 Ye shall diligently keep the commandments of the LORD your God, and his testimonies, and his statutes, which he hath commanded thee.

Deut 11:1 Therefore thou shalt love the LORD thy God, and keep his charge, and his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments, alway.

Deut 30:10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.

God bless you!

Firstfruits
          A study to show oneself approved has to be the first order of business before approaching this subject with a wise response. A person has to know the difference between a commandment, statue, testimony, and judgments/charge. Most just heap them into one big "its the Law" without understanding the body of the Torah's many parts. The Torah is indeed one, but it composed of many parts similar to the composition of the laws of man broken down into various parts. In our society we have the Law of the land which is broken down into various parts called criminal, civil, health code, city ordinances, and so on.

If the Torah is not studied and understood from a 4,000 year ago prospective, then these scriptures will not be properly understood in regards to their context, application, and interpretation.

A person should not attempt to understand these Scripture from today's mainstream christian views and traditional thoughts. It would lead to a reinforcement of preconceived and established thoughts, getting a person no where without aid of the Holy Spirit granting integral revelation of what Torah meant in its various parts and how it was to be established as a doctrine.

In plain text, God Himself established a simply way of how to live a moral, wise, healthy, and profitable life contradicting the rest of the mankind in part. The world establishes and follows their own patterns of life as intended by their own whims, lusts, and attitudes.

I had to ask. Who established these things in the text you posted? In contrast, who has established most of today's traditional Christian thoughts and practices, like Christmas and etc.

It is a definite challenge to understand Torah, I admit especially with Torah being discorded, belittled, and ignored by today's prevalent paradigms of thought, but it is indeed rewarding to grasp in the enter workings of God's courts.

Love, Ryan
          Edify the brethren, love the brethren, and forgive the brethren until I have nothing left.

www.woc-church.org

Comment

Firstfruits
            No, I won't answer.. an entire work of God can not be condensed like Campbell's tomato soup and thrown in the discount rack. Sorry.
            Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

Originally posted by manichunter View Post
              A study to show oneself approved has to be the first order of business before approaching this subject with a wise response. A person has to know the difference between a commandment, statue, testimony, and judgments/charge. Most just heap them into one big "its the Law" without understanding the body of the Torah's many parts. The Torah is indeed one, but it composed of many parts similar to the composition of the laws of man broken down into various parts. In our society we have the Law of the land which is broken down into various parts called criminal, civil, health code, city ordinances, and so on.

If the Torah is not studied and understood from a 4,000 year ago prospective, then these scriptures will not be properly understood in regards to their context, application, and interpretation.

A person should not attempt to understand these Scripture from today's mainstream christian views and traditional thoughts. It would lead to a reinforcement of preconceived and established thoughts, getting a person no where without aid of the Holy Spirit granting integral revelation of what Torah meant in its various parts and how it was to be established as a doctrine.

In plain text, God Himself established a simply way of how to live a moral, wise, healthy, and profitable life contradicting the rest of the mankind in part. The world establishes and follows their own patterns of life as intended by their own whims, lusts, and attitudes.

I had to ask. Who established these things in the text you posted? In contrast, who has established most of today's traditional Christian thoughts and practices, like Christmas and etc.

It is a definite challenge to understand Torah, I admit especially with Torah being discorded, belittled, and ignored by today's prevalent paradigms of thought, but it is indeed rewarding to grasp in the enter workings of God's courts.

Love, Ryan
              Thank you Ryan,

I believe it is important to understand Gods commandments, statues and judgments and how they affect non Jews as long as they stand.

Firstfruits

Comment

Firstfruits
                I will take a shot at it........... God's People and anyone who claiming such by identity. Who did it affect then when the text was written. What was the composition of those that went into the wilderness from Egypt. Where they all Israelites?
                What provision did God make for the mixed multitude? What expectation did God have upon the gentile that lived in the promise land?

I would say, it affected everyone within the borders of Israel in that day, without exception. Now, however, no one agrees as to where the borders of Israel are (I am not talking about natural borders). In addition, the gentiles claim there own inheritances and lands. I use plural here for a reason because not even various Christian entities agree on the inheritance.

Without borders, everything goes and we do not know who it affects or don't affect. LOL

I agree with Keck. This subject is one left for self discovery. It either raises an eyebrow of curiosity or flashes the red sign of danger Will Robertson which causes the normal flight or fight reflects.
                Edify the brethren, love the brethren, and forgive the brethren until I have nothing left.

www.woc-church.org

Comment

No, I won't answer.. an entire work of God can not be condensed like Campbell's tomato soup and thrown in the discount rack. Sorry.
                  Even if what God sent Jesus to do changes how it affects non Jews?

Firstfruits

Comment

Originally posted by manichunter View Post
                    I will take a shot at it........... God's People and anyone who claiming such by identity. Who did it affect then when the text was written. What was the composition of those that went into the wilderness from Egypt. Where they all Israelites?
                    What provision did God make for the mixed multitude? What expectation did God have upon the gentile that lived in the promise land?

I would say, it affected everyone within the borders of Israel in that day, without exception. Now, however, no one agrees as to where the borders of Israel are (I am not talking about natural borders). In addition, the gentiles claim there own inheritances and lands. I use plural here for a reason because not even various Christian entities agree on the inheritance.

Without borders, everything goes and we do not know who it affects or don't affect. LOL

I agree with Keck. This subject is one left for self discovery. It either raises an eyebrow of curiosity or flashes the red sign of danger Will Robertson which causes the normal flight or fight reflects.
                    It has a strong bearing on the state of gentiles which was not changed until God sent Jesus.

Firstfruits

Comment

Even if what God sent Jesus to do changes how it affects non Jews?

Firstfruits
                      You'll need to define "change" so we can be in the same context.

Comment

You'll need to define "change" so we can be in the same context.

With regards to nations outside of Israel, Gods statute demands separation, Jew and Gentile cannot be one. The following scripture teaches us that there must be a change in order to receive the adoption of sons (Gentiles).

Gal 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Firstfruits

Comment

As long as Gods statutes stand, all that Jesus has done that would involve Gentiles and Jews together would be in vain.

When God gave his commandments, statues and judgments, he commanded that they could not be added to or taken away from.

God bless!

Firstfruits

Comment

It has a strong bearing on the state of gentiles which was not changed until God sent Jesus.

Firstfruits
                            So the Gentiles that attached themselves to the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob before Christ weren't 'changed?'
                            I beg to differ with you.

Comment

With regards to nations outside of Israel, Gods statute demands separation, Jew and Gentile cannot be one.
                              Firstfruits
                              This statement simply is not true. Sorry. Go back to the Pentateuch and highlight everywhere "foreigner" appears then re-read it.

Comment

Working...
                              X