The Word, Jesus and Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Word, Jesus and Water

Just wanted to share something that I have been thinking about for some time, it's short and simple really. Notice how that Jesus is the Word of God, and the Word is compared to water? Ever think about the indestructibility of water? Think about it, it has 3 forms, vapor, solid and liquid. If you try to destroy it with fire, it will only evaporate, if the whole world were destroyed by fire and just exploded into pieces, one would have to assume that the water would just become a vapor and float around in space, which of course it would freeze into little ice crystals. You can't destroy water, ever. Now I'm no scientist, and I could be wrong, but it seems to me that this is true. His Word will never perish, God cannot be destroyed and neither can water, and they all are used for cleansing and are all life giving, we would die without water, plant life needs water, everything needs water. God is so smart!
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Re: The Word, Jesus and Water

That was a great revelation. Thanks for sharing that.

I was thinking about the 3 forms you were mentioning and wonder how each would relate to the trinity as well.

Comment

I'm glad you appreciated it, I thought it was cool too. I saw a thread where someone asked if water was created, which reminded me to post this since it's been in and out of my mind for a while.
      Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Comment

Originally posted by Saved7 View Post
        Just wanted to share something that I have been thinking about for some time, it's short and simple really. Notice how that Jesus is the Word of God, and the Word is compared to water? Ever think about the indestructibility of water? Think about it, it has 3 forms, vapor, solid and liquid. If you try to destroy it with fire, it will only evaporate, if the whole world were destroyed by fire and just exploded into pieces, one would have to assume that the water would just become a vapor and float around in space, which of course it would freeze into little ice crystals. You can't destroy water, ever. Now I'm no scientist, and I could be wrong, but it seems to me that this is true. His Word will never perish, God cannot be destroyed and neither can water, and they all are used for cleansing and are all life giving, we would die without water, plant life needs water, everything needs water. God is so smart!
        God can do anything. He can easily turn water back into what it was before it was water.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyC View Post
          God can do anything. He can easily turn water back into what it was before it was water.
          No doubt, but this isn't about what God can do, it's about the fact that God used water to compare to His Word. God would not destroy Himself, therefore, discussing whether or not God can destroy or change water is really kind of pointless in this discussion.

Comment

No doubt, but this isn't about what God can do, it's about the fact that God used water to compare to His Word. God would not destroy Himself, therefore, discussing whether or not God can destroy or change water is really kind of pointless in this discussion.
            Where and when did you see God use water to compare with His Word?

Comment

Saved7 said,
              Ever think about the indestructibility of water?
              Ever think about the indestructibility of everything that exists?

Comment

The bible mentions the word as "living water" several times, I believe. Here is one passage:

<< John 7:38 >>

Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."

Comment

Originally posted by janitor View Post
                  Ever think about the indestructibility of everything that exists?
                  True but the point about the special properties of water is a good point. If I burn wood, the gas that comes off can't be turned back into wood by simply cooling it.

Comment

DDGresham1 posted
                    True but the point about the special properties of water is a good point. If I burn wood, the gas that comes off can't be turned back into wood by simply cooling it.
                    You're right. I just think it's amazing that the evidence of Gods nature is around us all the time.

Comment

Jesus is The Word,
                      In the Psalms, we read of thirsting after God..
                      .Ps 42:2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

Ps 63:1 O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;

For your soul to thirst after God, ordinary water is not going to satisfy that thirst, you need the Word of God, to satisfy that thirst

Jn 4:9 Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.
                      10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.
                      11 The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?
                      12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?
                      13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
                      14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
                      15 The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.
                      The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
                      God plants in our hearts
                      to remind us
                      there are better things ahead.
                      -Holley Gerth

Comment

Originally posted by DDGresham1 View Post
                        The bible mentions the word as "living water" several times, I believe. Here is one passage:

<< John 7:38 >>

Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."
                        This does not say anything about God comparing water or streams of living water to His Word. That is what you read into it. I know what He is talking about here but I will keep that to myself.

Anything that comes from within God or Jesus is always going to be living.

You can read in the bible were it said virtue went out from Him into the woman with the issue of blood.

Now if you said the double edge sword that proceeded out of his mouth and slayed them was compared to his Word.

I might would agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta-An View Post
                          Jesus is The Word,
                          In the Psalms, we read of thirsting after God..
                          .Ps 42:2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

Ps 63:1 O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;

For your soul to thirst after God, ordinary water is not going to satisfy that thirst, you need the Word of God, to satisfy that thirst

Jn 4:9 Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.
                          10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.
                          11 The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?
                          12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?
                          13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
                          14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
                          15 The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.
                          What is the purpose of quoting me verses and telling me what you read into it?

Comment

What is the purpose of quoting me verses and telling me what you read into it?
                            Ephesians 4:2
                            With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love

Comment

That is pretty cool. Never thought of that before.

Comment

Working...
                              X