yisraryl hawkins guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yisraryl hawkins guy

what are your thoughts on this man??? do u think he is the last days witness prophicied in the bible???? could he be?

No. ....................
    To This Day

Comment

To satisfy a longer response:

The man made a prophecy that nuclear war would begin in the US in September 2006. It didn't happen. He is disqualified from being a prophet.

A true prophet of God cannot make a single false prophecy. "Yisrayl" made a false prophecy. He is not a prophet.

His prophecies have failed over and over and over. He is not a prophet of God.
      To This Day

Comment

but everything he's been saying makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by srchin23 View Post
          Jesus warned us about false prophets I the last days.
          There will be no prophets – only two witnesses.
          And the Word of God.

Richard

Comment

thats what they are calling him , one of the witnesses ,"the last malak"?

Comment

No Prophets?

I don't exactly agree with Richard's statement concerning there will be no prophets. I think for the church to be the bride without spot or wrinkle that will be ready for Christ's return there must be a restoration of the Apostolic and Prophetical ministries. However,it is safe to say that there are no real prophets and apostles in the body of christ at this time. Those that make claim to these offices now simply don't have the revelation,authority or power that comes with those ministries but that doesn't mean that they will not be restored to bring the church back into unity. The prayer of John 17 has YET to be answered. But going back to the subject I can say with perfect confidence that this hawkins person fits the description of a false prophet.

Comment

a take from the Field Guide to the Wild World of Religion

Field Guide to the Wild World of Religion
                http://www.isitso.org/guide/whoiswho.html#hawkins

Yisrayl Hawkins
                Founder and dictatorial leader of the House of Yahweh in Abilene, Texas, an exclusivist religious group that adheres to an extreme form of pseudo-Biblical "legalism" based heavily on Hawkins' interpretations of the Old Testament (unrelated to any connection with orthodox Judaism). The belief system, including polygamy introduced in the group in 1993—and the teaching that "Satan" is female—is a totally idiosyncratic creation of the founder. Although claiming to believe in Jesus—Yeshua—as Messiah, His role in the religious system is almost negligible. It is taught that He had no pre-existence prior to His birth, and that His primary purpose in His ministry was to reinforce the need to keep the "613 Laws" of the Old Testament. Hawkins proclaims himself to be the only leader of the only true Work of the Almighty on earth now, and requires total obedience of all supporters to his every edict.
                Hawkins' name was originally Buffalo Bill Hawkins. Hawkins' late brother Jacob first founded a House of Yahweh in Odessa, Texas, in 1975. Bill, who changed his name to Yisrayl in 1982, established his own independent congregation in 1980. For a time Bill billed himself and Jacob as the Two Witnesses of the Book of Revelation, but the fact that Jacob didn't believe this, and had nothing to do with his brother's ministry, made this revelation difficult to sustain, and it became even harder after Jacob died in 1991. Followers from all over the country have left their homes in the past decade and cast their lot in with Hawkins, moving to live in his trailer compound outside Abilene. Others travel there three times a year for conventions held to observe the Levitical Holy Days. By 1997, things were getting stranger in the group … one of the few that this Field Guide website has no qualms about labeling a severely spiritually abusive cult. Reportedly, over 300 of the members of the group legally changed their last names to "Hawkins," and Yisrayl was dogmatically prophesying that the Messiah was going to return in October, 2000 and that "80% of the world's population would be killed by mid-2001." The "Religioustolerance.org" website, which is extremely conservative in its approach to labeling groups as cults notes that it finds Hawkins' group to fit ten out of ten of their list of "ten indicators of a destructive cult." A collection of articles about the House of Yahweh is available at:

Comment

I have read some of his writings. He always seemed to be creepy, even in the few points he has correct information. My mom's cousing went to his school when she was young. She does not have a favorable view of the man. I also believe he says that where he lives, somewhere near Abilene, Texas is the new Jerusalem.

Comment

I was not trying to dismiss prophecy. Or the workings of the Holy Spirit.
                    But there are all sorts of self proclaimed (even getting others to proclaim them) prophets and even witnesses – even Ronald Weinland , who proclaimed his wife as witness #2.

Either it’s some new age journey they want to take us on or a turn backward to the letter of the law. It is not of YHWH.

