Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Resume` of Salvation….

The Resume` of Salvation….

If you could build a resume that brings one to being saved… what would that resume look like?
    "Enter by the Narrow Gate...
    Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way...
    ... there are few who find it."

-----------------------------------------------

* All Scripture when quoted is taken from:

The New American Standard Bible®,
    Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973,
    1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation
    Used by permission." (www.Lockman.org)

Italics, bold, color and/or underline are added for emphasis

Originally posted by Redeemed by Grace View Post
    The Resume` of Salvation….

If you could build a resume that brings one to being saved… what would that resume look like?
    I cant build one, even though some men try..
    I can describe it though: It looks just like the book of Life, you know the book in heaven were our deeds that we confess and repent of are blotted out next to our name by the pen of Christ .

Comment

Originally posted by walked View Post
      I can describe it though: It looks just like the book of Life, you know the book in heaven were our deeds that we confess and repent of are blotted out next to our name by the pen of Christ .
      I agree, it's a very simple and open-ended question... But folks state that they are saved, so what then is salvation based on?

Comment

I agree, it's a very simple and open-ended question...

So I could travel in many ways to discuss this, but would your resume be just your name?

Comment

Mine wouldn't look to good... being filled exclusively with anti-qualifications.

Comment

My qualifications:

-Dead in trespasses and sins....
            -Lost and without hope in this world...
            -Mind blinded by the prince of the power of the air...
            -Blasphemer and persecutor and injurious to others....
            -Destined to be separated from the Goodness of God forever... in the Lake of Fire which is the second death...

Not the best of qualifications... probably the worst... but it was His Grace and His Mercy that reached into My life with that Nail Scarred Hand and set me free and gave me direction in this life...

A person must be lost before found.. and a person must come to the realization and revelation...of God's Goodness and His Unmerited Favor in their life..before realizing the reality of the Cross and what God accomplished on that Bloody Tree for His own and eventually the whole planet... at that revelation of His goodness.. followed by repentance.. is where 'new' life begins...

Ye must be born again...

Paul states it directly....
            God is paitent and longsuffering and that its the revelation of His goodness that leads one to repentance.. and 'new life'....

It was the Revelation of His Goodness and Mercy in my life even though I did not deserve it which led me back to Him and realization of my own wretchedness and that without Him I was nothing.

God chooses His own.. and He called me.. He drew me In and Saved me... HE FOUND ME... I did not find Him... He found me in the state I was in and Saved me... He has Granted me Eternal Life.. not out of my own doings or doing.. but by His Grace and Mercy.. His Foreknowedlge and Will....

Its not that I loved God first.. but that He 'first' loved me and sent His Son to die so that I could have the free gift of Righteousness and Eternal Life... freely done by the Only One who could of Accomplished it Perfectly and Completely.. Jesus the Christ who is God manifested in the flesh.. by the Grace of God He tasted physical death for every man woman and child...

Greater love hath no man than this.. that he lay down his life for his friends....
            Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
            ------------------------------------------------
            Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
            ------------------------------------------------
            The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
            Jeremiah 31:3

Comment

I agree, it's a very simple and open-ended question...

So I could travel in many ways to discuss this, but would your resume be just your name?
              The book of life; 1. where it resides, 2. what is in it, 3. and who pens what is in it.... it is not just our names that are written in it or blotted out of it.

Since we are speaking in metaphors:
              (((Its not what I do or did (my resume) its who I know, trust, and discipline myself after or follow)))
              So, this is my resume: 'Jesus the Christ/Emanuel/God with us' <--- that is my name dropping resume, I am the owners child, and speaking my Fathers name will open or shut every door that I will ever come across.

The deeper meaning of my original post on this thread where I introduced the book of life is:
              Christ justifies me and He created my resume of salvation by coming to earth, walking and living daily among us as one of us, teaching and feeding us, then hanging Himself on the cross for us.
              So, my resume is in heaven now seated at the right hand of God the Father.
              He paid my dept, redeemed me, He purchased my position in salvation, I don't need an earthly resume... I have been adopted by the owner because of the work His Son did on my behalf. If I were to present my own resume I would be deceived, full of pride and never coming to the knowledge of the truth. Any resume presented by a man is counted as filthy rags in the eyes of God the Father/Creator.

