Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will we do with the Bible when we get to heaven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will we do with the Bible when we get to heaven?

Serious question? Serious answers only please. (or light humour) But no trouble making ok?

Question....
    What will we do with the Bible once we get to the new heaven and new earth?
    Answers:...
    Throw it away? ....doesn't sound right?
    Will we even bring it with us? ...That sounds wrong.
    Worship it? ...Uh uh, way off!
    Hold it in great esteem but not read it because we have Christ all the time? Maybe..

Its an interesting question. I don't think it is terribly important but it is interesting. Anyone have other ideas?
    Dragonfighter1
    Vivo est Ministro

We will learn, teach and discipline ourselves to it (Gods word) in truth with no deceptions introduced by the spirit of the evil one in our way.
    God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, where we are in any of those days does not change that fact that He does not change.

Comment

Well, Scripture tells us that the "word of the Lord endures forever", so I'm sure we'll still have the Bible. I believe we'll be able to understand, engage and interact with it in ways that we can't even understand now. So, I'm looking forward to it very much indeed!
      Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

Originally posted by daughter View Post
        Well, Scripture tells us that the "word of the Lord endures forever", so I'm sure we'll still have the Bible. I believe we'll be able to understand, engage and interact with it in ways that we can't even understand now. So, I'm looking forward to it very much indeed!
        I appreciate your answer.

I do think however that the particular verse you used is a reference to Christ rather than the Bible. Nonetheless it is still true, and I am looking forward to treasuring the Bible.

I assume we will have access to it, in fact I suspect we will have access to it in the ORIGINAL In other words even more accurate than the King James Version... hey It will be perfect woooweee!!!!
        I just thought of that ...how cool!

I wonder what language we will use up there? Do you think we will go back to the pre-tower of Babel language? how cool!
        Dragonfighter1
        Vivo est Ministro

Comment

I am not sure we will need the bible as we will live with the Word made flesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Emanate View Post
            I am not sure we will need the bible as we will live with the Word made flesh.
            Amen. Jesus Christ is the Word made flesh. He also is the truth. John 14:14 says the Word is truth.
            We needed the written word because of our fallen nature. When we're glorifed we won't need the written word.
            The Bible also says as he is that when He appears then we will be like Him. (IJohn 3:2) We will be completed epistles with the truth written on our pure hearts because we will be like our Lord. Everything we speak will be the Word of God.
            Last edited by AliveinChristDave; Oct 4th 2008, 04:03 AM. Reason: add another thought
            In Christ,
            Dave

Revelations 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Comment

I'm bringin' mine to Q & A time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfighter1 View Post
                I appreciate your answer.

I do think however that the particular verse you used is a reference to Christ rather than the Bible. Nonetheless it is still true, and I am looking forward to treasuring the Bible.

I assume we will have access to it, in fact I suspect we will have access to it in the ORIGINAL In other words even more accurate than the King James Version... hey It will be perfect woooweee!!!!
                I just thought of that ...how cool!

I wonder what language we will use up there? Do you think we will go back to the pre-tower of Babel language? how cool!
                I was thinking that we'd be returning to the language that Adam and Eve spoke when they communed with God, so yes, pre "babble." I know that the verse refers to Christ as well as the Bible - good catch.

One thing I like is the fact that we'll be able to find out what all those awkward passages and historical bits we don't understand mean. One thing I really want to know... what was Jesus writing on the ground when they brought the woman to Him who was caught in adultery?

Lots of things to think about!
                Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

daughter....????

Hey, though I live in OHIO USA now. I originated from the midlands UK.
                  What city/town are you near?
                  Dragonfighter1
                  Vivo est Ministro

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfighter1 View Post
                    Serious question? Serious answers only please. (or light humour) But no trouble making ok?

Question....
                    What will we do with the Bible once we get to the new heaven and new earth?
                    Answers:...
                    Throw it away? ....doesn't sound right?
                    Will we even bring it with us? ...That sounds wrong.
                    Worship it? ...Uh uh, way off!
                    Hold it in great esteem but not read it because we have Christ all the time? Maybe..

Its an interesting question. I don't think it is terribly important but it is interesting. Anyone have other ideas?
                    I don't know! "Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away" Luke 21:33

Since we will no longer have a sin nature and will be in our glorified bodies in the very presence of God, I don't see where we would necessarily need the bible. Just like we don't observe certain parts of the OT law because it accomplished what it was supposed to (bring forth the Messiah), by the same token I would think the same would apply to all scriptures at that point. Everything will have been fulfilled and accomplished, just as God said it would.

We will be in the prescence of 'The Word' Himself!

Comment

Dear Dragonfighter, here is a segment of teaching I am presently transcribing from CD's given by Brother Gene Hawkins that may help.

Revelation 22:2. "In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations." And of course the tree of life is Christ Himself "Which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month." It means the full provision that Christ will have for eternity. There will be no lack and no end to the provisions of Christ for us even throughout all eternity, and then the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. It's not as if they were sick, it really is more of the nurturing of the nations, or a full compliment of His care for them. What I want to notice here is that we still see the differences in people as far as their appropriation of Christ and I just ask you, which would you rather have; fruit or leaf? Now the leaves are fine for healing and nurturing but you must know that the fruit is far better. And so some people look upon the fruit and leaves and they see Christ as the fruit of their thinking, and others simply choose the leaves for nurturing or encouragement.
                      Whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus

Comment

My suggestion: "For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known." (1 Corinthians 13.)

I don't think we will need it, nor do I think it will be there. However, with glorified bodies, our brains might be able to remember all of it.
                        "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." -Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Hey! I just thought of something!

God has books. Why wouldn't we?

Richard

Comment

I don't think we'll have the Bible in heaven, because I think we'll go back to having no knowledge of Good and Evil. Having no knowledge of Evil is the only way to not sin while having freewill (which I believe we will still have), but if we had the Bible, we would know what Evil was (since Evil is depicted in the Bible).

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by justinbporter View Post
                              I don't think we'll have the Bible in heaven, because I think we'll go back to having no knowledge of Good and Evil. Having no knowledge of Evil is the only way to not sin while having freewill (which I believe we will still have), but if we had the Bible, we would know what Evil was (since Evil is depicted in the Bible).

Thoughts?
                              Then again, justinbporter makes an excellent point.

Richard

Comment

Working...
                              X