Jesus didn’t tell us to look for a prophet. In fact He warned us about false prophets, false Christs, and even false leaders saying: He was the Christ.
                    Scripture makes it clear that a deception is coming. So I don’t put my faith in some man – no matter who he is, or what he says, or what he does, or what others say about him.

We have Scripture and really don’t need a man to lead us – as we are lead by the Spirit of the Almighty and His Word.

Richard

PS: Thx for the field guide excerpt, ValleyBldr.

Comment

Until Christ comes back to destroy the wicked out of the land, which won't and can't happen until 2 Thessalonians 2:xx is fullfilled, personally I wouldn't trust anyone who claims that he/she is a prophet of God, except for the 2 witenesses in the book of Revelation. But certain things have to transpire before this event can even unfold. But until then, you can bet anyone claiming to be a prophet of God, is anything but. These phonies are easy to discern, and just like Richard already pointed out, we're warned about false prophets in the last days.

Comment

Just because he says things that "make sense" does not mean he's a prophet of God.

A prophet of God, as I already said, cannot make a single false prophecy, which 'Yisrayl' has done numerous times. Even if he "makes sense", he has failed God's test for a true prophet.
                        To This Day

Comment

Originally posted by valleybldr View Post
                          Field Guide to the Wild World of Religion
                          http://www.isitso.org/guide/whoiswho.html#hawkins

Yisrayl Hawkins
                          Founder and dictatorial leader of the House of Yahweh in Abilene, Texas, an exclusivist religious group that adheres to an extreme form of pseudo-Biblical "legalism" based heavily on Hawkins' interpretations of the Old Testament (unrelated to any connection with orthodox Judaism). The belief system, including polygamy introduced in the group in 1993—and the teaching that "Satan" is female—is a totally idiosyncratic creation of the founder. Although claiming to believe in Jesus—Yeshua—as Messiah, His role in the religious system is almost negligible. It is taught that He had no pre-existence prior to His birth, and that His primary purpose in His ministry was to reinforce the need to keep the "613 Laws" of the Old Testament. Hawkins proclaims himself to be the only leader of the only true Work of the Almighty on earth now, and requires total obedience of all supporters to his every edict.
                          Hawkins' name was originally Buffalo Bill Hawkins. Hawkins' late brother Jacob first founded a House of Yahweh in Odessa, Texas, in 1975. Bill, who changed his name to Yisrayl in 1982, established his own independent congregation in 1980. For a time Bill billed himself and Jacob as the Two Witnesses of the Book of Revelation, but the fact that Jacob didn't believe this, and had nothing to do with his brother's ministry, made this revelation difficult to sustain, and it became even harder after Jacob died in 1991. Followers from all over the country have left their homes in the past decade and cast their lot in with Hawkins, moving to live in his trailer compound outside Abilene. Others travel there three times a year for conventions held to observe the Levitical Holy Days. By 1997, things were getting stranger in the group … one of the few that this Field Guide website has no qualms about labeling a severely spiritually abusive cult. Reportedly, over 300 of the members of the group legally changed their last names to "Hawkins," and Yisrayl was dogmatically prophesying that the Messiah was going to return in October, 2000 and that "80% of the world's population would be killed by mid-2001." The "Religioustolerance.org" website, which is extremely conservative in its approach to labeling groups as cults notes that it finds Hawkins' group to fit ten out of ten of their list of "ten indicators of a destructive cult." A collection of articles about the House of Yahweh is available at:
                          Sorry but you can''t beleive everything the media reports...i just don't...so far i am not convinced that he isnt tellin' the truth

Comment

Sorry but you can''t beleive everything the media reports...i just don't...so far i am not convinced that he isnt tellin' the truth
                            He may have plenty of truth but if he's a cultic control freak what does it matter? todd

Comment

Originally posted by markedward View Post
                              Just because he says things that "make sense" does not mean he's a prophet of God.

A prophet of God, as I already said, cannot make a single false prophecy, which 'Yisrayl' has done numerous times. Even if he "makes sense", he has failed God's test for a true prophet.

HMMMM.....BUT DID HE REALLY GIVE A SPECIFIC DATE ON THOSE PROPHECIES????

Comment

Working...
                              X