Comment

The book of life; 1. where it resides, 2. what is in it, 3. and who pens what is in it.... it is not just our names that are written in it or blotted out of it.

Since we are speaking in metaphors:
                (((Its not what I do or did (my resume) its who I know, trust, and discipline myself after or follow)))
                So, this is my resume: 'Jesus the Christ/Emanuel/God with us' <--- that is my name dropping resume, I am the owners child, and speaking my Fathers name will open or shut every door that I will ever come across.

The deeper meaning of my original post on this thread where I introduced the book of life is:
                Christ justifies me and He created my resume of salvation by coming to earth, walking and living daily among us as one of us, teaching and feeding us, then hanging Himself on the cross for us.
                So, my resume is in heaven now seated at the right hand of God the Father.
                He paid my dept, redeemed me, He purchased my position in salvation, I don't need an earthly resume... I have been adopted by the owner because of the work His Son did on my behalf. If I were to present my own resume I would be deceived, full of pride and never coming to the knowledge of the truth. Any resume presented by a man is counted as filthy rags in the eyes of God the Father/Creator.
                I see agreement in many things you write, for I believe the misconception we bring to the table is that salvation is our work of faith.

If you look at a resume, it will detail work history and education, and life events and activities of the past to be used to a prospective employer in why they should need you and what value you can give them.

Oh but with have salvation’s call it is 180 degrees SO different... For my resume would be blank, for no work or education I can bring qualifies me for salvation. Salvation is a gift for God from God to God, bestowed upon His child, and this gift in unmerited by any work or skill, or even initial desire on our part.

BUT God... in His riches and love, declared me fit through Jesus Christ, so to your metaphor you used in reply - which I liked a lot, where the top of a normal resume holds the name of the prospective employee, ours and all who believes - holds Jesus’ name at the very top...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

RbG

Comment

I see agreement in many things you write, for I believe the misconception we bring to the table is that salvation is our work of faith.

If you look at a resume, it will detail work history and education, and life events and activities of the past to be used to a prospective employer in why they should need you and what value you can give them.

Oh but with have salvation’s call it is 180 degrees SO different... For my resume would be blank, for no work or education I can bring qualifies me for salvation. Salvation is a gift for God from God to God, bestowed upon His child, and this gift in unmerited by any work or skill, or even initial desire on our part.

BUT God... in His riches and love, declared me fit through Jesus Christ, so to your metaphor you used in reply - which I liked a lot, where the top of a normal resume holds the name of the prospective employee, ours and all who believes - holds Jesus’ name at the very top...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

RbG
                  Yes, I believe we would rely on the Name of Messiah, and his resume for our Salvation.

Comment

It would look like the Bible ...

Comment

Trust in the Savior and nothing else.
                      I have a Blog. Please visit!

My Blog http://bibleforums.org/forum/blog.php?b=537

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

Comment

Originally posted by My heart's Desire View Post
                        Trust in the Savior and nothing else.
                        A person would have to first be instructed why they need a Savior.

And then they would have to be told what sin is and what it does and what the consequences are.

You can never assume that they know.

Which is the OP's point, I think.

Comment

A note saying, 'God, on account of your Son Jesus, be merciful to me a sinner'.
                          ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

Comment

Originally posted by DaniHansen View Post
                            A person would have to first be instructed why they need a Savior.

And then they would have to be told what sin is and what it does and what the consequences are.

You can never assume that they know.

Which is the OP's point, I think.

Oh somehow I missed the point! Thanks
                            I have a Blog. Please visit!

My Blog http://bibleforums.org/forum/blog.php?b=537

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

Comment

Uh--exactly who is this resume being submitted to, and how wise and all-seeing are they?
                              Phl 4:11 Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X